image-716.jpg
image-746.jpg
image-79.jpg
image-398.jpg
image-796.jpg
image.jpg
photo-265.JPG
image-310.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daniel0265.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I have been debating hard and long about getting the ColorDMD for my POTC now that they have sigma for stern pins. I am confident that it's just a matter of time till they come out with the software for POTC but like their Q&A says, there is no garantee that by the time it comes out the current DMD will be compatible with it. So I also need to prepare myself that I may be stuck with Sigma on this pin as long as I have it for $399 and unfortunately plus CA sales tax since I live here... so is it still worth it? I sure can use some thoughts on it. I have read other posts on how people like it but the points I made out no one really talks about on the other posts.

#3 9 years ago

yeah that's good advice ... what's is making me consider it is the nicer and clearer image quality on the colorDMD but like you said... single color and no guarantees and possible compatibility issues if it comes out in the distant future for $399 is a hard sell.

#15 9 years ago

so if I take the smartDMD route I need to find a way to fit a 15.5 LCD in the back box?

#22 9 years ago

Thanks for all the different opinions pinheads. I just clicked "pay now". I'll start with one and see how I like it before I spend as much on DMDs as I do on one pin.

#24 9 years ago

Thanks, I sure hope so. I think dmod saw my post that I purchased it cuz he sent it out hrs after I mentioned that I just put my order in. Lol ..... On a side note I found it weird that I couldn't find a single picture or YouTube video of potc with a colordmd mod. That was one reason I was so iffy about it. Oh wells I'll post a pic once I do it.

#38 9 years ago

I like it! Can't wait till the day comes that it's multi color but for now, I LIKE IT! I finally also got around to put up a topper for it.
image-79.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-167.jpgimage-167.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-796.jpgimage-796.jpgimage-398.jpgimage-398.jpgimage-716.jpgimage-716.jpgimage-746.jpgimage-746.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 218.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daniel0265.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-upgrade-yesno?tu=daniel0265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.