(Topic ID: 117227)

ColorDMD Unveils New HD Color Upscaling for All Platforms!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ACDC_Hires_Hrons.PNG
DW_Scan_Scores.PNG
IJ_Upscale_ChooseWisely.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
20150330_152249.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.41.19 PM.png
image.jpg
Twister Sigma 2.JPG
Twister Sigma 1.JPG
STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG
FAT32.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
totan 3.jpg
totan 2.jpg
totan 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gaspumprob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 9 years ago

Wow very impressive. I love the up-scaling! Makes an older game look even more modern. Like watching a cartoon video.

Many have mentioned colorizing Spiderman. I remember Randy a while back stating that that because it has video clips that they would not be colorizing it because it would be difficult or not work out right. Does this new technology overcome the problems of colorizing a game like SM ?

Thanks,
Rob

2 weeks later
#706 9 years ago

Ok I have a nib (one month old) sigma display for my IMVE and if i install it how do I get the new HD effect Etc. Do I have to program with a stick or just plug and play??

Rob

#733 9 years ago

Help please,

I followed the instructions and used the correct thumb drive and no luck the program led blinks around five times then i let go after the display goes dark and the program light just keeps blinking and the display remains dark even after one min. The instructions say to copy the file name as follows colordmd.rom is this correct? or does it need to be "colordmd.rom" ? This is a struggle for me and it seems so simple. What should i try??

Rob

#735 9 years ago

Thanks for the fast reply! How do you check to make sure the drive is formatted to FAT 32? The thumb drive I am using has worked on this machine (MB) in the past but i had a friend download the file to this thumb drive for me.

Thanks,
Rob

#737 9 years ago

Ok I checked the thumb drive properties and it is FAT32 .

#738 9 years ago

I also cleared all that was on the drive and started fresh with no luck. File seems to transfer correctly to the drive, then I rename it. Serial number on my display reads 057BDDBB product key 67AC5BBA Just cannot remember when I bought it . Just want to rule out that I do not need a product Key change.

Thanks,
Rob

#740 9 years ago

Thank you very much I will try that.

Rob

#741 9 years ago

Ok still not working maybe the thumb drive is corrupted . I will sleep on this and buy another thumb drive and retry another day. Thanks for all your help Randy.

Rob

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is good to note the correct file name comes from the website. No need to change the name. Just verify that you have the file on the thumbdrive after the file transfer.

Thank you Pinmaniac this helped me. I was changing the name that I could view in the file which read only Colordmd after the download to colordmd.rom which caused problems. When I just did the download again I noticed that when I moved the curser over where it said colordmd it came up as colordmd.rom . So after all this I should have been just leaving everything alone(no rename needed). Now everything is working as it should. Wow what a difference. I love this product ! Thank you color DMD. Thank you Randy for your late night help last night.

Rob

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You might have your machine set to not show extensions, so it was hiding the .rom, and you were technically renaming it to colordmd.rom.rom

Yes that was the problem.

Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gaspumprob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-unveils-new-hd-color-upscaling?tu=gaspumprob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.