(Topic ID: 117227)

ColorDMD Unveils New HD Color Upscaling for All Platforms!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ACDC_Hires_Hrons.PNG
DW_Scan_Scores.PNG
IJ_Upscale_ChooseWisely.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
20150330_152249.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.41.19 PM.png
image.jpg
Twister Sigma 2.JPG
Twister Sigma 1.JPG
STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG
FAT32.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
totan 3.jpg
totan 2.jpg
totan 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider domijr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

This looks great, i'm so excited and can't wait for the software. I should have my display today or tomorrow Thanks so much ColorDMD team.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

tspp will be my first color dmd , come on canadian dollar , please rebound!!!

I'm not sure if customs vary depending on where you're at in Canada, but i had to pay $34.71 CAD when the package showed up. As for the Canadian dollar, i ended up using $257.36 US that i had on paypal, and the rest which was $180.59 US, was paid with the canadian dollar which ended up being $229.59 CAD. Luckily i didn't have to pay it all with the canadian dollar. Think i saved around 60$ CDN or so by paying more than half with the american dollar.

So on top of the currency exchange, factor in the shipping and customs. Shipping is 38.95 US which is close to 50$ CAD, so that's around 85$ CAD to have the display shipped to your door. Currency exchange will add around 100$ to the price. All in all, you're looking at around 585$ CAD shipped.

With that said. This display is amazing and I'm so happy i bought it. It's pricy yes, but who knows, the canadian dollar might keep dropping which will make things even more pricy.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We're trying to get the release for TSPP out tomorrow. LOTR will follow shortly after.
WPC games are starting beta testing to find/fix any issues. Barring any major issues, they should start rolling out by the end of next week.

Oh man, tomorrow??? You're the best So happy i placed the order right away and didn't wait a lil bit, i was going to wait two weeks till my next paycheck, but i said ah well and bought it. I have the display in the machine already and i've played many games in sigma "yellow/gold" and love it, there's so much stuff in the animations that i notice now compared to when it was orange, color is going to be unreal. I can't wait Thanks again ColourDMD team.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Ha! I didn't know they had a Canadian division.

lol, i tried joining the team, but they said it was already getting taken care of and for me to keep my mouth shut

#233 9 years ago

So excited, i'm going to download it right now

#244 9 years ago

Just finished playing a few games, and wow, unbelievable.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Sorry for the crummy quality but this is an example of each in the game. Funny that after a few months of staring at these dots I just now realized whose initials were on the left there! LOL.

You ain't lying about trying to get good quality. I tried making a video but it didn't turn out that well. The yellow seems too bright for my cam or something.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There is a new contrast feature in the settings. This will turn up/down the brightness on your colors. Also a new backlight feature to make the blacks more black if you prefer.

It looks great the way it is, my cam just doesn't pick it up at certain angles. I think i might have found a good angle but my phone is about to die. I'll try again tonight. I mostly tried the scan effect and it's amazing. I tried the dots for one game and that is incredible as well. I haven't tried the other three yet, but it's 7pm and i need to eat

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

This is a dumb question I guess, but does a color DMD colorize the portals menu as well?

Yup, it does.

IMG_1331.JPGIMG_1331.JPG

#266 9 years ago

i posted some on the ColorDMD 17th release TSPP thread, i'm uploading another showing how easy it is to switch thru the modes, and also to show better detail on each

See post #197, there's actually a cpl more from other members as well
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-announces-tspp-as-game-17-official/page/4

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

When will we be able to download the upgrade from the website?

I'm sure they'll have the updated roms for the other games they've colored soon.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree. LOTR looks great.

My settings are very close to the same. Contrast 6, backlight 3 on two of the games I'm testing. The third has a really bright backlight for some reason, so I have it set at 2. Scan mode is the clear winner on two of my games, the third is a toss up between scan and tile.
I would think that the contrast and brightness settings will depend on your ambient lighting, however.

Ya, must have something to do with our ambient lighting, since many people on here have said that turning up the contrast will show more of the scan feature, but i find that if i lower the contrast, the scan lines pop more. If i raise the contrast all the way up, i can barely see the scan lines "even if i set backlight to 1". I played around with it for awhile and i have it set to Contrast 4 and Backlight 5.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

reinstalled rom, working now but on scan mode getting a glitch across screen a few times a minute. can't be normal right? maybe download file and start again? something with the settings?

Quoted from foxtj24:

I am getting a glitch too, The screen flashes with a horizontal line across it every couple minutes or so. I thought I was seeing things but my son also pointed it out to me today.

I notice some flashing once in awhile also.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider domijr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-unveils-new-hd-color-upscaling?tu=domijr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.