(Topic ID: 117227)

ColorDMD Unveils New HD Color Upscaling for All Platforms!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ACDC_Hires_Hrons.PNG
DW_Scan_Scores.PNG
IJ_Upscale_ChooseWisely.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
20150330_152249.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.41.19 PM.png
image.jpg
Twister Sigma 2.JPG
Twister Sigma 1.JPG
STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG
FAT32.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
totan 3.jpg
totan 2.jpg
totan 1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docrotcod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We're trying to get the release for TSPP out tomorrow. LOTR will follow shortly.
WPC games are starting beta testing to find/fix any issues. Barring any major issues, they should start rolling out by the end of next week.

Once we update a game, will that code contain all modes for that game? (Dots, Upscaling, etc)

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The LOTR 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

LOTR_Scan_Gandalf.PNG 24 KB

Randy, do you have to go through all of the frames again and create the alternate modes like squares, hi res, etc?

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Question, which mode/style do you prefer for LOTR? Also have you found optimum settings for the contrast and backlight?
Thanks

Not a bad question. Would be good to know what the creators 'suggest' as the best mode/contrast/brightness for each title.

#344 9 years ago

I don't recall seeing this on my limited testing of LOTR.

#382 9 years ago

Nice thing about these titles being updated is it gives me a chance to play some of the ones that have been sitting idle for awhile and play them again and address any issues that may have cropped up. For example Indy has had a switch error that I have been ignoring so finally adjusted it.

#384 9 years ago

Randy, for whatever fix you had to do for TSPP and LOTR posted this morning, are those fixes incorporated into these updates today?

#387 9 years ago

I'm literally getting no work done this week. I just sit here and wait for the updates for the displays. I still have STTNG, TAF, MB, and Theatre to do.

#452 9 years ago

I'm pretty much just setting all my DMD's to contrast 5, brightness 9, and scan.

Randy, on my ColorDMD on my Sttng I noticed the button that advances through the menus and saves tends to jump ahead, like it has a double press when I hit it. Any advice on this? I was able to get around it, and I guess it likely won't be something I use often.

#509 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What are people using for adjustments?

I've been setting all mine at scan, 5 contrast, and 9 brightness

#513 9 years ago

The way I see it, even if animations aren't perfect, or there is some issues, think back to the original dots.

Also, before these updates, the renderings were already done. I'm pretty sure now on the new modes it is upscaling everything on the fly.

It's 1000X better than anything we ever had and I am thankful for Randy and his team for what they have done!

#542 9 years ago

I literally just installed one in my TSPP and I am equally amazed. Such a great product. I'm up to 7 now.

#573 9 years ago

Randy,

Should everyone apply Lotr and tspp update?

1 week later
#662 9 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Will the original DMD in my Stern TSPP work in the Williams ST:TNG?
My ST:TNG DMD is very dim and taking forever to brighten up so was thinking of a new COLORDMD for TSPP and moving that TSPP DMD to ST:TNG.

It will but you will need the cable kit for WPC:

http://shop.colordmd.com/cable-kit-for-wpc-wpc95/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docrotcod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-unveils-new-hd-color-upscaling?tu=docrotcod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.