(Topic ID: 117227)

ColorDMD Unveils New HD Color Upscaling for All Platforms!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
ACDC_Hires_Hrons.PNG
DW_Scan_Scores.PNG
IJ_Upscale_ChooseWisely.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
20150330_152249.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.41.19 PM.png
image.jpg
Twister Sigma 2.JPG
Twister Sigma 1.JPG
STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG
FAT32.PNG
FT_Upscale_MonsterFish.PNG
totan 3.jpg
totan 2.jpg
totan 1.jpg
There are 856 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Great product. Great company.

I just installed a ColorDMD this weekend, and it is absolutely one of the best mods I've ever seen. Definitely worth the money.

Great product. Great company. Great communication. Great after-sale support.

#402 9 years ago

Amazing product. I'm seeing things on lotr I haven't seen in several years of ownership and at least 1000 plays.

#403 9 years ago

fishtales looks great!

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

I just updated my MM, WOW, it's like going from 720 to 1080p
Thanks guys, now just waiting for 5 more updates. ))

720 to 1080 isn't that dramatic for most systems. Unless you sit 5' away from a 65" display anyway.

#405 9 years ago

Wow job well done on IJ! I got home and quickly updated it. Looks absolutely amazing. I commend you ColorDMD for the awesome service you all provide and amazing updates which are FREE!

#406 9 years ago

Gotta love how ColorDMD is reacting to SmartDMDs "declaration of war" ( ) from the SmartDMD thread.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Gotta love how ColorDMD is reacting to SmartDMDs "declaration of war" ( ) from the SmartDMD thread.

why go there, no need to bring that up or to this thread.

#408 9 years ago

Credit needs to be given when its due. Color DMD is the best with providing us customers with the best service and products. On top of that they are providing this at NO ADDITIONAL charge !

#409 9 years ago

In one of the other ColorDMD threads, someone mentioned a random mode choice because they couldn't choose which they liked best. I thought it was funny since I'm on the fence between SCAN and TILE on one of the games I'm beta testing. Maybe once it's released, you guys will be able to help me make a decision.

#410 9 years ago

Each game seems to have a unique best mode. Surprisingly I think DW still look best with dots or the new Tile mode.

#411 9 years ago

The DW looks nice in the the scan mode but the characters in the Lock animation look bizarre. It has nothing to do with what ColorDMD has done, it's just the lack of detail in the dots for the two figures. A bit creepy.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The DW looks nice in the the scan mode but the characters in the Lock animation look bizarre. A bit creepy.

This. In Tile or 8bit mode they look a bit like Minecraft creepers.

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

This. In Tile or 8bit mode they look a bit like Minecraft creepers.

When you upload 3.0 what does it default to? I just left it in that mode as I assumed it was the newest one.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

When you upload 3.0 what does it default to? I just left it in that mode as I assumed it was the newest one.

SCAN. Since we're going from only DOTS to a choice between five different modes, all of the new ones are the "newest". SCAN is the most advanced, but like you guys mentioned, sometimes there's just not enough to work with. In those cases, the results can be a bit funky.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

SCAN. Since we're going from only DOTS to a choice between five different modes, all of the new ones are the "newest". SCAN is the most advanced, but like you guys mentioned, sometimes, there's just not enough to work with. In those cases, the results can be a bit funky.

thanks. I have always just kept it in Dots but will have to check out the other choices.

#416 9 years ago

what the difference between scan & hires?

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not sure but I think the default is dots. I like the brightness the non-dots brings, and like someone else mentioned I like the scan mode in many places, just not all. I'm liking TILE more and more for DW. Also, even though we just released this update, I worked on a sprite fix last night and tested the build this morning. So it is possible another DW update will be coming. Once you make these, you want them as perfect as possible. The DW 3.0 update was more than just the addition of hires/scan features, I fixed a couple small bugs as well.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

what the difference between scan & hires?

Hires does the upscaling equally so colors will be solid. Scan applies thin scan lines to the medium pixels thus adding a bit of texture. Just try the different modes and you'll quickly see the difference. On certain sequences it won't be as noticeable as others.

#419 9 years ago

sorry I scanned through the last few pages and couldn't find anything... IS H2O able for the upscaling update yet?

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

sorry ii scanned through the last few pages and couldn't find anything... IS H2O able for the upscaling update yet?

Nope.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Not sure but I think the default is dots. I like the brightness the non-dots brings, and like someone else mentioned I like the scan mode in many places, just not all. I'm liking TILE more and more for DW. Also, even though we just released this update, I worked on a sprite fix last night and tested the build this morning. So it is possible another DW update will be coming. Once you make these, you want them as perfect as possible. The DW 3.0 update was more than just the addition of hires/scan features, I fixed a couple small bugs as well.

Thanks a lot for all your work on this title. Come up to RVA and let me buy you a beer or two.

#422 9 years ago

If you're wondering about a particular game, it's probably easiest to look for a 3.X ROM on the ColorDMD firmware page.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

#423 9 years ago

ok thanks... I sit patiently then....

#424 9 years ago

Ya'll are killing me.

Doctor Who before STTNG.... no way.

#425 9 years ago

I like Ft best in HighRes.

others have thougts on favorite mode?

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ya'll are killing me.

STTNG may have had some other bugs that needed fixed that DW didn't have.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

720 to 1080 isn't that dramatic for most systems. Unless you sit 5' away from a 65" display anyway.

I have to disagree. Previously had cable. They only broadcast 720.
Went with Direct tv in 1080 and the picture got dramatically better.
Almost looks 3d. Took a week or two to get used to it.
Sister even noticed a huge difference and she hardly pays attention to anything.
Either way, I'm loving how my MM display looks now!!

#428 9 years ago

The JD 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

JD_Upscale_BattleTank.PNGJD_Upscale_BattleTank.PNG
#429 9 years ago

The RS 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

RS_Scan_MonsterCab.PNGRS_Scan_MonsterCab.PNG
#430 9 years ago

The TOTAN 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

TOTAN_Scan_Cyclops.PNGTOTAN_Scan_Cyclops.PNG
#431 9 years ago

The MB 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

MB_Scan_Doc.PNGMB_Scan_Doc.PNG
#432 9 years ago

The SS 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

SS_Upscale_Coffin.PNGSS_Upscale_Coffin.PNG
#434 9 years ago

The STTNG 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNGSTTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG
#435 9 years ago

I guess my USB key is going to be getting a workout doing some updating...

Jaz

#436 9 years ago

Looks like Totan gets updated Today!!!!! WooHoo

#437 9 years ago

STTNG installed and looks great, thanks for the update.

#438 9 years ago

white water.... fingers crossed .....

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The STTNG 3.0 update is now available for download from our site!

STTNG_Scan_Borg.PNG 20 KB

Yeah man! Crankin' em out! Will be installing this tonight!

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ya'll are killing me.

It makes sense. Doctor Who, which is a superior show , was on the air several years before Star Trek.

The new mode looks great. Thanks for all your work!

#441 9 years ago

I keep refreshing hoping to see WH20 released before I leave on vacation!!

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

It makes sense. Doctor Who, which is a superior show , was on the air several years before Star Trek.
The new mode looks great. Thanks for all your work!

Debatable, especially when comparing to TNG/DS9. I'd take any Doctor over TOS though.

#443 9 years ago

It's like Christmas!!!

#444 9 years ago

When will we see AFM and TAF? Those are the two I am waiting for!

Excellent work!

#445 9 years ago

Can't wait for TAF and WH2O!

#446 9 years ago

Dangggggggggggg nice work!

#447 9 years ago

Noticed that JimB said he installed 3.0 for STTNG but when I go to site, the updates listed a little over an hour ago (per above) aren't showing up. Am I missing something?

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Noticed that JimB said he installed 3.0 for STTNG but when I go to site, the updates listed a little over an hour ago (per above) aren't showing up. Am I missing something?

Try hitting F5?

#449 9 years ago

I see this:

http://colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Star Trek The Next Generation ColorDMD 3.0 ROM Update (Updated Feb 12, 2015)
3.0: (02/12/15) Update to coloring engine with new upscaling features and extended contrast/backlight control.
2.1: (06/08/13) Corrected issue with ROM reads that could cause intermittent image flicker on some boards.
2.0: (04/28/13) Updated with SIGMA 32-bit product key.
1.1: (02/29/12) Initial release.

Maybe try a Ctrl+F5 (clears cache and reloads -- could vary by OS/browser).

#450 9 years ago

Sorry posted on wrong thread!

Post edited by Mattman55: Wrong Thread!

There are 856 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-unveils-new-hd-color-upscaling/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.