Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm going to purchase some speaker light kits and acrylic inserts for my TWD. While searching around, I ran across this page on the ColorDMD website.

http://www.colordmd.com/colorchange.html

At first I thought it was a way for the light kits to work with the ColorDMD, so it would change colors during different DMD animations. But as I read it again, I'm thinking that isn't the case.

It looks like it's only designed to work with the Sigma ROM, which is just a "choose a single color for the DMD ROM".

Is that correct?

Also, I'm at work and can't look at my game. If I have the ColorDMD, I'm thinking that I don't need the optional 5v/12v Splitter they sell? If I remember correctly, the ColorDMD included a secondary plug on it's power connection. Is that correct?

How many things can I plug into that accessory power jack? I was thinking of one for Metallica, but I already have a ColorDMD and my pinblade lights attached.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

it's only designed to work with the Sigma ROM

Correct You do not need this connector if the game you are installing it in is already colored. It only works to change the color on Sigma with the remote provided with the Speaker light kit.

You will need a power splitter cable...not sure what you have to plug in but they come in different sizes.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=46B831F83D54BC8E8863895834F4CE80.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=power+splitters

Here is a page with some examples to choose from. I also believe they are available on ColorDMD or Speaker light kits.com web sites just not as many choices.

Phoebe

#3 6 years ago

It looks like it's only designed to work with the Sigma ROM, which is just a "choose a single color for the DMD ROM".

Is that correct?

Yes, the RGB color change that is built in the ColorDMD is only meant for ColorDMD displays that are running a game in SIGMA mode.

Also, I'm at work and can't look at my game. If I have the ColorDMD, I'm thinking that I don't need the optional 5v/12v Splitter they sell? If I remember correctly, the ColorDMD included a secondary plug on it's power connection. Is that correct?

From what I see on the ColorDMD site, it does appear that they have an additional power hookup on the end of their power connection.

How many things can I plug into that accessory power jack? I was thinking of one for Metallica, but I already have a ColorDMD and my pinblade lights attached.

That would all depend on what mods you have hooked up. The Speaker Light Kits pull very little power and I haven't heard many reports of power mods overloading that hookup on SAM games. I do remember one mod pulling a bit too much power and causing other connected mods to crap out, but I can't think of what it was. In any case, the result was just certain mods not getting the power they needed when it was plugged in. The 8 connection, power board splitter is a commonly used accessory in SAM games so I wouldn't expect the (3 mods) ColorDMD, pinblade lights and Speaker Light Kits would be an issue working together or pulling too much power.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-speaker-light-kits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.