(Topic ID: 48236)

ColorDMD SIGMA/WH2O Release Set for May 2! -- NEW VIDEO ADDED!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN3073.JPG
ColorDMD_New_and_Improved3.jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Scared Stiff ColorDMD! Why isn't it done yet?! You're working on the wrong game!

Randy said it's on the Short List. Before end of the year.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I've deliberately avoided answering this for the simple reason that as soon as we announce something like this, people start questioning "Why isn't it done yet?!?" or complain that we're working on the wrong thing.

Quoted from Crash:

Scared Stiff ColorDMD! Why isn't it done yet?! You're working on the wrong game!

I have a sneaky suspicion this was a joke.

#53 6 years ago

My guess for the 5 highly requested games to get a Color DMD this year.

Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Monster Bash

and of course....Indiana Jones

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My guess for the 5 highly requested games to get a Color DMD this year.
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Monster Bash
and of course....Indiana Jones

Nope,
Randy told me that Gofers will be after Scared Stiff, then FishTales

#55 6 years ago

fish tales
FiSh TaLeS
FISH TALES

#57 6 years ago

IJ should be next

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

IJ should be next

IJ would also be amazing. I think we all agree, that ColorDMD can't produce them fast enough. I wonder when the competition will be coming?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

I think we all agree, that ColorDMD can't produce them fast enough.

I disagree. I think they're doing just fine.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I disagree. I think they're doing just fine.

Based on the estimate of 5 a year vs. demand.
Great work though and look forward to the next ColorDMD.

#61 6 years ago

I am debating wh20 now but am in for my nice sigma display for tz. My tz dmd is really toast and I am glad I just continued to wait .

So on may 2nd you will have a new sku called sigma display (no game related to it) and your normal fast sell out of wh20. What is the price of sigma 399 as usual?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am debating wh20 now but am in for my nice sigma display for tz

This was my issue. I never owned a game that had a ColorDMD so I never had to think aboot it...then BAM 2 games I own at once. Had to go WH20 as I already have enough ugly monies dumped into my TZ

#63 6 years ago

I would like to formally request (through a forum post, as you do) that you extend SIGMA technology to the color DMD products. I think that for games with "Darker" DMD content (like STTNG with it's space setting) the negative space between the dots is just fine. But for games with "lighter" DMD content, (like white water, with it's daytime scenes and bright colors) the negative space darkens those colors, and affects the quality of those colors. Tans look grey, yellows look sickly, etc. SIGMA is so much brighter and more vibrant, and on wh2o I think it would make it look so much better. The brightness of that TZ display at TPF was amazing, and I felt it overshadowed the wh2o display right next to it. Wh2o still looks nice, but that game in particular would. benefit greatly from the sigma treatment.

Also, question. After I buy it and flash it for wh2o color display, can I reverse it back to the sigma capable single color display?

Thanks.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This was my issue. I never owned a game that had a ColorDMD so I never had to think aboot it...then BAM 2 games I own at once. Had to go WH20 as I already have enough ugly monies dumped into my TZ

It came on my TAF (version 2.0 works with THING lamps). It's awesome but when I am playing white water I rarely even look at DMD, have to keep my eye on the ball. TAF seems to play slower so I always check out the mode start ECT. I just do not see the animations being nearly as good as TAF so I just kinda went from OMG gotta have one, to it is really not that big of a deal and probably not buy one.

My HEP TZ with black and white DMD is going to be off the hook awesome. Got my alarm set for May 2nd I will not be shut out.

#65 6 years ago

Got my alarm set for May 2nd I will not be shut out.

My recently acquired Whitewater. Must set the alarm for May 3rd 1.30 am Friday.

DSCN3073.JPG

#66 6 years ago

Real nice setup chalkup8 you got there and WH20 but no floor protection for your wood? Oh and it looks like you have plenty of room for more games.

#67 6 years ago

hey,thanks for the nice compliment starbase.The machines have little rubber tan coloured furniture feet under them.I'm at my max with machines,enough maintenance for me.Really enjoying the color dmd with afm,had to go for wh20.I hope they don't do totan in the near future lol.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

After I buy it and flash it for wh2o color display, can I reverse it back to the sigma capable single color display?
Thanks.

Yes, you'll be able to go back and forth between SIGMA and any of the supported multicolor ROMs.

#69 6 years ago

See the new White Water and SIGMA ColorDMD displays LIVE at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown THIS WEEKEND (April 26-28, 2013) in Denver, Colorado!

Special thanks to Dan Nikolich for organizing this!

#70 6 years ago

I know the sigma will be released for TZ but will the multi-color version be available for TZ?

#71 6 years ago

Hi Randy - Any preference given to repeat customers on May 2? Just asking... ;>

#72 6 years ago

How about just keeping them in stock? It seems like so far in the past if your not on top of it and buy one out the gates its hard to get later. I think pretty much everything on the is out. Do you guys plan on keeping the new Sigma in stock?

#73 6 years ago

Better late than never... The "official" White Water ColorDMD video has been posted! Link added to the first post in the thread.

#74 6 years ago

Gotta have FT if you have the one for WH2O, they are a set.

#75 6 years ago

Now I want WH2O back even more, if that's possible.

#76 6 years ago

Looks awesome, Randy. White Water is a top-3 game for me, and I can't wait to put one of these in mine. Who did the colors for this one? Judging from the video, I like their taste.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

See the new White Water and SIGMA ColorDMD displays LIVE at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown THIS WEEKEND (April 26-28, 2013) in Denver, Colorado!

Really enjoyed playing the WH20 with the ColorDMD in Denver last night. It really adds to the game. Nice job with the color selections.

#78 6 years ago

This display will also be on display at PAGG May 17-19.

http://pinagogo.org/

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I know the sigma will be released for TZ but will the multi-color version be available for TZ?

No plans for a multicolor TZ at the moment. TZ looks really good on SIGMA. In the near term, we're focusing on some other titles and further platform development.

Quoted from Iamdarras:

How about just keeping them in stock? ... Do you guys plan on keeping the new Sigma in stock?

This run is similar in size to the last two. We've been doing production runs about every three months with new development between to fuel runs. For each of the last two runs, we had displays for about one month after release.

Quoted from PinHacks:

Who did the colors for this one?

Coloring White Water was a joint effort. I started it (my first effort since AFM) and Chris (who's colored everything else!) finished it.

--------------------------

If you haven't seen the White Water video yet, please check out the link on the first post of the thread!

Randy

#80 6 years ago

Just wanted to thank Randy & Co. for a job well done on AFM. I got to play one at the Atlanta Swap meet for awhile. One has to appreciate the amount of colorization that went into AFM's conversion. It made me pause for a moment and think that if we push for our favorite Pins to be colorized quickly,, that quality of color depth may suffer from getting a product out now, vs. getting one that has been done to the best of Randy & Co's standards.

Thanks again,

#81 6 years ago

I think the Colordmds are great and liked the sigma display on FT at MGC.

Will you guys be doing anything with Stern titles. Would love to see LOTR, SM, etc.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Will you guys be doing anything with Stern titles. Would love to see LOTR, SM, etc.

I hope so... extending the platform to support other game systems has been on my ToDo list for a while now.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I hope so... extending the platform to support other game systems has been on my ToDo list for a while now.

Please oh please do Spider-Man!!!!!

#84 6 years ago

Fish tales!

#85 6 years ago

So my DMD on SS just went bad. I'm guessing this is a hint. Can anyone confirm if the display being released Thursday will work at least in sigma mode for SS and will physically fit?

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeJ:

So my DMD on SS just went bad. I'm guessing this is a hint. Can anyone confirm if the display being released Thursday will work at least in sigma mode for SS and will physically fit?

Yes..... and it will look awesome

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

This display will also be on display at PAGG May 17-19.
http://pinagogo.org/

Excellent! I really want to see a ColorDMD in person, backlit screens are so hard to capture on video or stills.

#88 6 years ago

Are you guys going to send one for us to see at Allentown?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Are you guys going to send one for us to see at Allentown?

There will be a WH2O with a new display at Allentown, courtesy of pinsider gabegabegabe.

Thanks Gabe!

#90 6 years ago

Randy - thanks for great products. Was there any real benefit to me updating my STTNG to the 32 bit rom tonight? Didn't notice any differences from the 16 bit except now the only menu option is brightness.
Oh yah, and everybody make sure to shut your coin door during the update or it won't work

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Randy - thanks for great products. Was there any real benefit to me updating my STTNG to the 32 bit rom tonight? Didn't notice any differences from the 16 bit except now the only menu option is brightness.
Oh yah, and everybody make sure to shut your coin door during the update or it won't work

All of the updated rom files on the website (2.0 or later) require a new 32-bit key. The benefit of the updated rom library is that the roms have been unlocked so that you can download and install ANY supported rom on your display. Previously you could only install a rom update for the same game. This enables you to move your display to a different game, or use the SIGMA (customizable single-color) rom.

The previous options (color, mounting position, etc) are still there if you install the customizable SIGMA rom. For game-specific multicolor roms these options aren't needed and were removed to simplify the interface.

As far as gameplay, except for some very minor changes to STTNG to fix coloring on some counter modes, you shouldn't see any real difference in the 2.0 update. For AFM, MM, and TAF, there are no gameplay changes between the 2.0 updates and prior versions.

#92 6 years ago

I think I need these, especially when FT comes out. But what is the updating procedure like? Can an idiot like me do it?

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmm55mm:

I think I need these, especially when FT comes out. But what is the updating procedure like? Can an idiot like me do it?

Our homepage was just updated with a video link that shows just how easy it is to update.

http://www.colordmd.com

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Our homepage was just updated with a video link that shows just how easy it is to update. blockquote>

Thats good because I justed ordered mine last night & I am a little nervous to set it up, but I will give it a try. If I need help, I will surely ask!!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

All of the updated rom files on the website (2.0 or later) require a new 32-bit key. The benefit of the updated rom library is that the roms have been unlocked so that you can download and install ANY supported rom on your display. Previously you could only install a rom update for the same game. This enables you to move your display to a different game, or use the SIGMA (customizable single-color) rom.
The previous options (color, mounting position, etc) are still there if you install the customizable SIGMA rom. For game-specific multicolor roms these options aren't needed and were removed to simplify the interface.
As far as gameplay, except for some very minor changes to STTNG to fix coloring on some counter modes, you shouldn't see any real difference in the 2.0 update. For AFM, MM, and TAF, there are no gameplay changes between the 2.0 updates and prior versions.

I am not sure where best to post a "thank you" for not locking out previous buyers from all the awesome you have unleashed lately, but thank you.

Not crapping on past customers might seem like good business, but it is not how some seem to run. Thank you for making the only pinball mod I have ever seen that I have had to say "that must be mine", and for making it better every several months it seems!

#96 6 years ago

edit fail

#97 6 years ago

Received and installed my WH2O color dmd today! Couldn't be happier

#98 6 years ago

Got mine in a few days ago. Love it. Do CREEEEECH!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Village, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside