(Topic ID: 121455)

ColorDMD Rolls Out Support For Monopoly! - Video Preview Released!

By Dmod

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Monopoly_Eleven.PNG
Monopoly_CashGrab.PNG
Monopoly_CopStop.PNG
Monopoly_Chance.PNG
Colour DMD -Monopoly .JPG
Monopoly_Jackpot.PNG

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Andy chance to sell full video of all the animations???

#52 9 years ago

Looks great.

Honestly did not see this one coming.

Monopoly owners should be thrilled...

#53 9 years ago

Sweet, I'm going to go broke soon working on my pins. I'm working on collecting parts right now to overhaul monopoly. Only question is how quickly to buy the colordmd.
Every pin should have a colordmd.

#54 9 years ago

I don't have Monopoly - but I'm thrilled every time a "smaller"/"oddball" game gets colored ...cuz that means ANY game is fair game as long as someone has a passion for it and wants to color it.

C'mon Congo, Gofers, Shadow and Family Guy! Wooo!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't have Monopoly - but I'm thrilled every time a "smaller"/"oddball" game gets colored ...cuz that means ANY game is fair game as long as someone has a passion for it and wants to color it.
C'mon Congo, Gofers, Shadow and Family Guy! Wooo!

You mean Family Guy, then all the rest!

#56 9 years ago

Monopoly is a great game, glad to see a strong "B" title get the CDMD treatment!

if they ever did south park I think I would finally have to give in and buy one hehe

#57 9 years ago

If they do Jurassic Park I will buy one for sure

#58 9 years ago

nerbflong, I see you have a couple of favorite games (Shadow and Pinball Magic) in your collection. Are those on your list to do next?
I can't wait to see Monopoly in action at TPF.

#59 9 years ago

While I can't say what game I'm working on next, I will say I do want to see both those games colored. But then again, I want to see all my games colored. Sorry to be obscure lol!

Pinball Magic presents a problem with mounting the ColorDMD as the CPU (at least on my game) is mounted to the backside of the DMD. ColorDMD was creative with mounting the Stern boards on the back of their LCD plate so there is hope. I very much want to color this game!

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

nerbflong, I see you have a couple of favorite games (Shadow and Pinball Magic) in your collection. Are those on your list to do next?

I can't wait for someone to do Shadow! I thought about tackling it myself, but I just don't have the time with my other mod projects, and I don't want to give them up. So just waiting for some kind soul to step up.

#61 9 years ago

I can't wait to see Monopoly in action at TPF.

PM would be awesome... but as was mentioned the layout of the capcom boards might be an issue... not a huge issue but with such a tiny number of capcom machines not sure if it would be worth it for them... but who knows, one can hope

#62 9 years ago

Another great mod for your Monopoly are these really cool Pinblades.
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!monopoly/c1w1r

#63 9 years ago

A few frame captures from the game.

Monopoly_Chance.PNGMonopoly_Chance.PNG Monopoly_CopStop.PNGMonopoly_CopStop.PNG Monopoly_CashGrab.PNGMonopoly_CashGrab.PNG Monopoly_Eleven.PNGMonopoly_Eleven.PNG
#64 9 years ago

That looks real good. There is something to be said for leaving it in dots.

When I owned Monoploy I did like the clips. The one when MB starts is what I want to see.

#65 9 years ago

ya monopoly had great dots... the colorization looks great

#66 9 years ago

Ha, those look great. Perfect fit for color. Of course what game doesn't look bette colorized?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, those look great. Perfect fit for color. Of course what game doesn't look bette colorized?

I think TZ in perfect Black and White. If TZ does get colorized I will give it a shot since it only takes a few seconds. But there is a good chance it will remain B&W.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If TZ does get colorized I will give it a shot since it only takes a few seconds. But there is a good chance it will remain B&W.

I'll take that bet.

#69 9 years ago

Can't wait to see the dice roll on that DMD.

#70 9 years ago

Those shots look great! Next weekend can't come fast enough. I have the option to buy it at TPF for a great price since I'm letting Randy use the machine in the color dmd row. I was on the fence to purchase it but now I am all in.

#71 9 years ago

Oh come on... if Monopoly can be done, you HAVE to do Austin Powers!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Oh come on... if Monopoly can be done, you HAVE to do Austin Powers!

with that Walking Dead LE canon

#73 9 years ago

Sooooo......who is doing the coloring for Getaway?

#74 9 years ago

Flintstones!

#75 9 years ago

Really? Before TZ? pffttt.

#76 9 years ago

where is the video?

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

where is the video?

I was hoping that would have been released today.

#78 9 years ago

Really? Before TZ? pffttt.

I was only tossing it out there :p
TZ definitely deserving and pulls rank

#79 9 years ago

And I'll toss Rocky and Bullwinkle out there. I think I'll be waiting on while on this one.

#80 9 years ago

And I'll toss rocky and bullwinkle out there. I think I'll be waiting on while on this one.

Same here. There's some great opportunities if ColorDMD can support full color Sega/DE version 3

#81 9 years ago

Anyone working on RBION want to chime in?

#82 9 years ago

Video Preview! Video demonstrates tile mode. Thanks to Dave and Chris for putting this together.

Also added to original post.

#83 9 years ago

That game looks good in tile mode.

#84 9 years ago

Looks great Dave!!! Some great dots on that game.

#85 9 years ago

Monopoly Bump…..
Looks good in Tile mode

#86 9 years ago

Dave Timmer did a great job on this machine...MY old machine that he now owns lol.

To help answer the question "Why Monopoly" you need to understand how hard the artists work on these projects, and that it's much easier to work on a machine in your own collection. Dave walked me through the entire process and I'll just say that's it's some next level s***. The number of hours put in start to finish is ridiculous. Well done, Dave!

#87 9 years ago

Love it! My display was ordered a couple of days ago.

#88 9 years ago

I'm still in love with tile...waiting to try DotXL.

#89 9 years ago

Looks great!

#90 9 years ago

That video is very impressive!!!

#91 9 years ago

haha Tim, you'll never get your machine back now that its been colored. And I even stayed in the lines for the most part.

And you flatter me. :0 ColorDMD has some very talented, dedicated people working for and with them!

#92 9 years ago

Someone mentioned Getaway. I think that would have much potential for nice coloring.

#93 9 years ago

It looks like Monopoly is up on colordmd web site.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

That video is very impressive!!!

The game is quite good too! Some VERY unique features.

#95 8 years ago

On display at TPF.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-rolls-out-game-19-and-its-monopoly/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.