3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Shijuro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Is the reflection on the playfield an issue with a ColorDMD display (I know it's pretty bright with the original amber)?

Has anyone using the ColorDMD tried the DMD Glare Eliminator (e.g. from Comet)? Would you recommend it or does it darken the display too much?

#2 3 years ago

I literally just put a new led colorDMD in my Ghostbusters an hour ago and put the comet glare eliminator on, looks great in my opinion and took care of any glare for sure.

#3 3 years ago

I recently installed a LED colordmd on my fish tales but without any anti glare and I find the reflection is much less present than the amber dmd. As it is now, I don't see any reason to add an anti glare. The score is now blue instead of bright orange and I can barely notice it unless I look for it.

#4 3 years ago

In my experience with ColorDMD LCD and glare on playfield glass is that it’s hardly noticeable compared to say a plasma orange display. And putting a glare eliminator in front of the ColorDMD didn’t look good for some reason too. But glare eliminator in front of an orange plasma display was a great improvement.

#5 3 years ago

I have the Comet glare guards, and they are great at completely removing the glare. I like them so much that I gave away my bent plastics.

#6 3 years ago

They also have brightness controls in the colordmd menu. I find that the glare is way less than compared to a normal orange dmd.

4 months later
    #7 3 years ago
    Quoted from gibsonrd:

They also have brightness controls in the colordmd menu. I find that the glare is way less than compared to a normal orange dmd.

I got a ColorDMD and I agree that it seems to have less glare than the normal orange DMD. No glare eliminator required (unless maybe you're filming where ANY reflection would be bad).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-reflection- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.