image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
smokin_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image-1_(resized).jpg
game_42_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I agree with this. I would be awesome if Randy could adapt his board to work with either the LCD or this option.

You would lose the other features like DOTXL and HI-RES. Plus you need an external power supply for the RGB DMD. This is probably outside the scope of ColorDMDs plans.

1 month later
#460 8 years ago

ColorDMDs next hint...

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

1 month later
#609 8 years ago

The colorist would have to make those changes for the new rom and colorDMD would have to upload the new rom. That's the only way. Perhaps if you email support and can tell them exactly where the frames are uncolored it will get done sooner than later.

Quoted from dnaman:

Hello All,
Is there going to be a Metallica 1.64 update? It bothers me that there are still yellow frames on my very expensive colorDMD upgrade ($$$ in Canadian dollars for this nicety).
If there is no plan then is there a way that I can create the missing frames? I apologize in advance for not surfing through the forums to see if customers have the ability or not so no unnecessary flames please, just curious how to get these frames colorized and move on.
Thank you.
~d

1 month later
#716 7 years ago

I was able to get the new LCD mounting bracket into the speaker panel without drilling holes. It is extremely tight but a bit of a wiggle and slight bending on the posts and bottom strip and it slides right down the 4 posts. I had to do everything in the instructions. Just take your time. 3 lower GI bulbs in the backbox are removed simply because the lcd panel will hit into them. There are over 30 GI bulbs in the backbox, you will never notice them missing.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Congrats! It's really not that bad. I think anyone who can work on and repair pinball machines can handle this install. Just know going into it, this will not be the typical 20-30 minute colorDMD install. I spent most of a Saturday afternoon on this. The results are well worth it!
Also, in the link above the guy mentions drilling new holes in the LCD mounting bracket. I found that I only needed to slide the display upwards by about 2-3mm, that is why I opted to just elongate the holes that were already there.

1 month later
#962 7 years ago

Yes, the graphics are the same as the previous rom, but the text was modified on those frames.

Quoted from Taxman:

Those sound like small fixes. But strange the way you word it with "partial" and "stripes". An unrecognized frame would cause the entire scene to be monochrome of the default color. It must recognize the frame but parts of it were moved.

2 months later
#1020 7 years ago

Wait what? Cactus Canyon is the next release? Where did you see this? Awesome news indeed!!!!

1 month later
#1047 7 years ago

Wow thats alot of conversions done! Impressive.

1 month later
#1079 7 years ago

3 clues, looks like we will find out tomorrow!

#1102 7 years ago

Tommy, DE: Star Wars and Guns n Roses are available on ColorDMD. I'm sure there are more titles coming.... don't worry they know DE games rock!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Why no love for Data East games ? Tommy the only completed game?
I do believe that someone had done that prior to Color DMD !
Tales from the Crypt has amazing graphics and seemingly there is a demand for Color. Would love to find out the process of how the choice is made of what game is to be honoured with Color !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
€ 17.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2016?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.