image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
smokin_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image-1_(resized).jpg
game_42_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 1,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
#201 8 years ago

Star Wars please!!

#202 8 years ago

I'll go with tspp then. Even though both machines will be around for a while the tspp is in better shape

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I'll go with tspp then. Even though both machines will be around for a while the tspp is in better shape

Add one of these http://shop.colordmd.com/cable-kit-for-wpc-wpc95/ to your order and you'll be able to try it out in DW also. That way you can hold off robbing banks for a little while longer

#204 8 years ago

Walking Dead please

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

You won't be disappointed.....night and day difference!!!.....mark

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Walking Dead please

Real zombie pin first TFTC.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TSPP looks awesome w colordmd!!!

And surprisingly, it looks best when set to dots mode IMO.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

old SM please! Those movie clips need some help like IM.

Plus it will make the new SMVE machine even more less value than what it's worth.

#209 8 years ago

My vote is for any Data East title as it gives the people waiting a little hope.

Ive been waiting for SW and JP as I've already converted DW, TAF and Getaway to colour.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

And surprisingly, it looks best when set to dots mode IMO.

I'm still a smoothie guy, but I get it.....

#211 8 years ago

Holding out hope for TFTC. Now that I've got one in my Fish Tales, I'm looking to give away more of my money to get another one.

#212 8 years ago

I hope that ColorDMD either offers an RGB LED DMD option or a software license to work with the kits. Just not a fan of the LCD.

As for the 400 cost I think it is fair. I put together 2 smart dmds. Cost was little over 200 a pop with my own labor and sourcing the cheapest parts possible. 400 is fine especially with the game being fully colorized.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I hope that ColorDMD either offers an RGB LED DMD option or a software license to work with the kits. Just not a fan of the LCD.
As for the 400 cost I think it is fair. I put together 2 smart dmds. Cost was little over 200 a pop with my own labor and sourcing the cheapest parts possible. 400 is fine especially with the game being fully colorized.

I agree with this. I would be awesome if Randy could adapt his board to work with either the LCD or this option.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I agree with this. I would be awesome if Randy could adapt his board to work with either the LCD or this option.

You would lose the other features like DOTXL and HI-RES. Plus you need an external power supply for the RGB DMD. This is probably outside the scope of ColorDMDs plans.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You would lose the other features like DOTXL and HI-RES. Plus you need an external power supply for the RGB DMD. This is probably outside the scope of ColorDMDs plans.

I know, just saying it would be cool to have the option.

#216 8 years ago

Personally I would just love to see a DMD sized LCD for ColorDMD, something I know Randy has looked into but the cost really would be prohibitive. I like that CDMD doesn't glare as much and I think RGBLED displays would have this issue just like any other DMD. I've been surprised at times just how much less glare comes from CDMD but it's all about how the light is produced at the surface.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Personally I would just love to see a DMD sized LCD for ColorDMD, something I know Randy has looked into but the cost really would be prohibitive. I like that CDMD doesn't glare as much and I think RGBLED displays would have this issue just like any other DMD. I've been surprised at times just how much less glare comes from CDMD but it's all about how the light is produced at the surface.

also viewing angle of the LCD doesn't reflect light downward as much as straight forward.

#218 8 years ago

The RGB LED screens are very cool. But honestly in person they're just not as clear as the ColorDMD. You sacrifice clarity for brightness. It's not a "wow this is definitely better" look, more of a "wow, this is bright and a cool and different look".

Support for them would be rad. But I don't think they're actually the killer app some people are making them out to be.

I'd try them out if I could though, don't get me wrong, just not sure I prefer them after seeing one.

#219 8 years ago

Wish list!

SW
R&B
WCS
WWFRR

MAKE ME POOR RANDY!!!

#220 8 years ago

It's been like three weeks since the last ColorDMD announcement. Starting to suffer withdrawal over here.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It's been like three weeks since the last ColorDMD announcement. Starting to suffer withdrawal over here.

Got used to them cranking them out

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I was thinking the same thing. We have become spoiled to the point I expect an announcement around twice a month.

#223 8 years ago

Don't worry - 2016 will still be awesome. Wouldn't make much sense to announce anything now when there are no displays in stock.

#224 8 years ago

How about Star Wars data east?

#225 8 years ago

Yes. Data east SW

#226 8 years ago

I have cash put away, just waiting for TWD... And then I'm going to pull the trigger until it goes CLICK.

#227 8 years ago

Sorry for the delay... boards were being programmed Friday and should hit final assembly and test tomorrow.

Waiting for some good news. Then we're going to try and make it rain.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Waiting for some good news. ....

Tron ?

#229 8 years ago

Sales would blow up if Tron, SM, and TZ were announced.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Sales would blow up if Tron, SM, and TZ were announced.

Please, please, please, please!!!.....and throw in FGY, WCS to complete taking all my money....

#231 8 years ago

Announce TWD and watch that supply dwindle back to zero.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Holding out hope for TFTC. Now that I've got one in my Fish Tales, I'm looking to give away more of my money to get another one.

This is where I am at. The Canadian dollar is such shit right now, but I would open my wallet for a TFTC. Just imagine all the gore in colour!

#233 8 years ago

Really?? Is this a tease for the Stern NFL pin color release?
Posted on ColorDMD FB last night

CDMD_latest_tease_(resized).jpgCDMD_latest_tease_(resized).jpg

#234 8 years ago

Just bought my ColorDMD from PlanetaryPinball.com this week, came in 2 days. They have stock right now, if you are buying direct from ColorDMD.com and live in California you get taxed.. through Planetary Pinball there was no tax and plenty of inventory.. just an FYI

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Is the good news a deal to supply Stern with ColorDMDs for Ghostbusters?

#236 8 years ago

thanks KPG, i just ordered mine.

#237 8 years ago

ColorDMD teaser 2 for Feb 1.
Battlezone. Could this finally be Tron?

CDMD_teaser_22_(resized).jpgCDMD_teaser_22_(resized).jpg

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Sorry for the delay... boards were being programmed Friday and should hit final assembly and test tomorrow.

Must be multiple releases this time.

#239 8 years ago

End Zone
Battlezone
Now danger zone.

danger_zone_(resized).jpgdanger_zone_(resized).jpg

#240 8 years ago

Really guys? First clue was Archer in his Top Gun outfit....."DangerZone"!!

Second was a guy catching a touchdown in the "End Zone"

Third one is a guy playing "BattleZone"....

I sense a pattern.....

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I sense a pattern

Is that your Spidey senses telling you that it is TZ ?
TZ will take my money.

#242 8 years ago

I hope Tron comes out soon simply so I don't need to see anymore posts in this thread about it.

Every clue has "Zone" in it. I say TZ is next.

#243 8 years ago

Yup, it's TZ 100%.

#244 8 years ago

Nope... Party Zone.

#245 8 years ago

Going to see this in color soon

tz_upscale_(resized).pngtz_upscale_(resized).png

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Some of us hate the DOTXL and HI-Res. LCDs also have their drawbacks. The form factor, black levels, viewing angles, etc.

External power supply? Color DMD needs one already depending on the game. Widebodies don't like the extra power drain and tend to blow fuses.

#247 8 years ago

I disagee, unless you are running other mods. I own 14 ColorDMDs. Been buying since the first for AFM. Never need an external supply for the ColorDMD. I have 2 Widebodies that were colored IJ and TZ.

The only fuse I had blow was in Creech and it was for the 12v line. And it was fine with just the ColorDMD. But when I added the Mike D Creech Holo replacement it had to run an LCD monitor off the 12v also.

#248 8 years ago

i saw the 3rd clue first & genuinely thought it was Maverick...

But now i can clearly see my mistake...

Now i want TZ back again.

#249 8 years ago

I really hope its TZ. I hope even more it looks better than my colordmd in TZ in black and white. (looks sweet)

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I really hopes its TZ. I hope even more it looks better then my colordmd in TZ in black and white. (looks sweet)

Easy fixed. If you don't like the color, change back to B/W. Thats what I will be doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 17.50
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 45.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 1,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2016/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.