I would like to personally thank Randy Perlow for the quick response and solution to this issue with Tommy. In a matter of hours he diagnosed the problem and sent me another version of the code which worked great!
Installing this into Tommy was no simple matter. I wish I had taken pics of the install but I did not. You need to be handy with a Dremmel and have a variety of bits to make this work. Apparently Tommy can have either a wooden or a plastic speaker panel. Mine has the plastic speaker panel. I followed the instructions from a few posts above. Here are my notes to get a good clean install.
1. Dremmel out the large portion at the top as shown in the instructions.
2. You do not have to cut off the fifth mounting screw. It will simply unscrew from the plastic.
3. You must elongate the four mounting holes in the metal LCD bracket. Without doing this you cannot get the LCD screen to drop down past the plastic frame at the bottom.
4. You can just re-use the four large white plastic washers, rather than use the 1/4 inch plastic spacers that come with the DMD. This will get the LCD screen a mm or two closer to the plastic screen.
5. If you follow these details you can get the LCD screen just as close to the window as the original DMD was. I would say it is less than 1/2 inch away from the window.
6. You will have to remove 3 of the GI bulbs in the backbox light board, otherwise there is not enough clearance to re-install the speaker panel with the taller LCD display.
Just an FYI, this was nothing like my previous four installs which were AFM, LOTR, Met, and Tron. But it was well worth the effort because this display is fantastic! The colors are very bright. I really like the blue shades during the skillshot and video mode. I love details like the Christmas mode being done mostly in Red/Green. The blue/white on the Data East logo during attract mode is sweet. I only have this one pic to share.