image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
smokin_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image-1_(resized).jpg
game_42_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 1,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Going to test the company here:
Out of morbid curiously.....would ColorDMD work on this in Sigma mode? It was made in the changeover year of 2006, so it's either a Whitestar or SAM.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blasphemy

It's whitestar, so the only question would be is there enough room to mount a display.

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's whitestar, so the only question would be is there enough room to mount a display.

With the RGB LED display, that should not be an issue.

#553 8 years ago

Someone has to be the first person to do this!

#554 8 years ago

I bet the Sigma would even work right now in Slugfest. That would be cool to have it in full color. Obviously because of mounting issues, this one also would have to be a RGB LED display.

#555 8 years ago

Sigma is one color, not full color, and the alternate display options (DotsXL, HD, Scan, Tile, 8-bit).

The RGB display 'in sigma mode' would just be one color.

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sigma is one color, not full color, and the alternate display options (DotsXL, HD, Scan, Tile, 8-bit).
The RGB display 'in sigma mode' would just be one color.

Yep. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I'm guessing my 2 thoughts together on Slugfest may had you thinking I believe that Sigma is full color. I know that not to be true.

I do have a Stern Indy and Indianapolis 500 with a Sigma display installed. Waiting on full colorization someday for these.

#557 8 years ago

I guess I should have said, it would be cool to even see Slugfest colorized one day.

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

NBA Fastbreak would be nice!

Yes!

#559 8 years ago

Any plans for a Shaq Attaq DMD?

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Any plans for a Shaq Attaq DMD?

Popeye got colorized - anything is possible

#561 8 years ago

How about Roller Coaster Tycoon and Shrek. If anything is possible.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Popeye got colorized - anything is possible

I resemble that remark.

#563 8 years ago

Family Guy!

Dots don't look too difficult either.

#564 8 years ago

Now with the new RGB LED display, I'm calling for Pinball Magic to get colorized. Any takers?

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Now with the new RGB LED display, I'm calling for Pinball Magic to get colorized. Any takers?

I very much want to color Pinball Magic!!

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I very much want to color Pinball Magic!!

Giddy up! Based on your other work, you would amaze me with this one.
Make sure you use a lot of purple.

#567 8 years ago

Giddy up! Based on your other work, you would amaze me with this one.
Make sure you use a lot of purple.

Glad you like my other stuff! PM is a favorite game and yes, I see many shades of purple!

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Glad you like my other stuff! PM is a favorite game and yes, I see many shades of purple!

I wouldn't mind at all if you were to do Rocky and Bullwinkle while you wait to do PM.

#569 8 years ago

Please!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#570 8 years ago

I wouldn't mind at all if you were to do Rocky and Bullwinkle while you wait to do PM.

Sadly, I don't have that game nor do I know anyone close with one either

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I'm sure someone else will work on it.

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I do. I'll be happy to beta test for you.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm sure someone else will work on it.

Or is. You never know, a lot of great projects going on all the time!

#574 8 years ago

Star Wars DE is on my wishlist to be done.

Colourised Yoda, CP30 and other dots would be fantastic

#575 8 years ago

Is a BSD (Dracula) ColorDMD on the cards, or does the red filter prevent it? Some of the DotMation animations on BSD are impressive.

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

or does the red filter prevent it?

I Had wrong info...see below post for correct

#577 8 years ago

The red filter for BSD is screened onto the original speaker panel plastic and can't be removed. Classic Arcades has produced a repro with a clear window. It would make it possible to support, albeit with the added cost of the new plastic.

#578 8 years ago

I always wondered if Spiderman would be possible because it uses 'clips' from the actual movie, can that be colorized without the clips looking cartoony?

I assume if it could, it would have already been done.......right? Or is there still hope?

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I always wondered if Spiderman would be possible because it uses 'clips' from the actual movie, can that be colorized without the clips looking cartoony?
I assume if it could, it would have already been done.......right? Or is there still hope?

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

This was my initial fear as well, then IM came out and impressed me.

#581 8 years ago

If there is enough interest, I can offer a complete panel with all hardware in a reproduction clear panel also. This will eliminate trying to peel off the old plastic. Again, if there is enough interest. Thanks.

#582 8 years ago

No way!!! So there is hope!, ive never seen an im or tron dots believe it or not, didnt know thry used clips.

So when does spidey get released!? Wooohoo!

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

So when does spidey get released!? Wooohoo!

Right after TWD

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

So there is hope!

I would have bet money there'd never be a ColorDMD in CV - and I saw it at TPF and wept It's so awesome!

There is always 'hope' - heck, they colored that other Pirate themed pin - Popeye

#585 8 years ago

Which is right after Star Trek.

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

If there is enough interest, I can offer a complete panel with all hardware in a reproduction clear panel also. This will eliminate trying to peel off the old plastic. Again, if there is enough interest. Thanks.

Can you make other plastic speaker panels?

#587 8 years ago

Agreed! That would be the ideal 1,2 punch for me, TWD & SM.... 2 amazing games that deserve the CDMD treatment!!!

#588 8 years ago

i want Ghostbusters as soon as possible

#589 8 years ago

Gilligan's Island and Hurricane please!

#590 8 years ago

Hello,

Have any of you seen or experienced this before? On the right side of the picture you can clearly see how one letter has 2 colors. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix this? This is from my Getaway by the way. Thanks!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello,
Have any of you seen or experienced this before? On the right side of the picture you can clearly see how one letter has 2 colors. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix this? This is from my Getaway by the way. Thanks!

image_(resized).jpeg

This is not you or anything wrong. The operator settings screens are rarely colored. So this is just a mask acting funny. Most of the time these get left a default color since it is not "game play" screens.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This is not you or anything wrong. The operator settings screens are rarely colored. So this is just a mask acting funny. Most of the time these get left a default color since it is not "game play" screens.

Oh ok, so basically on the operator screen this is normal right? I got worried because its just that letter and that letter has 2 different colors. Its just odd and weird. What do you mean by "mask acting funny?" What is a mask? Thank you for your response!

#593 8 years ago

a "mask" is how the colorDMD team colors the frames.

they identify the sections of the dmd screen to "overlay" color as they capture the frame contents, re-color it per the masked areas and then pass the newly colored frame to the display

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

a "mask" is how the colorDMD team colors the frames.
they identify the sections of the dmd screen to "overlay" color as they capture the frame contents, re-color it per the masked areas and then pass the newly colored frame to the display

So a mask acting "funny", does that mean soemthing is wrong with it? Its a brand new dmd, its been on the machine for a couple of months and I don't play it that often. What do you think? Thanks!

#595 8 years ago

Shoot your photo over to Randy at Color DMD. He's *extremely* responsive on support.

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Shoot your photo over to Randy at Color DMD. He's *extremely* responsive on support.

Already did on Saturday, no response yet

#597 8 years ago

I think Randy is on vacation right now, so he may not get right back to you.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think Randy is on vacation right now, so he may not get right back to you.

Oh ok, nice of you to let me know. Thanks!

#599 8 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. No cause for concern. The display appears to be fine.

The ColorDMD operates by recognizing frame patterns and doing a color lookup. That particular frame appears to be getting detected as a match to another one that was stored in the ROM.

Most likely, the frame that is being detected has a yellow number in the upper right corner which is why that area shows up as a different color.

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello,

image_(resized).jpeg

How do you get the lights under the DMD to work? When I had ColorDMD installed on HS2, the chap said the mod for lights underneath had to be removed as they didn't fit with the large LCD. I was thinking the LED smaller display would work later, but you seem to have the LCD color display working now??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 132.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2016/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.