Topic Stats

• 1,119 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Whitewater
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15400409_1480165835345734_4310947282072644306_n (resized).jpg
Congo (resized).png
20161012_185418 (resized).jpg
CDMD orders (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
Sigma Stern IJ (resized).png
Sigma Indy 500 (resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
smokin_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image-1_(resized).jpg
game_42_(resized).png
pasted_image_(resized).png

There are 1119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 3 years ago

What are the ColorDMD Plans for 2016 ?

Tron ?

#3 3 years ago

Ripleys would be nice.

#5 3 years ago

Was TZ promised in 2015?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Was TZ promised in 2015?

i think it was on the radar

#8 3 years ago

Nothing was "promised" in 2015, they just listed some things they were planning on working on. Games take as long as they take to get colored, which is why they didn't give any specific dates.

#9 3 years ago

Man, 2015 has been a great year for ColorDMD releases

#11 3 years ago

Spiderman!!!!!!!!

#12 3 years ago

a little subliminal suggestion..........

ahint_(resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

a little subliminal suggestion..........

ahint_(resized).jpg

tron ?

#14 3 years ago

Top 3 have to be
Tz
Tron
Spiderman

#16 3 years ago

The steady releases every few weeks in 2015 was awesome. Hope to see that continue in 2016. Really hoping for a Data East game to get colored in 2016 (TFTC please). Other than that Indianapolis 500, Congo & TWD are titles I hope to see colored in 2016.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

What are the ColorDMD Plans for 2016 ?

I'm sure the awesome will continue. Enjoy the ride.

#18 3 years ago

I called to ask about stock at a distributor and they said i might be better waiting as there could be a new hardware revision coming. From what I can see, last revision was ~18 months ago. I was kind of hoping for a move to higher refresh (120hz) or eventually VA anyway. Anyone know anything?

P.S. May buy popeye anyway as it looks so good compared with many of the others.

#19 3 years ago

Transformers! We all want bumblebee to be yellow!!!!

#20 3 years ago

Still holding out hope they conquer Twilight Zone soon. Must be really tricky for them. I am sure they will nail it when it is all said and done...

#22 3 years ago

Another vote for TWD!

I'll even be a beta tester .

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

Still holding out hope they conquer Twilight Zone soon. Must be really tricky for them. I am sure they will nail it when it is all said and done...

What would be tricky about TZ?
Seems pretty straight forward and should have been right after Addams Family years ago.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Seems pretty straight forward and should have been right after Addams Family years ago.

This has been touched on a lot. It's not straight forward. Lots of things can interrupt other things, which makes detection tricky and there are other complications as well.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This has been touched on a lot. It's not straight forward. Lots of things can interrupt other things, which makes detection tricky and there are other complications as well.

Quoted from Arcade:

Might it need an external power supply?

#27 3 years ago

BSD BSD BSD yup that's three votes

#28 3 years ago

Hoping for
TZ
and the new sterns.....

#29 3 years ago

I just like what they have done already

If my DMD collection, two they cannot do, and three they have not done

My bank account needs to recover

#30 3 years ago

Is there any issues to stop a Data East machine being fitted with a colour DMD (speaker placement or DMD location)?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Thanks, and I'm sure you are correct.
But I am still wondering what "Things can interrupt other things" and what "other complications"
Sorry that I missed all the other times it was touched on.

#32 3 years ago

I heard they were working on congo.

#33 3 years ago

I agree, Transformers!

#34 3 years ago

Transformers

TWD

Safecracker!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks, and I'm sure you are correct.
But I am still wondering what "Things can interrupt other things" and what "other complications"
Sorry that I missed all the other times it was touched on.

I'm not really sure how much detail I should get into, as it's not my project. But in general terms, there are a good number of things in TZ that can happen during other things (on the display) which makes identifying those items, to apply color, tricky. There are other things that make the title problematic, but again, not my project so I'm not sure how much I should really try to get into it.

Can we leave it with "It's complicated" (Copyright - Facebook) and that's good enough? It's being worked on. It will, most likely, eventually get wrangled into submission.

#36 3 years ago

I would like to see a price reduction in their plans for 2016.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not really sure how much detail I should get into, as it's not my project. But in general terms, there are a good number of things in TZ that can happen during other things (on the display) which makes identifying those items, to apply color, tricky. There are other things that make the title problematic, but again, not my project so I'm not sure how much I should really try to get into it.
Can we leave it with "It's complicated" (Copyright - Facebook) and that's good enough? It's being worked on. It will, most likely, eventually get wrangled into submission.

ColorDMD is hard

#38 3 years ago

As epthegeek is saying, the work is largely problem solving to scan for determined frames, events, etc. with some games lots of layers Come into play, randomness etc that requires sometimes both increasing levels of problem solving and possibly hardware exoansion

#39 3 years ago

Big Buck Hunter, Safe Cracker, and Star Trek please.

Oh, and Game of Thrones once the Spike system can sustain it.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big Buck Hunter, Safe Cracker, and Star Trek please.
Oh, and Game of Thrones once the Spike system can sustain it.

That is a very tall order, Sir.

#42 3 years ago

KISS for sure but I know there's more deserving pins ahead of it.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

KISS for sure but I know there's more deserving pins ahead of it.

...like Tron

#44 3 years ago

I'd love to see them do Tron although I don't think it would "pop" like some of the other colour releases . The scenes from the movie included in the display were mostly dark with shades of white , blue , orange .

If they do Tron then it may be time for me to do all my LE's ( Tron is the only one they haven't done ) . I've deliberately held off getting ColourDMD for the others until it's available for all of them . If they do Tron then I'd be up for 5 displays in one hit and the way our dollar is against yours at the moment ... ouch !!

#45 3 years ago

bsd would be awesome

#46 3 years ago
#47 3 years ago

Selfishly I'd love Kiss but the code is way early.

Realistically, I'd expect TF, Tron, TWD, TZ, or another game that starts with T.

#48 3 years ago

Star Wars - Data East

#50 3 years ago
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
There are 1119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside