tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Honestly why would they change it? People will still buy it with or without a colorDMD

I don't think so anymore. Stern is gonna feel the pressure soon enough.

Gross profit glory days are running out.

#48 9 years ago

Will these TZ and ST ColorDmd graphics be downloadable to present sigma ColorDmd?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I for one really don't give a rats ass if Stern stays with the single color, they would just have to add $300-$400 to a game so we could have colored dots and then the bitching would REALLY start. I really believe that with Color DMD doing it it would be a sooooo much better addition to the game then if Stern were to do it. Color DMD is MUCH better at communicating with us and listening to what we have to say and want then Stern ever has. So let Stern keep giving us the red dots then we can give our money to Color DMD, a better company who has a better product and really cares about us and what WE want. I just wish Color DMD was a bigger company so we could get more games colorized faster and maybe just maybe knock the price down a little.

Agreed. Love ColorDmd, but @ 4 bills a whack, PLUS having to buy newer Stern backbox mounting stuff for another $25, well, a bit pricey. A whole lotta bit!

But great product, glad to support them when I can.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

To clarify how we organize things, we have two tracks for development.
The first track I'll call "core" (for lack of a better term)... these are titles that are driven for business reasons (or the fact that Chris or I own them). These are the specific titles that I mentioned in the original post. This is our core focus for internal development and we have a higher level of confidence that they will be completed (mainly because Chris or I own them). These projects are handled by us directly, or by an experienced developer.
The second track we can call "developer". These are titles that may not be the highest priority for the company (read... we don't own them), but are driven by a developer with our support. We have less direct control or certainty over whether these projects will ultimately be completed.
Some of the titles being dsicussed may be core projects from 2014 that we haven't announced yet, or developer projects. We can't tell you everything.

But if we already bought colordmd's for these titles can the colored version be added to these?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

TFTC would be awesome!
TWD too! Love me some colorized gore! Right Ted???

Aww hell yeah.

6 months later
#551 8 years ago

I may just pick up a colordmd for my tfle. Gotta be light years better than the red stern LED display! Even in just one color.

A ton of movie animations though. Anyone tried a colordmd in a TF yet?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#564 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

South Park was released in July. We're still working hard. There are another two games that are getting close to complete.

Oh you tease.

#576 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

A little birdie told me the next one up is Shaq Attaq.

I will shoot that bird.

#597 8 years ago

Cmon! It's obviously the washing dead.

Uhm, shaking hands.

Doy.

Or its Jaws. No. Wait.

#601 8 years ago

MAYTAG, the pin!

Shaking han... I....suck at this.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Can ColorDMD colorize the machines that have ripped video images (like spiderman)?

Yes. This.^^^

I'm wondering if it will improve my TF pin graphics

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, Sigma improved the video clips on my Stern Indiana Jones.

Thank you. My biggest concern was $400 washed out graphics.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#648 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They'd actually be pretty awful choices, sorry to say for the fans. Hand coloring movie clips instead of hand drawn art sounds like an absolutely mind numbing experience. Huge sea of smeary, constantly shifting dots, with little rhyme or reason to transitions and borders and areas of solid color? The same things that make them hard to watch on an LED DMD are what would make them such a pain to work with.

I can absolutely see that. I guess if nothing else the higher def of colordmd could enhance those video clips.

Anyone got video of colordmd in action on these movie shots?

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am not saying that it is not different. I am saying it does a sort of analytical recognition and then applies something. The general concept could be used to do video replacement with the appropriate hardware design and software. For video replacement the DMD clip would only need to be identified and substituted with movie clips, rather than the excruciating pixel by pixel replacement.

I'm in agreement here. Just cut out the low Rez movie clips and tack in exact same colored clips. Colordmd is a computer after all.

#681 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Incorrect. Look at his patent information. He's basically checksumming frames and if matched applying colors to the individual dots.
He has no SRAM (as I recall); so he wouldn't be able to magically "transform" a static frame into moving video.
There really isn't a clean way to do this technically; with the exception of redesigning the entire DMD controller.

Zitt, stop pooping on the party and come up with a solution man!

You're one of the bigger nerds here, I'm just good for looks and popularity. It's a curse.

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Swapping in high def video is really a non starter. It could be done with a PROC/FAST style system, but it would be completely redoing the rules from scratch. And then you run into the big IP problems. One is distributing the video. The other is all the sounds etc from the game. Stern will shut that down ASAP.
Assuming you could avoid that, and somehow run a middle system at run time it would still require a separate computer module of some form to output the video, and you'd still be hosed when it came to the video. There's no fair use exception for this, you can't do it.
Stern shut me down just for using ACDC's font. I could have fought it, I didn't use their actual logo, and you can't copyright a font. But it was a grey area, and I wasn't interested in getting into a legal case. You think they wouldn't lean on someone doing that with Iron Man and Spider-Man? Especially with this VE Spider-Man coming with new animations that will compete against it? (That's basically confirmed at this point.)
So you have a big project, lots of work, lots of expense, and it's guaranteed to generate a cease and desist. It's just a non starter. You could tackle it as a personal project, but it's basically impossible to be commercially viable.
There's honestly no point in even discussing it, it will never happen. ColorDMD is your only option, and it's just about what people are willing to color.

Geez.

Ok. Gawd. I'll just settle for single color hi def colordmd. And Aliens LCD. When that's ready.

3 months later
#1121 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

TWD please!!!
Yeah, I know, the odds are definitely against me, but one can hope !

No. TWD is a best seller. Also TZ. I'm sure Colordmd is busy getting ready for another B title release.

I keed, I keed. *

*not really!!

2 weeks later
#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How did the shot of Hulk from Avengers that got posted on the ColorDMD Facebook page NOT generate any pinside buzz in 10 hours?
12373225_1180545218641132_1841092280020929722_n.png

Lots sold their Avengers I'm guessing. Not a strong Stern title imo.

I played it, blech was my opinion. But I'm glad for all those who held out and got a colorized dmd.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yep. Also waiting on color for Stern Indiana Jones and Indianapolis 500 which are loaded with Sigma displays now.

Any video of Stern IJ? I like the movie clips and always wondered how they'd hold up on a sigma display.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
8,100 (OBO)
$ 45.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.