tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

spiderman would be better left to someone who wants to rip the exact same clips and use them in hd on a color display. Who does that no idea but thats what would look the best.

You couldn't rip video segments and include it in the stern game.

You could rewrite the game from scratch with an HD framework and a p-roc/p3roc or another boardset with their toolkit.

#665 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If there was a way to take advantage of the LCD display to just play the same video clips in the game in their original HD (or even SD) resolution/colors along with the accompanying pinball specific overlay graphics, would that infringe on IP? After all, the game content would be unchanged only the display resolution/color would change.

I am not talking about IP. I'm saying technically its not possible to add HD or SD video clips in color to a stern SAM rom. The resolution is fixed at low res 128x32.

If you want to retain the SD or HD resolution of video you need to recreate the game in a different framework.

#668 8 years ago

Sorry this has nothing to do with the ColorDMD plans and I apologize for steering the conversation off topic, but it would be interesting to continue discussion in a new topic.

To get back on topic. Come on ColorDMD lets see XMEN released! I would love to see those cool animations in color.

4 weeks later
#790 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm not getting my hopes up, but that would be awesome! I don't have the spare brain cycles to try to figure these clues out any more.

I agree that would be awesome, but I thought it was dismissed as having too many video captures that would be difficult to colorize. If TRON is next WOW, color me impressed! Can't wait!!!

3 weeks later
#835 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's actually a good idea, I guess I was just being a cheapskate to save $120. I'm still waiting on my royalty check from Herg for constantly plugging his LED OCD board.

.... save $120? I thought all colordmds were the same price ($399) plus shipping?

1 month later
#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Now I cant wait for Jurassic Park and Terminator 2!!!!!

Can colorDMD work with Data East? Sorry if this was mentioned already but JP and TOMMY would be cool! Are there any DE projects in the queue?

#1041 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Yes they work and people have already put them in. You have to file down part of the panel to make it fit.

Ahh, just searched out a video with someone that installed it in their TOMMY and the modification needed to the panel, thanks! Looks like they run in sigma mode for now, so there's hope!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 24.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.