tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Definitely worth a sacrifice.

#252 9 years ago

The way I look at it, you either buy it now and enjoy the choice of color and upscaling modes in the meantime, or you buy it later and don't get those benefits now. Barring the Canadian dollar bouncing back, you end up paying the same amount either way.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The way I look at it, you either buy it now and enjoy the choice of color and upscaling modes in the meantime, or you buy it later and don't get those benefits now. Barring the Canadian dollar bouncing back, you end up paying the same amount either way.

This is sound logic and on a game like Tron where I know it is being coloured I would have no issue picking it up now (which I'm going to do for Tron because I know it's being coloured). But on a game like Xmen which hasn't been announced or even spoken about by ColorDMD, they might never colour it and the above logic wouldn't apply.

#254 9 years ago

It might be a bad assumption on my part, but I can' t imagine XMen won't get the color treatment somewhat soon. According to the earlier post, there are 6 SAM games in progress, and that doesn't include ACDC since it's already done. Maybe it's not one of those 6, but I would think it would be high on the list after those.

Still, it's your call.

#255 9 years ago

This most interesting tidbit from the most recent by ColorDMD here, to me, is that 3 DE/Sega games are in development. If Baywatch happens to be one of those I can pretty much consider my life complete.

MAKE IT SO COLORDMD

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This is sound logic and on a game like Tron where I know it is being coloured I would have no issue picking it up now (which I'm going to do for Tron because I know it's being coloured). But on a game like Xmen which hasn't been announced or even spoken about by ColorDMD, they might never colour it and the above logic wouldn't apply.

Then buy one now and put it in Dr Who, which has the color ROM released.
Though the Bally/Williams games will have a different power cable than that for Stern.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It might be a bad assumption on my part, but I can' t imagine XMen won't get the color treatment somewhat soon. According to the earlier post, there are 6 SAM games in progress, and that doesn't include ACDC since it's already done. Maybe it's not one of those 6, but I would think it would be high on the list after those.
Still, it's your call.

Yes, XMen has great dots. Would be a shame if it was never colorized. Just have to be patient.

#258 9 years ago

Not to mention, ColorDMD did surprise us with Judge Dredd, Johnny Mnemonic and Monopoly recently.
It just comes down to any one of the people outside of ColorDMD coloring a game that is in his/her own collection. I have no doubt that every DMD game will get done eventually. Just how good will the short videos in games like Tron look like when they are done. That is the question.

#259 9 years ago

Just how good will the short videos in games like Tron look like when they are done. That is the question.

I wouldn't mind if ColorDMD created new dots of their own to replace those movie clip dots. Quorra looks terrible.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

There are currently 15 titles in active development, and a handful more that we have been approached about but not yet started. In most cases, we can't predict when/if these will complete and intentionally avoid identifying them and raising expectations.
At the beginning of the year, we identified five titles that are a focus for 2015... ACDC, MET, TRON, ST, and TZ. Each of these games pose unique challenges, with no assurance that they could/will be completed.
At this time, ACDC is complete. MET, TRON, and ST are in progress with experienced developers, and work on TZ will begin later this year.
Of the 15 titles, 9 are Stern games (6 SAM), 3 are Bally/Williams, and 3 are DE/SEGA.

I realize you cant answer this, but should I have any shred of hope I may someday see NGG colored Only 3 B/W one being TZ doesnt sound like great odds.

#261 9 years ago

Also waiting for NGG

#262 9 years ago

Dear Santa,

Please colourise Congo, Shadow, Spiderman, Tron & Twilight Zone.

Thanks.

#263 9 years ago

Do you have any updated video of the Metallica ColorDMD images?

#264 9 years ago

As soon as the rom for Metallica is released, I'd be willing to bet Sigma displays will be on back-order. I mean, look at all the people that have ALREADY bought them just waiting for the rom file to be released....

FWIW, I do not have a ColorDMD installed and waiting. I'd hate to pop $400 and find out some delay has occurred, and we won't see the Metallica rom for like 6 months to a year.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

This most interesting tidbit from the most recent by ColorDMD here, to me, is that 3 DE/Sega games are in development. If Baywatch happens to be one of those I can pretty much consider my life complete.
MAKE IT SO COLORDMD

Baywatch has the huge DMD that's not supported, doesn't it?

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It does, but perhaps they found a work around? Its not like the screen they use isn't big enough. (At least it appears big enough.)

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As soon as the rom for Metallica is released, I'd be willing to bet Sigma displays will be on back-order. I mean, look at all the people that have ALREADY bought them just waiting for the rom file to be released....
FWIW, I do not have a ColorDMD installed and waiting. I'd hate to pop $400 and find out some delay has occurred, and we won't see the Metallica rom for like 6 months to a year.

Then buy a Sigma display now and put it in AC/DC while you wait on Metallica since that color ROM is already available. You can move it over later.

#269 9 years ago

Then buy a Sigma display now and put it in AC/DC while you wait on Metallica since that color ROM is already available. You can move it over later.

Already have ColorDMDs in both ACDC and JM ): ...

1st world problems.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Already have ColorDMDs in both ACDC and JM ): ...
1st world problems.

Then I wouldn't wait to get one for Metallica. You can enjoy the Sigma in it now. You have all the same options for displaying dots, DotsXL, Hi Res, Scan, tiles, etc...and you get to choose the single color. ColorDMD definitely announced it is coming. When they do that, I don't recall it ever taking more than a month to release the color file. Sounds obvious you have the money sit aside for it. Just take the plunge.

#271 9 years ago

Oh, I bet that will be awhile yet.

#272 9 years ago

I really hope x-men gets the nod soon. Like tspp the dots lend themselves perfectly for the color treatment. Another perfect opportunity for the guys at colordmd to showcase their product... Hint hint

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I really hope x-men gets the nod soon. Like tspp the dots lend themselves perfectly for the color treatment. Another perfect opportunity for the guys at colordmd to showcase their product... Hint hint

Yes I hope they do Xmen too. But no mention of it yet from ColorDMD so we will have to wait and see.

#274 9 years ago

Yes I hope they do Xmen too. But no mention of it yet from ColorDMD so we will have to wait and see.

Could be one of those surprise games like JM, Monopoly and JD.

#275 9 years ago

Could be one of those surprise games like JM, Monopoly and JD.

Fingers crossed

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Metallica looks great in the HD smoothing on sigma, so even without color, it's still an upgrade.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Metallica looks great in the HD smoothing on sigma, so even without color, it's still an upgrade.

Ditto. Same for X-Men.

#278 9 years ago

If you want a ColorDMD for Metallica, I'd say about now is the time to order. This just popped up on their page....

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

As soon as the rom for Metallica is released, I'd be willing to bet Sigma displays will be on back-order.

I was thinking the same thing. I ordered 2 on Sunday...

#280 9 years ago

Why don't color dmd make a vote for your next color dmd pin in their website ...my vote goes for champion pub and tz

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you want a ColorDMD for Metallica, I'd say about now is the time to order. This just popped up on their page....
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-metallica-pinball-machine/

Thanks for that. Ordered.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Why don't color dmd make a vote for your next color dmd pin in their website ...my vote goes for Champion Pub and tz

As Randy has said, it's because either Chris or himself has to own the game or they have to have an independent developer who wants to do it and owns the game.

Jaz

#283 9 years ago

I'm really curious to see somethig with Iron Man, I know the source sucks, but it's my favorite game and if I was able to make out anythig on the DMD it would be a plus, currently the DMD images are abismal.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm really curious to see somethig with Iron Man, I know the source sucks, but it's my favorite game and if I was able to make out anythig on the DMD it would be a plus, currently the DMD images are abismal.

If anybody wants to do up a flowchart of exactly how the rules (and sound calls) in IM work with all the details regarding points, what precludes what, what can stack on what, etc -- I might eventually have a very expensive option for you. It's getting the re-creation all 100% correct that is holding me back at this point.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Baywatch is one of the four Jumbo DMD games, yes. I wasn't aware they weren't a possibility for ColorDMD. Have they said that explicitly? Not doubting, just curious.

If they weren't supported I think it'd be a shame. Frankenstein, Baywatch and Batman Forever all have outstanding dots, not just because of their size.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If anybody wants to do up a flowchart of exactly how the rules (and sound calls) in IM work with all the details regarding points, what precludes what, what can stack on what, etc -- I might eventually have a very expensive option for you. It's getting the re-creation all 100% correct that is holding me back at this point.

How expensive?

#287 9 years ago

Standard PROC setup expensive. There's that whole lack of right to distribute that would be a problem too, though.

#288 9 years ago

Hoping for Family Guy

#289 9 years ago

Finally ordered one of these for my TZ that I'm going all out with. Worst case scenario I use it in Sigma mode, or just throw it in my STTNG. I'm sure once I decide it's nice I'll get one for STTNG anyway.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Finally ordered one of these for my TZ that I'm going all out with. Worst case scenario I use it in Sigma mode, or just throw it in my STTNG. I'm sure once I decide it's nice I'll get one for STTNG anyway.

Slippery slope. I haven't ordered ColorDMDs for my games that don't support them in advance, but after getting my JD in color, I will buy a screen for every pin I own as they become available. It is just a cosmetic change, but it sure is hard going back to orange and black.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Slippery slope. I haven't ordered ColorDMDs for my games that don't support them in advance, but after getting my JD in color, I will buy a screen for every pin I own as they become available. It is just a cosmetic change, but it sure is hard going back to orange and black.

I'm finishing up my garage so I can fit more games. I'm spending way too much making my TZ nice, but going back to my other games and putting crap like $300 sheets of glass, $400 displays, $150-300 LED OCD boards, upgrading speakers and whatnot... It sure gets in the way of budget for filling up that garage.

#292 9 years ago

Glass at least you can keep easily, if/when you sell a game. DMDs can be restored as well. Not worth doing for the LED or OCD upgrades..

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Not worth doing for the LED or OCD upgrades..

Disagree, LED OCD is awesome! Totally worth it.

At the end of the day of course you have to decided what you care about, but I put one in my Tron to complete the light show and it makes me happy every time I watch the inserts bloom and fade properly.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Disagree, LED OCD is awesome! Totally worth it.
At the end of the day of course you have to decided what you care about, but I put one in my Tron to complete the light show and it makes me happy every time I watch the inserts bloom and fade properly.

I think he was saying it's not worth the work to take LEDs or LED OCD boards back out if you sell the game.

#295 9 years ago

If someone didn't want to pay $150 extra for an LED OCD board I'd certainly take that sucker out. Those things are always out of stock when I want them, I know I'm going to use it again, and it's just a few cables to pop out of the backbox. Best mod there is (pending me having a real ColorDMD ).

#296 9 years ago

Same here. I would instantly buy a Color DMD for my XMEN LE. I bet it would look great due to the games comic theme.

Please make it so ColorDMD

#297 9 years ago

Yes I hope they do Xmen

yep, any game with cartoony DMD dots is going to look great! Xmen, Avengers, POTC and ST would all look fantastic.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think he was saying it's not worth the work to take LEDs or LED OCD boards back out if you sell the game.

Oh derp, yeah, I think you're right. Hmm, LEDs no, but I'd consider taking out my LED OCD. Easy, and I doubt I'd get the value back out of it.

#299 9 years ago

I could buy the LOTR color DMD. Its more of a heyyyyy thats cool.... maybe later.... If BSD was released, quick take my money!!!!

#300 9 years ago

Herg's OCD boards are awesome. For the record.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.