tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.
#801 8 years ago

has to be FGY, based on first word font style (I know, I'm dreaming)......

#802 8 years ago

I don't keep up with Randy's clues much, as I don't need to but... this one is actually very easy to make out as it's all right there! (I feel proud of myself for figuring it out though)

#803 8 years ago

It's not a RULE... more like guidelines. (Still hoping for POTC)

Something about it being clipart, rather than the words themselves? And one of the first few clues always has to do with the designer, rather than the game.

#804 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

World Poker Tour

Must be. The letters spell it out.

#805 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

World Poker Tour

Quoted from TomGWI:

Must be. The letters spell it out.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Not TRON.

#806 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Come one guys, after all this time have you ever seen a Randy clue that was obvious? Ever? My favorite game is knowing what the next release is, seeing the clue, and still having to figure out how they're connected.

XMEN was pretty easy
But I agree on the others

#807 8 years ago

man am I terrible at this clue thing.......

#808 8 years ago

Sigh.... guess we will need to put GoT on the request list

#809 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If they do the dots anything like Kiss or with lots of video clips it's going to be a nightmare to color.

1 week later
#810 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

In 2015, we will continue to expand our support for STERN PINBALL, INC. games, including the SAM platform. Internally, we are looking to add support for core titles: TZ, AC/DC, MET, ST, and TRON. Some of these projects are underway, and others will begin early this year as other projects wrap up. It's too early to predict release dates, but we are currently targeting release of our first SAM game in the Spring of this year.

There is still time remaining in 2015, so I hope we will still TZ, Tron and ST in that order before the end of the year.

1 week later
#811 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD PLANS FOR 2015
. . . . Internally, we are looking to add support for core titles: TZ, AC/DC, MET, ST, and TRON.
DreddSmall.png

Please clarify: does "ST" stand for Starship Troopers or Star Trek?
Thank you.

#812 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thank you.

Star Trek.

#813 8 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thank you.

That was answered on page 1 of this thread. Stern's Star Trek.

#814 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope we will still TZ, Tron and ST in that order before the end of the year.

Nope your order is inverted. Try again.

#815 8 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

That was answered on page 1 of this thread. Stern's Star Trek.

Doh! I started on page 2 and never saw that one. Thanks!

#816 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Nope your order is inverted. Try again.

Fixed it.
There is still time remaining in 2015, so I hope we will still TZ, ST and then TRON in that order before the end of the year.

#817 8 years ago

Fixed it.
There is still time remaining in 2015, so I hope we will still TZ, ST and then TRON in that order before the end of the year.

I'm still hoping for Avengers. Seeing IM and Hulk in color would be so sweet. The vs battles would be great in color too.

If they do Tron then there is hope for Iron Man.

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm still hoping for Avengers. Seeing IM and Hulk in color would be so sweet. The vs battles would be great in color too.
If they do Tron then there is hope for Iron Man.

They all will eventually will get done at some point in color. I mean really...Popeye, WPT, and even South Park were done. Just that the ones with video clips like Tron and IM will be a challenge for someone.

#819 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Will colordmd work with Spike games? I'd be interested putting it on GoT just to upscale.

#820 8 years ago

Hope for BDK? Just picked up a sweet one and I'm debating between a blue XPin or waiting for the colored dots.

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hope for BDK? Just picked up a sweet one and I'm debating between a blue XPin or waiting for the colored dots.

Just buy a Stern Sigma kit now and choose what ever color you want it to be. I installed one in my Stern Indiana Jones knowing it will be a while before it is colored.

Sigma does improve the look of the movie clips.

#822 8 years ago

Just buy a Stern Sigma kit now and choose what ever color you want it to be.

I agree. You get all of the upscaling / dot options with an upgrade path once the color ROM is available.

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree. You get all of the upscaling / dot options with an upgrade path once the color ROM is available.

FINE!

#824 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I put a ColorDMD in my BDK set it to dotxl in purple. Looks fantastic.

#825 8 years ago

Any chance Color DMD is going to get a contract with a major pin mfg and they will include them in all new Premium/LE models?

#826 8 years ago

So I have a ColorDMD in both my Avengers and Iron Man.

Do I have the ability to upload something from the website to change the dots to dotxl or large or that 8 bit look? Or will that only be available when they get colored?

#827 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Any chance Color DMD is going to get a contract with a major pin mfg and they will include them in all new Premium/LE models?

I certainly hope not. LCDs are the future and should be the present, not dots.
Also, what ColorDMD does to colorize is arduous and unnecessary if you have the rights to manipulate the source images.

#828 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Do I have the ability to upload something from the website to change the dots to dotxl or large or that 8 bit look? Or will that only be available when they get colored?

If you don't already have the latest Sigma ROM on your displays, you can download it to get the other modes. If you DO already have it, the option is in the menus.

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you don't already have the latest Sigma ROM on your displays, you can download it to get the other modes. If you DO already have it, the option is in the menus.

I know what I'm doing tonight!!!

So just use my flash drive and upload the sigma rom? I'm not in front of my computer but it's pretty easy to find on their site?

#830 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

What Sigma version do you have? v3.0 supports it.
3.0: (03/25/15) Update to coloring engine with new upscaling features and extended contrast/backlight control.

#831 8 years ago

What Sigma version do you have? v3.0 supports it.
3.0: (03/25/15) Update to coloring engine with new upscaling features and extended contrast/backlight control.

Heck if I know. When I get home I'll hit the site and try to update my colordmds. All I can recall having were dots, smooth and maybe one more option.

#832 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Heck if I know. When I get home I'll hit the site and try to update my colordmds. All I can recall having were dots, smooth and maybe one more option.

Soon as you enter the menu on the ColorDMD to change any settings, it will show you the version installed.

#833 8 years ago

Soon as you enter the menu on the ColorDMD to change any settings, it will show you the version installed.

Ok, I'll check in a few hours. All these months and I could have have these new options. I ignorantly thought the games had to be colorized to get the ability to download the new sizing options. Doh!!

#834 8 years ago

Just buy a Stern Sigma kit now and choose what ever color you want it to be. I installed one in my Stern Indiana Jones knowing it will be a while before it is colored.
Sigma does improve the look of the movie clips.

That's actually a good idea, I guess I was just being a cheapskate to save $120. I'm still waiting on my royalty check from Herg for constantly plugging his LED OCD board.

#835 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's actually a good idea, I guess I was just being a cheapskate to save $120. I'm still waiting on my royalty check from Herg for constantly plugging his LED OCD board.

.... save $120? I thought all colordmds were the same price ($399) plus shipping?

#836 8 years ago

XPins are $279. ColorDMD is $399.

#837 8 years ago

Mudflaps, do you have a ColorDMD in your AC/DC ? Color is available for it.

#838 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nothing but love for Brett and XPin. But I think his other products are what's great, the era of buying a colored LED DMD with segmented blocks just is over for me. Rather get a ColorDMD, especially if it's for a game that's likely to be colored some day.

#839 8 years ago

Mudflaps, do you have a ColorDMD in your AC/DC ? Color is available for it.

I had one in ACDC, then switched it to TSPP, then I traded that game.

It's totally worth it, but sweet Lord $400 is a lot of money.

#840 8 years ago

As far as Tron and IM goes, both are doable but understand that we can't magically change the source material. We are working to make things as true to the original (color) as possible. Personally I think all of these games will look better with ColorDMD, but they likely won't wow the way newer Stern games (AC/DC, Met, X-Men, etc) because of the quality (or lack thereof) of the source. Eventually I'd imagine anything that can be colored will be.

#841 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had one in ACDC, then switched it to TSPP, then I traded that game.

Should have pulled it out before putting TSPP up for sale.

#842 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

40 inch LED HDTV is $249.99

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Why not bring up how much a pound of carrots costs - that's just about as relevant.

Consumer televisions are an entirely different animal. The market is huge. Supply & demand and all that. The pricing of garbage grade televisions doesn't mean anything to the price of pinball mods.

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why not bring up how much a pound of carrots costs - that's just about as relevant.
Consumer televisions are an entirely different animal. The market is huge. Supply & demand and all that. The pricing of garbage grade televisions doesn't mean anything to the price of pinball mods.

Regardless the product is still somewhat correlated and I get what your saying to a certain degree but it's still humorous nonetheless.

#845 8 years ago

Carrots- bunch orange, organic Vegetable $2.24 per bunch Organic Hepworth Farms, NY
Carrots-1# bags, organic Vegetable $1.04 each Organic USA
Carrots-1# bags, regular Vegetable $0.61 each Not Organic Canada or USA (read label)
Carrots-25# bags, organic Vegetable $28.01 each Organic USA
Carrots-5# bags, organic Vegetable $4.97 each Organic USA

#846 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

The LCD screen is not what's driving the cost, Vern.

#847 8 years ago

96.7 percent of American households have television sets. Pinball ownership is likely less.

#848 8 years ago

Damn I was running Sigma 2.5 this whole time. Not any more!! 3.0 baby!! Man that was easy as pie! I think scan might be my best choice until the lucky day these game at last get full color.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Thanks to Randy for coming up with all those different display modes !!!!

#850 8 years ago

Thanks to Randy for coming up with all those different display modes !!!!

Of course, thank you Randy!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.