Topic Stats

• 1,229 posts
  • 289 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 46 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12345678_(resized).jpg
12373225_1180545218641132_1841092280020929722_n.png
image.jpg
Angry-Video-Game-Nerd.gif
Terminator2.gif
CDMD_invalid_key_number.png
lolwut.jpg
022613-celebs-Tyrone-Biggums-dave-chappelle.jpg.custom1200x675x20.dimg.png
tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 1229 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
#751 4 years ago

Clue 3: ... Back To School

Backtoschool.jpg

#752 4 years ago

Looks like the xmen guesses were correct.

#754 4 years ago

The cube sculpture resembles the Borg ship from Star Trek... Borg, as in designer John Borg.

The school photos could hint at Dr. X's academy from X-Men or perhaps the stately collegiate building could refer to academic legacy preference - a hint at Tron Legacy?

That's the Englefield House in West Berkshire, GB, BTW - not actually a school. I don't know if that has any significance.

#755 4 years ago

Yeah but Xavier's school is in his mansion as well.

#756 4 years ago

Um...
Tommy?

(yeah, yeah, I know it ain't Tommy: I just can't resist the urge to lobby for it.)

#757 4 years ago

XMEN it is!!

#758 4 years ago

Just to mix it up....
1. if the Borg cube refers to John Borg.....he also did IJ4
2. Indiana Jones is also a school professor....

could be IJ4? Hey they did give us Popeye and South Park....

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Just to mix it up....
1. if the Borg cube refers to John Borg.....he also did IJ4
2. Indiana Jones is also a school professor....
could be IJ4? Hey they did give us Popeye and South Park....

No effing way! Its all video blob clips on IJ4. No way thats done before Tron or IM because they have less and simpler blob video clips.

#760 4 years ago

And again, I can safely say it's not WCS, TZ or FGY, so on I wait.....

#761 4 years ago

Whatever it is, I hope it's good.

#762 4 years ago

Just stirring the pot...see I got a reaction based on the clues....
I have IJ4, DH, FGY, GNR in cue for this mod so any are welcome...having said that it looks like colordmd is increasing its releases so that is good for all.

Nice work guys and volunteers on the colorisation front.

#763 4 years ago

I keep looking at my Tron wanting a ColorDMD in it....

#764 4 years ago

These picture clues are fun. Looking forward to see what Randy comes up with when Tales from the Crypt is colorized.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I keep looking at my Tron wanting a ColorDMD in it....

Forgot to add that one to my want list.....am enjoying the Sigmas in the meantime, however.......definitely appreciate your efforts....a great product!!!.....mark

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Toying with us, you are....

#767 4 years ago

Darn it, xmen comes out when the Canadian dollar is at its lowest point. Is there a pinside discount code for the ColorDMD website?

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I'm actually surprised it's taken so long, you showed me the beta when I picked up ACDC. I seem to remember it looking pretty nice!

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm actually surprised it's taken so long, you showed me the beta when I picked up ACDC. I seem to remember it looking pretty nice!

Must have been a doozy

#770 4 years ago

I just hope I have Star Trek in my mitts by Turkey Day!

#771 4 years ago

Stop! with the teases with jpegs and replies, let's see some skin!!!!!!!!!!!

#772 4 years ago

The exact same picture is in the wikipedia for X-men First Class:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_First_Class

#774 4 years ago

I thought I had read somewhere that the new DMD's are coming with the adapter plate for the stern metal back box. Can someone tell me if that's factual, or do i still need to get a adapter for Star Trek Pro?

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

I thought I had read somewhere that the new DMD's are coming with the adapter plate for the stern metal back box. Can someone tell me if that's factual, or do i still need to get a adapter for Star Trek Pro?

Don't get the pinbits adapter kit, Its a pain in the butt to install and even though I was really careful, I cracked the display. I later found out that Color DMD have some spacers that make it easy. Wish I had known.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Don't get the pinbits adapter kit, Its a pain in the butt to install and even though I was really careful, I cracked the display. I later found out that Color DMD have some spacers that make it easy. Wish I had known.

Sorry to hear that. Did you email Pinbits to let them know?

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sorry to hear that. Did you email Pinbits to let them know?

No, I emailed Randy at Color DMD. I will buy a replacement screen.

#778 4 years ago

I might have asked this earlier but don't remember: can safe cracker ever get the color DMD treatment? Is that possible given the DMD size?

#779 4 years ago

SC - no and I don't know if it is possible or not given the display but I believe it isn't currently possible. Again, I could be wrong on the last part.

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I might have asked this earlier but don't remember: can Safe Cracker ever get the color DMD treatment? Is that possible given the DMD size?

I was eyeballing it when I had a SC and i looked like it would fit, but the mounts and vertical position on the screen would need to be adjusted. I was too lazy to try but it looked like it could be done.

1 week later
#781 4 years ago

Wow, we are in September now and ColorDMD just dropped their first clue for their next release last night.new clue ColorDMD .png

#782 4 years ago

The Yellow and Blue I am guessing X-men.

#783 4 years ago

Didn't they just release X-men?

#784 4 years ago

Yes, I like guessing as Captain Hindsight. Ups my accuracy rate.

#785 4 years ago

I tried fitting one in Safecracker. It appears there would need to be a slight mounting hole adjustment to the bracket and the DMD would need to be installed upside down, hence the image would need to be flipped.
I documented my attempts with some photos, I'll try to track them down

#786 4 years ago

Wow, we are in September now and ColorDMD just dropped their first clue for their next release last night.new clue ColorDMD .png

yellow and blue...TRON?

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

yellow and blue...TRON?

That would be cool. Seems it is time for another Stern release.

#788 4 years ago

that blue mouse and trail does look a bit like a light cycle

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

yellow and blue...TRON?

I'm not getting my hopes up, but that would be awesome! I don't have the spare brain cycles to try to figure these clues out any more.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm not getting my hopes up, but that would be awesome! I don't have the spare brain cycles to try to figure these clues out any more.

I agree that would be awesome, but I thought it was dismissed as having too many video captures that would be difficult to colorize. If TRON is next WOW, color me impressed! Can't wait!!!

#791 4 years ago

T2 seems like a great candidate for colordmd with 15K+ games made.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought it was dismissed as having too many video captures that would be difficult to colorize.

Quoted from Dmod:

At this time, ACDC is complete. MET, TRON, and ST are in progress with experienced developers, and work on TZ will begin later this year.

Difficult is not the same as impossible

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

T2 seems like a great candidate for colordmd with 15K+ games made.

+1 for that!!! I dont understand the delay in this!!! T2 Please!!!

#794 4 years ago

Come one guys, after all this time have you ever seen a Randy clue that was obvious? Ever? My favorite game is knowing what the next release is, seeing the clue, and still having to figure out how they're connected.

#796 4 years ago

Probably way off base but RtoD... And the mouse cord is shaped like a 2... So Star Wars???

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Probably way off base but RtoD... And the mouse cord is shaped like a 2... So Star Wars???

Yes, you are off base. There has not yet been any announcement for a new Data East LCD panel mounting bracket as there is a fit issue with the current bracket in DE machines.

TRON it is!

#799 4 years ago

Maybe Randy is working directly with stern and this is Game of Thrones. The are both bright and colorful

#800 4 years ago

WOZ. Next...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
There are 1229 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside