tumbleweed.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
#1 9 years ago

COLORDMD PLANS FOR 2015

As we kick off 2015, we've received requests for more transparency about ongoing and planned projects.

We tend to keep things close to the vest, as development plans often change throughout the year. Developer projects start, or become abandoned, and we sometimes delay new title introductions to spend time on platform improvements.

One of these improvements will be included with the upcoming Judge Dredd ROM. In response to customer requests, we have added extended backlight and contrast control adjustments to allow more user control over image brightness and black levels. We will begin rolling these new features out to all existing ROMs.

We understand the desire for information, tentative as it may be, so we'll try to provide a little more visibility. In 2015, we will continue to expand our support for STERN PINBALL, INC. games, including the SAM platform. Internally, we are looking to add support for core titles: TZ, AC/DC, MET, ST, and TRON. Some of these projects are underway, and others will begin early this year as other projects wrap up. It's too early to predict release dates, but we are currently targeting release of our first SAM game in the Spring of this year.

This core effort will be complemented by additional developer-driven projects that likely won't be disclosed before we're sure they will be completed. We are currently accepting and reviewing proposals for developer projects on WPC, Stern, Data East, and Sega platforms.

In the early part of this year, you will also see us unleash a blitz of developer projects that started in 2014 and are wrapping up now. This begins with the JD release next week, but you can look forward to many more announcements in the coming weeks, and we think some of these upcoming titles may surprise you!

As always, thanks for your continued support!

Randy and Chris, ColorDMD Displays

DreddSmall.pngDreddSmall.png
#2 9 years ago

Appreciate the sharing of development roadmap.

+1 vote for DE GnR
Stern SM & IM

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Randy for more transparency.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks guys as you produce a great product. To all pinsiders, this is why competition is great.

#5 9 years ago

TZ! Yea!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the update.

I wish you guys continued success!

#7 9 years ago

Xmen! And keep doing what your doing it is great

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks guys as you produce a great product. To all pinsiders, this is why competition is great.

Not only that. Randy rocks on customer service. Top shelf and a model all vendors should emulate.

#9 9 years ago

Obviously I'm still hoping for Shadow, but I have to say, Metallica might be the one I'm the most looking forward to. IMHO some of the best dots out there on that game.

Randy and Chris have super poker faces, nice to see you guys being a little more open!

#10 9 years ago

Did you mean TZ as Twilight Zone? It was in a sentence about SAM based Sterns.

I hope the ST you mentioned is Star Trek, and not Starship Troopers as the Pinside initial decoder is saying it is.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Did you mean TZ as Twilight Zone? It was in a sentence about SAM based Sterns.
I hope the ST you mentioned is Star Trek, and not Starship Troopers as the Pinside initial decoder is saying it is.

Yes, and yes.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes, and yes.

Sweet!

#13 9 years ago

SST is Starship Troopers I thought. ST is Star Trek

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

SST is Starship Troopers I thought. ST is Star Trek

If you hover your mouse over the post....ST is translating to Starship Troopers.

#16 9 years ago

I wish I could get a color DMD for TSPP

That would be awesome

#17 9 years ago

XMen would be awesome if it could be done. I'll be picking up a ST though for sure.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If you hover your mouse over the post....ST is translating to Starship Troopers.

So it is starship troopers ? I may just keep mine then, tz will be awesome cant wait however the white does look nice

#19 9 years ago

Good to know what's coming down the pike! Transparency and communication, nothing like a little competition from Smart DMD to get the info flowing.

#20 9 years ago

And watch Stern continue the usual single color crap with their next release. Sad...just sad.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

And watch Stern continue the usual single color crap with their next release. Sad...just sad.

Honestly why would they change it? People will still buy it with or without a colorDMD

#22 9 years ago

WOW! Thanks for the update Randy! I'm more excited then ever to be a colordmd owner. I currently have colordmd's in 4 of my 9 machines and I'm not done. Very excited to officially hear that TZ is in development.

Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD PLANS FOR 2015
As we kick off 2015, we've received requests for more transparency about ongoing and planned projects.
We tend to keep things close to the vest, as development plans often change throughout the year. Developer projects start, or become abandoned, and we sometimes delay new title introductions to spend time on platform improvements.
One of these improvements will be included with the upcoming Judge Dredd ROM. In response to customer requests, we have added extended backlight and contrast control adjustments to allow more user control over image brightness and black levels. We will begin rolling these new features out to all existing ROMs.
We understand the desire for information, tentative as it may be, so we'll try to provide a little more visibility. In 2015, we will continue to expand our support for STERN PINBALL, INC. games, including the SAM platform. Internally, we are looking to add support for core titles: TZ, AC/DC, MET, ST, and TRON. Some of these projects are underway, and others will begin early this year as other projects wrap up. It's too early to predict release dates, but we are currently targeting release of our first SAM game in the Spring of this year.
This core effort will be complemented by additional developer-driven projects that likely won't be disclosed before we're sure they will be completed. We are currently accepting and reviewing proposals for developer projects on WPC, Stern, Data East, and Sega platforms.
In the early part of this year, you will also see us unleash a blitz of developer projects that started in 2014 and are wrapping up now. This begins with the JD release next week, but you can look forward to many more announcements in the coming weeks, and we think some of these upcoming titles may surprise you!
As always, thanks for your continued support!
Randy and Chris, ColorDMD Displays

DreddSmall.png 4 KB

#23 9 years ago

I guess now that Dredd's done I should start lobbying for GnR. Or maybe it would be better to lobby for the games I don't have.

#24 9 years ago

tron colour dmd? sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I know nearly the entire tron movie is inside the rom files.. thats going to be a sweet add on!

#25 9 years ago

Nice, awesome work guys! Sopranos? Colorful art and language needs a colorful display

#26 9 years ago

I'd love a Starship Troopers. I'm a terrible artist or I'd offer to do it. It would come out looking like a monkey played with a lite bright for an hour.

#27 9 years ago

Great news.

#28 9 years ago

I had a vision Big Hurt was colorized the other night.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a vision Big Hurt was colorized the other night.

Wow! The 7 owners would be thrilled!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Wow! The 7 owners would be thrilled!

They said the same thing about Judge Dredd.

#31 9 years ago

WOW, POTC will be a nice surprise

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They said the same thing about Judge Dredd.

I have a Big Hurt sitting right next to me actually......

#33 9 years ago

Frank Thomas FTW! You may have to do something about that red defuser though.

#34 9 years ago

Hopefully the STTNG rom will get updated to allow screen positioning soon as well.

#35 9 years ago

If your in the mood for colorizing, can you throw in IJ4 into the mix.

#36 9 years ago

Sounds like another $800 out the door in 2015 (TZ and ST).

That will be a huge plus for ST, which really suffers from being mono.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hopefully the STTNG rom will get updated to allow screen positioning soon as well.

Is it a problem on STTNG? My friend has one in his and I never noticed any issues.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Sounds like another $800 out the door in 2015 (TZ and ST). That will be a huge plus for ST, which really suffers from being mono, I think.

I agree, ST has some great dots. Kinda wish I still had mine now

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Sounds like another $800 out the door in 2015 (TZ and ST). That will be a huge plus for ST, which really suffers from being mono, I think.

+1. My wife in not to happy about that, but what's a fellow to do.

#40 9 years ago

Even though it's not the most popular title, I'd really like to see a ColorDMD version of Rocky and Bullwinkle. Animations would be great in color.

#41 9 years ago

Congo needs to be done please!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd love a Starship Troopers.

Will the panel fit in the Showcase box?

viperrwk

#43 9 years ago

Yes, Xmen and TWD please!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Is it a problem on STTNG? My friend has one in his and I never noticed any issues.

depends on where the mounting holes are in your wood..

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Will the panel fit in the Showcase box?
viperrwk

That's a good question, I've got no clue.

#46 9 years ago

Great update, thanks!

Looking forward to Star Trek support, but we probably need updated game code first.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Honestly why would they change it? People will still buy it with or without a colorDMD

I don't think so anymore. Stern is gonna feel the pressure soon enough.

Gross profit glory days are running out.

#48 9 years ago

Will these TZ and ST ColorDmd graphics be downloadable to present sigma ColorDmd?

#49 9 years ago

TZ excellent!! Can't wait
Requesting: GnR, BSD, T2

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I for one really don't give a rats ass if Stern stays with the single color, they would just have to add $300-$400 to a game so we could have colored dots and then the bitching would REALLY start. I really believe that with Color DMD doing it it would be a sooooo much better addition to the game then if Stern were to do it. Color DMD is MUCH better at communicating with us and listening to what we have to say and want then Stern ever has. So let Stern keep giving us the red dots then we can give our money to Color DMD, a better company who has a better product and really cares about us and what WE want. I just wish Color DMD was a bigger company so we could get more games colorized faster and maybe just maybe knock the price down a little.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 78.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-plans-for-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.