New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 153602)

ColorDMD + Pinbits IJ Lighted Jackpot Board?

By charles4400

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by charles4400
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Has anyone here gotten a Color DMD + Pinbits IJ Lighted Jackpot Board installed together? Do they fit nicely with each other?

Would love to get a color DMD for my IJ but do not really want to sacrifice the lighted jackpot mod (since that also required a modified wooden speaker panel!)

Anyone tried this and how did it turn out?

#2 4 years ago

If you read the description it mentions letting them know if you want the connector harness for colordmd or not. Also mentions you have to drill holes for caps with Colordmd.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_29&products_id=473

I have the board from Marco (which occasionally comes back in stock) and can confirm you don't need to modify anything with this board.

Hope this helps.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks bdaily it was helpful, I didn't even look at their current description of the jackpot board since I already had one installed.

So what I found out from Pam is that the OLD Jackpot light boards won't fit with the new ColorDMD boards/screen. Dimensions just won't allow it. I got my Jackpot board from Pinbits about 3-4 years ago or so, and don't know when they switched to their newer boards.

However their newer/current boards will fit with some slight modification as described on their website.

So there it is, in case anyone else was wondering.

#4 4 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824 - sold out

This one fits under the ColorDMD. It is very flat. I just sold mine a few weeks ago.

#5 4 years ago

I remember looking for that marco one when I was first looking for this mod...it was always, always, always sold out!

I must have had either really bad timing or you guys had great timing to order one from there.

Anyone that wants to sell me theirs, let me know.

#6 4 years ago

I actually bought mine originally overseas. I cannot remember where at the moment. It might have been this site.

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/indiana-jones-jackpot-board.html

#7 4 years ago

The old version of the board DOES work, it just needs some tweaking.
All I did was snip off the pins of the connector on the board until they were about 2mm long, snip off the white "teeth" of the connector, and then solder the wires directly onto the pins (making sure I got the order right). This meant there was enough clearance for the board to sit behind the ColorDMD. I screwed it back on with short screws and it sits pretty flush to the speaker panel - in fact the LEDs are sitting inside the jackpot holes.

#8 4 years ago

Has anyone ever added a ColorDMD to a sample game that already had the jackpot board? How does that go?

#9 4 years ago

My game is a sample. I still needed the board from Marco.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I actually bought mine originally overseas. I cannot remember where at the moment. It might have been this site.
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/indiana-jones-jackpot-board.html

Thanks Gripwhip!!!!

That's an awesome link you posted and I think you just allowed my IJ to get that Color DMD it always wanted! Really, appreciate the link, you saved the day!

good to know the old board will still work too dluth, but whenever there's a feasible alternative, I'd rather not start cutting up boards, but at least we know it can be done with a little work.

Ok Color Dmd needs to get those new boards in stock soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Boards
PinSound

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside