(Topic ID: 160006)

ColorDMD Lifts Off with Apollo 13! - RELEASED!!! Now with Video!

By Dmod

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jawjaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

in_stock_(resized).png
A13_ShootBattery_(resized).PNG
A13_Dock_(resized).PNG
A13_VideoModeTotal_(resized).PNG
A13_Mission_(resized).PNG
A13_Title_(resized).PNG

#1 3 years ago

COLORDMD LIFTS OFF WITH APOLLO 13!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for Apollo 13 pinball machines! This is ColorDMD's seventh new title release in 2016, and A13 is the 38th game overall to be supported by the company's unique and patented multicolor pinball display platform.

A13_Title_(resized).PNG

Apollo 13 was colored by veteran developer Dave Timmer (Road Show, Monopoly, Shadow, Demolition Man). Dave has great initiative, is amazingly productive, and with Apollo 13 takes another small step forward in expanding support for new game platforms! In his "spare time", Dave resides in Michigan, owns a "few" pins, and runs a successful A/V business with his brother.

A13_Mission_(resized).PNG

The Apollo 13 ColorDMD shares the same hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

A13_VideoModeTotal_(resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Apollo 13 pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, May 20!

Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming previews from Apollo 13, as well as upcoming announcements regarding new product updates and releases! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

A13_Dock_(resized).PNG

#2 3 years ago

Failure is not an option!

Looks Great!
faz

#3 3 years ago

Color release is out of this world

#4 3 years ago

Congrats to Dave for putting a bow on another title! Great work. Looks awesome.

#5 3 years ago

Congrats Dave! Can't wait to see this!

#6 3 years ago

Dave, putting us to shame! Way to go Dave.

#7 3 years ago

Wow, 5 titles! Dave, you are a machine. Great job!!!

#8 3 years ago

Thanks!
Super's going to be my next order!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Was thinking the same thing....haha.

Congrats Dave!

#10 3 years ago

Thanks guys! This was another fun one to do. Extra fun working with 4 intensities for video frames from the movie!

Lots more games that need attention yet!

#11 3 years ago

nerbflong, I look forward to seeing the video preview of your great work.
I sure hope you can wrap up your other 2 projects this year.

#12 3 years ago

Installation instructions for Apollo 13 have been posted to our SUPPORT page.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

#13 3 years ago

I hope the video preview is coming soon.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

The people that have been doing coloring deserve more credit.
Thanks to everyone that has been providing support.

#15 3 years ago

Dave does such a great job. I love what he did with Shadow. I wish he owned Dirty Harry or Indy 500.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Dave does such a great job. I love what he did with Shadow. I wish he owned Dirty Harry or Indy 500.

I'll vote for Indy 500 since I have a Sigma display in mine waiting for color.

#17 3 years ago

So when do we start crowd funding these guys to colorize certain games?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No thanks. They've already got a sweet deal that people do the work for 'free.' I mean, trying to bribe one of the artists is acceptable I would think.

#19 3 years ago

Waiting on Barb Wire, are you?

#20 3 years ago

Just remember...you pre pay for it to be colorized...then you're going to want to see a little update for your monies; = shit show

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD LIFTS OFF WITH APOLLO 13!

Yes!! this will be my first colordmd purchase!

*update: paid this afternoon, it's already on it's way

#22 3 years ago

JP bro! That games SCREAMS color DMD! Id gladly throw down $50 to get this shit movin....

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'll vote for Indy 500 since I have a Sigma display in mine waiting for color.

Pretty please ?!

#24 3 years ago

I'm from Chicago I can't be bribed!!! (PM for PayPal address)

#25 3 years ago

Usually its more of an issue of 2 things: Access to a title (because you really need direct access) and a desire to work on that title.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

You can always loan me a game to color. Though I prefer to own the games I color, perhaps a little more love gets put into it.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

You can always loan me a game to color. Though I prefer to own the games I color, perhaps a little more love gets put into it.

Wow!! There are a potential of 12 DMD machines that you have that are not yet colorized. That is a lot of work ahead of you. haha

#28 3 years ago

Wow!! There are a potential of 12 DMD machines that you have that are not yet colorized. That is a lot of work ahead of you. haha

D&D is going to look awesome!

#29 3 years ago

Quoted from Dmod:

D&D is going to look awesome!

Haha!

I've kidded about doing D&D before. Difficult to fit the display and not ruin the fantastic artwork!

So many dots to color! Lots of great projects going on and going faster with the improved tools!! Randy's been busy trying to keep up with all our demands (requests)

#30 3 years ago

COLORDMD APOLLO 13 RELEASED!!!

The color ROM to support Apollo 13 pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our support page.

Thanks again to Dave Timmer for adding another great title to the ColorDMD library!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

A13_ShootBattery_(resized).PNG

#31 2 years ago

The video preview is here! Thanks to Dave and Chris for putting this together!

#32 2 years ago

Thank you Randy, Dave, and Chris for another awesome colored release.

#33 2 years ago

Houston, we have video!

#35 2 years ago

Awesome! Love your work on Shadow & Demoliton Man and this is another amazing title you brought into colour

Any chance anyone could lend Dave a Goldeneye so he can use his magic to bring 007 into the colour era

#36 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Chris did an amazing job on the video (as always) and the install instructions. Top notch. And if it weren't for the incredible hardware platform and supporting software from Randy we wouldn't be here.

Ps - I am looking for a goldeney to buy lol

#37 2 years ago

Someone sell Dave their Goldeneye

#38 2 years ago

Installed this yesterday and WOW...this is one of the better coloring jobs in my opinion. The launch sequence especially -- looks amazing. Fantastic work. If you have A13 and are thinking about colorizing, do not hesitate, just do it.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Installed this yesterday and WOW...this is one of the better coloring jobs in my opinion. The launch sequence especially -- looks amazing. Fantastic work. If you have A13 and are thinking about colorizing, do not hesitate, just do it.

Can you post a video on the gameplay in action?

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

I just got mine installed tonight:

2 weeks later
#41 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I just got mine installed tonight:
ยป YouTube video

Is the hardware mounting different from a Stern?

I'm picking up an Apollo and noticed Apollo colordmd is sold out on their site.

#42 2 years ago

Never mind they seem to all be sold out

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is the hardware mounting different from a Stern?
I'm picking up an Apollo and noticed Apollo colordmd is sold out on their site.

A13 does require 1 stud to be cut off to fit the COLORDMD. I just bent mine back and forth and it snapped off at the panel. A13 also needs a power tap which is included with the A13 colordmd.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

A13 does require 1 stud to be cut off to fit the COLORDMD

yea, I love how they're like "cut it with a dremel, and put masking tape on BOTH sides to protect their screen". I think they're just making sure users are being cautious.

1 week later
#45 2 years ago

in_stock_(resized).png

3 weeks later
#46 2 years ago

can someone help me, what are the dimensions of the ColorDMD for Apollo 13 that you have? I ordered one but it looks way to big to fit it. Its bigger than the existing one (almost double the size!).

Neil.

#47 2 years ago

All ColorDMDs are the same size. Because they use a laptop display, it sticks up above the speaker panel. It works just fine. Use the mounting instructions linked to, on their site, by the game you are installing it in.

#48 2 years ago

Starwriter is correct. Please consult the special Apollo 13 mounting instructions on the hardware support page on our site.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

#49 2 years ago

Looks awesome. Nice job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside