IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3981 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ACF4918D-E2B4-4114-A4A3-EDE02217E5DF (resized).jpeg
IMG_1517 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3 Vendor update on available combinations Posted by Dmod (4 years ago)

Post #23 Vendor update on hardware revision for future display boards Posted by Dmod (4 years ago)

Post #30 Led displays take less power than lcd setups Posted by Dmod (4 years ago)

Post #64 Discussion on smoothing algorithm Posted by Dmod (4 years ago)

Post #90 Video of the led display in spiderman Posted by bobukcat (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'm looking at potentially starting to change over some of my games to ColorDMDs soon - I'm finally starting to set up the gameroom at the new house. When I do, I have recently seen that ColorDMD is starting to sell color LED boards... and they said they would have a further announcement about this at Expo.
From what I can see on their web site, Tommy is the only game that currently has an option about which set to use. Does anyone know more about what is going on with this option? Is the "traditional" ColorDMD the way to go? Does the LED version give any bonuses (other than the $30 cheaper price tag)? Not sure what to go with when I decide, and I can't seem to find much info on it either!

Hey Dan
I don't know if the LCD will fit Tommy for one thing so you may have to go the LED route for that particular game.
Not exactly sure though.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't think this is XL (just found these on Google), but it's dots...personally, I think this looks better...it's the way the art was designed. It looks retro and cool...but when made solid, it looks like a poor version of the cartoon. But hey, to each their own...

I think it depends on the game but I really like HIRES. I still think it looks way better than dots. To each his own. That's the great thing about the LCD, you can do different forms.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside