(Topic ID: 165510)

ColorDMD Joins the Circus!!! Game 44! - RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
CV (resized).jpg
IMG_6598 (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
keep-calm-and-stop-being-such-a-whiny-little-bitch-1 (resized).png
CV colored (resized).png
CopyCat_Color_(resized).PNG
CopyCat_(resized).PNG
CV_or_MM_(resized).png
20160809_223733_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
empty_spot_(resized).png
CV_3_color_(resized).jpg
There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from andypuk:

Will this work ok with the non-home ROMs on CV? i.e. the ROMs that don't have the Copy Cat game in?

Yeah, it's fine -- the other content is the same, so it doesn't matter that copy cat never shows up.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, it's fine -- the other content is the same, so it doesn't matter that copy cat never shows up.

Thanks for letting me know. My ColorDMD LED is ordered

2 months later
#204 7 years ago

Waiting on a large order of LED modules, but factory is shut down for CNY. Best estimate is late February.

1 month later
#205 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Waiting on a large order of LED modules, but factory is shut down for CNY. Best estimate is late February.

Late February is here.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Wish these were American Made...

#207 7 years ago

IMG_6598 (resized).PNGIMG_6598 (resized).PNG

#208 7 years ago

Hang in there. Things are still moving, just a little slower than hoped.

#209 7 years ago

Getting closer... Expecting to have LED modules in hand next week to complete assembly and test.

Fingers crossed!

3 weeks later
#210 7 years ago

about to buy a CV. How is the color dmd for this? Been happy with the others but this thread seems a little, well unhappy. Were things fixed up? No preview like the others it seems.

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

about to buy a CV. How is the color dmd for this? Been happy with the others but this thread seems a little, well unhappy. Were things fixed up? No preview like the others it seems.

I just got an LED display installed yesterday for the CV. You have to get the LED version as the LCD version doesn't fit. The LED display really "pops". The colors are super bright and vivid (way more vivid than the LCD displays IMO). The bright and vivid colors suit the gaudy circus colors of CV rather well. The dots that make up the LED appear to be a little smaller than the dots in the original orange display, but you don't really notice that much because of the increased brightness. I did notice that there were a few color glitches, but it wasn't bad at all. Maybe in the future they'll have another update that addresses some things.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the LED in CV. For a long time I never thought we'd get a color display for the game, as the LCD just wouldn't fit, so I give kudos to ColorDMD for providing us with this LED option. It's waaaayyyy better than the stock orange display or a comparable single color LED display.

I don't know if I'd want the LED option in my other games though, as I kinda like the more muted colors of the LCD in most games, along with the ability to change the display of the LCD to dots XL, or one of the other display options. You can't change the display style from the dots on the LED, but you can adjust brightness and contrast.

All in all, I'm happy with it for CV and I'd recommend it. I hope this helps.

The only pic I have is this still I took last night:

CV (resized).jpgCV (resized).jpg

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I just got an LED display installed yesterday for the CV. You have to get the LED version as the LCD version doesn't fit. The LED display really "pops". The colors are super bright and vivid (way more vivid than the LCD displays IMO). The bright and vivid colors suit the gaudy circus colors of CV rather well. The dots that make up the LED appear to be a little smaller than the dots in the original orange display, but you don't really notice that much because of the increased brightness. I did notice that there were a few color glitches, but it wasn't bad at all. Maybe in the future they'll have another update that addresses some things.
All in all, I'm quite happy with the LED in CV. For a long time I never thought we'd get a color display for the game, as the LCD just wouldn't fit, so I give kudos to ColorDMD for providing us with this LED option. It's waaaayyyy better than the stock orange display or a comparable single color LED display.
I don't know if I'd want the LED option in my other games though, as I kinda like the more muted colors of the LCD in most games, along with the ability to change the display of the LCD to dots XL, or one of the other display options. You can't change the display style from the dots on the LED, but you can adjust brightness and contrast.
All in all, I'm happy with it for CV and I'd recommend it. I hope this helps.
The only pic I have is this still I took last night:

Great summary thanks. Stinks you can't change the options of display like LCD. I've always owned LCD. That being said, it does look very good in there and really adds to the table. Ill likely buy one b/c they hold their value when you sell so why not.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great summary thanks. Stinks you can't change the options of display like LCD. I've always owned LCD. That being said, it does look very good in there and really adds to the table. Ill likely buy one b/c they hold their value when you sell so why not.

You're welcome. The LED display is also about $40 less than the LCD, so you'l save a little. I forgot to mention that, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things, lol.

3 years later
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just installed mine a little while ago and it's true that the videos just do not do it justice. I have the LCD ColorDMD in three games and they look great but the LED colors really stand out comparatively. Excellent work on this guys!
I believe I have found a bug though, the Shoot Again followed by Highest Score animation is mostly white with some green "splotches" in it, I guess this could be intentional but it looks odd if that's the case.

Hi! Could you please tell where did you connect the power cable? I installed mine and Its not not getting power (the original dmd does work). Thank you!

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hi! Could you please tell where did you connect the power cable? I installed mine and Its not not getting power (the original dmd does work). Thank you!

That's been three years ago so I don't remember it vividly but I just followed the instructions on the site: http://colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD%20LED%20Installation%20Instructions%20WPC%20WPC95%20Rev1.PDF

The ColorDMD uses 12VDC for power not the High Voltage the Plasma uses so the fact the old one works doesn't really matter power-wise. Does the game play okay now with the old display in / are you sure it didn't blow the 12VDC fuse? If you have other mods that are tapped off of it it can pull down the supply and / or blow the fuse.

#216 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#217 3 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Did you connect it to J138 on the power driver board? So if you press the right menu button, nothing shows on the DMD? If you plugged in J138 in upside down, it will blow the F109 4amp fuse and LED103 will not be lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 217 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-joins-the-circus/page/5?hl=hectorcm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.