(Topic ID: 165510)

ColorDMD Joins the Circus!!! Game 44! - RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rum-Z
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CV (resized).jpg
IMG_6598 (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
keep-calm-and-stop-being-such-a-whiny-little-bitch-1 (resized).png
CV colored (resized).png
CopyCat_Color_(resized).PNG
CopyCat_(resized).PNG
CV_or_MM_(resized).png
20160809_223733_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
empty_spot_(resized).png
CV_3_color_(resized).jpg
CV_(resized).png

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 3 years ago

COLORDMD JOINS THE CIRCUS!

ColorDMD Displays is especially excited to announce multicolor support for our 44th game: Cirqus Voltaire! Using ColorDMD's newly announced RGB LED display platform, we're finally able to bring full frame-by-frame colorization to one of the most colorful games in pinball history!

CV_Title_(resized).PNG

Cirqus Voltaire served as the inspiration behind development for ColorDMD's compact new RGB LED display! The ColorDMD LED display features an array of 128x32 RGB LEDs and sports a similar form factor to conventional DMD displays. The new LED display fits neatly behind the Cirqus pinball playfield where it's always in view!

Cirqus Voltaire was colored by ColorDMD co-founder Chris Enright. Chris' long list of contributions include Addams Family, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Medieval Madness, Metallica, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Star Trek: TNG, Tales of the Arabian Nighs, Theatre of Magic, Twilight Zone, and White Water!

CV_Volt_(resized).PNG

Chris is also the founder of the Orange County Pinball League, and continues to organize and run monthly league meetings and tournaments. Chris is also a mechanical engineer and has reproduced a number of rare parts for both modern and prewar pinball machines.

Cirqus Voltaire uses the newly designed ColorDMD LED platform. All LED displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with other supported LED titles.

CV_Menagerie_(resized).PNG

The pilot run of LED displays is shipping now from our store site. The color ROM for Cirqus Voltaire pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, August 5! Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming announcements regarding new product updates and releases! For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

CV_Ringmaster_(resized).PNG

#2 3 years ago

come on its midnight!

#3 3 years ago

Post videos and pics installed in a CV. These are gonna sell like hot cakes!

#4 3 years ago

I'm in !!

#5 3 years ago

Does this display offer hd up scaling? Or is it dots more like the original. It sure looks like the latter, but I wanted to confirm.
Thank you

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The pilot run of LED displays is shipping now from our store site

Looks like the displays cannot be ordered yet.

SKU: LED-W-CV
Sorry but this item is currently unavailable.
Please check back at a later stage.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Does this display offer hd up scaling? Or is it dots more like the original. It sure looks like the latter, but I wanted to confirm.
Thank you

DOTS only. What game are you looking to put one in? Currently, only full color on the LED displays are only supported on these games. http://shop.colordmd.com/led-displays/

#8 3 years ago

I was wondering. I have a color display in sttng and did not appreciate it until color with hd became available. Metallica is probably next.....

#9 3 years ago

I would say STTNG and Metallica would be supported on the LED platform at a much later date since the LCD fits in these 4 current supported games without any issues. They rolled out some games that the LCD cannot fit into.

#10 3 years ago

Metallica is supported on the LCD platform.

#11 3 years ago

It never came online. Midnight came and went

#12 3 years ago

Go and get it!

#13 3 years ago

Just ordered one.

#14 3 years ago

Sorry for any confusion. I sent the email and made the post a little early. Displays are on the site now.

#15 3 years ago

Ordered! This is so exciting! CV is one of the games that we were doubtful we'd get in color...but one that would benefit the most from it with the DMD being in the players line of sight the whole time, and animation like the Ball Lock that's "interactive" with the ball. Thank you ColorDMD for being awesome!!!!

#16 3 years ago

Great news!! Cant wait to get one for my CV

#18 3 years ago

Ordered!!! Sweet!!

#19 3 years ago

Ordered one as well...Yes!

#20 3 years ago

My order is in! cant wait
Magicchiz

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

I sent the email and made the post a little early.

Sounds you got excited about the release as well.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds you got excited about the release as well.

It's kind of a big deal.

#23 3 years ago

Did anybody notice that Terminator 3 is listed as a supported game on the LED screen? That game hasn't been released yet right? Is that an accidental leak?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's kind of a big deal.

I agree!! Many people holding out buying the LCD in hopes of a LED display.

#25 3 years ago

Ordered SIGMA ColorDMD RGB LED for my Congo.

All future colorization ROM releases are compatible for ColorDMD LCDs and LEDs ????

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did anybody notice that Terminator 3 is listed as a supported game on the LED screen? That game hasn't been released yet right? Is that an accidental leak?

T3 was announced today for the LED.

#27 3 years ago

That kind of got lost in the other hype I guess.

#28 3 years ago

I am assuming that if these were put into another wpc95 you can set it to a solid color mode? Like we all did with the Twilight zone until it's release.

Anybody know for sure?
Magicchiz

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am assuming that if these were put into another wpc95 you can set it to a solid color mode? Like we all did with the Twilight zone until it's release.
Anybody know for sure?
Magicchiz

Yes, the LED display will work in single-color mode for all currently supported platforms (WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, SPIKE, and PROC).

#30 3 years ago

Now only 22 LED displays left in stock for Stern/DE/Sega

#31 3 years ago

I can't wait to see a video

#32 3 years ago

Agreed. Any dates for the release of a preview video?

#33 3 years ago

8 LED displays left for CV.

#34 3 years ago

Just got mine! Ordered a LED and a LCD!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Just got mine! Ordered a LED and a LCD!

Sounds like you are addicted to color.

#36 3 years ago

I'm OCD about LCD and LED!

#37 3 years ago

Got my display! Whars dat ROM!?

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Got my display! Whars dat ROM!?

Is ColorDMD next door to you?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Practically, shipping is a drive across town really.

I buy all my displays from them in person myself, but it's easy when you play in league with them.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

More or less.

#41 3 years ago

Figures. Lucky Ducks

#42 3 years ago

Been waiting for these for my CV for a long time. Finally got mine ordered. Can't wait to install it!

#43 3 years ago

Here's a quick demo video for you guys to check out! Doesn't do it justice though - imagine all the colors way more saturated and intense! Just looks awesome.

#44 3 years ago

CIRQUS VOLTAIRE ROM RELEASED!

The color ROM to support Cirqus Voltaire pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from the SUPPORT page of our site!

Thanks to Chris Enright for a truly great job on a title that a lot of people have been waiting for! And thanks to Kevin G for the many long hours beta testing this release!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

CV_(resized).png

#45 3 years ago

Just installed mine a little while ago and it's true that the videos just do not do it justice. I have the LCD ColorDMD in three games and they look great but the LED colors really stand out comparatively. Excellent work on this guys!

I believe I have found a bug though, the Shoot Again followed by Highest Score animation is mostly white with some green "splotches" in it, I guess this could be intentional but it looks odd if that's the case.

#46 3 years ago

@colordmd
Will you convert all roms to led?

#47 3 years ago

Just found what looks to be another bug as well - if Highwire MB is ready to start and the third ball is shot up the ramp while another animation is playing, particularly the WOW lit, the Highwire MB start animation is in white and yellow instead of blue. It's like that video sequence starts at a different frame and therefore the coloring is off?? My cellphone camera does not do a good job of capturing this but it is easily reproducible, just lock two balls and have MB ready lit then hit the wow targets and then hit the top ramp switch. This is with the 2.0H Home ROMs installed.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

if Highwire MB is ready to start and the third ball is shot up the ramp while another animation is playing

Is your Ringmaster magnet disabled or did it not catch and hold the ball? Or what did you have going on before the video started?

#49 3 years ago

I wish mine had arrived today, I ordered Tues &...Its not coming til Tues

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

the Shoot Again followed by Highest Score animation is mostly white with some green "splotches" in it

Which CV rom are you running in your game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside