easy_button_(resized).png
IMG_8549_(resized).JPG
smokin_(resized).jpg
T3_ShootAgain_(resized).PNG
T3_Kickback_(resized).PNG
T3_Escape_(resized).PNG
T3_Launcher_(resized).PNG
T3_Title_(resized).PNG

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Come on Paul, if I can do it, anyone can.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No my second, I have Met also. I'm not a PC guy (I hate um), the hard drive took a dump after a year and took everything with it so I've never downloaded a rom before, a friend has always done it for me.

Trust me when I say that I am no where near being a computer nerd. Copying files are basic computer user tasks.
Here, this will help ya.

#53 7 years ago

OK got that now how do you format the thumb drive for FAT32?

#54 7 years ago

Do yo have the thumb drive that he had used to update your other ColorDMD? If you do, it should already be formatted correctly.

#56 7 years ago

Internet search found this instruction video for formatting USB thumbdrive to Fat32.

#57 7 years ago

Formatting means anything on the thumbdrive will be ERASED. So if there is anything on it that you want to keep, you need to copy and paste those files somewhere safe.

#58 7 years ago

T3 is a much better game than T2. Glad they colorized the superior terminator game first.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK got that now how do you format the thumb drive for FAT32?

Insert the thumb drive into a computer. Open a File Explorer window. Right click on the thumb drive which should be in the scroll down window on the left. There should be an option that says Format... It should already be setup for FAT32 but you can look in the popup window. Click OK and done. Put the ROM on the drive. Insert it into the ColorDMD. Hold the left most button until the screen turns black. Wait till the screen comes back on. This may take a few minutes.

#60 7 years ago

Thanks you guys, first time for everything right. Now I gotta stop tomorrow and get me a drive.

#61 7 years ago

New drives generally come pre-formatted with the correct format.

#62 7 years ago

Funny, lots of comments saying, "T2 has almost no dots, why haven't they released it??"

I think the answer is in the question.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Funny, lots of comments saying, "T2 has almost no dots, why haven't they released it??"
I think the answer is in the question.

Obviously not, for the many T2 owners/potential customers.

#64 7 years ago

Ok , so would the LCD display work with modifications
On a T3 ? I just installed my color CV and it looks great but I do like the soothing feature?

#65 7 years ago

Yes, you can fit an lcd version of ColorDMD in a t3. Mounts the same as most whitestar games. However, you have to disable the RPG.

I like the RPG so routered the speaker panel 1/4 inch thinner where the ColorDMD goes to bring the lcd forward. Now the RPG misses the LCD by 1/8 inch. It's been working fine for months like that.

However, the LED version is much easier no modifications to speaker panel.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Yes, you can fit an lcd version of ColorDMD in a t3. Mounts the same as most whitestar games. However, you have to disable the RPG.
I like the RPG so routered the speaker panel 1/4 inch thinner where the ColorDMD goes to bring the lcd forward. Now the RPG misses the LCD by 1/8 inch. It's been working fine for months like that.
However, the LED version is much easier no modifications to speaker panel.

But your LCD one is only one color at a time correct?

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

He's the developer who colorized T3. It was originally colorized and tested with the LCD so Dave has that running multicolor in his game. As he described, it took a lot of work to get it to fit.

The supported solution for T3 is the LED display.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nerbflong is the one who colored T3. So his LCD has color.

#69 7 years ago

Like they said

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

He's the developer who colorized T3. It was originally colorized and tested with the LCD so Dave has that running multicolor in his game. As he described, it took a lot of work to get it to fit.
The supported solution for T3 is the LED display.

Well there ya go, I was questioning the designer and never knew it. I'll go hide in a corner now.

#71 7 years ago

After reading the release of color for T3 which I bought new ,sold it and really missed playing the game I hunted down a HUO version (Thanks Pinside) and look forward to getting one back and add color, leds, speaker upgrade and chrome it like I never did to mine which I had planned.

I think T3 has always been underrated but that's just my opinion, love the stainless ramps, Fast, only draw back is translite is just ok., I've never seen an aftermarket version ?

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

After reading the release of color for T3 which I bought new ,sold it and really missed playing the game I hunted down a HUO version (Thanks Pinside) and look forward to getting one back and add color, leds, speaker upgrade and chrome it like I never did to mine which I had planned.
I think T3 has always been underrated but that's just my opinion, love the stainless ramps, Fast, only draw back is translite is just ok., I've never seen an aftermarket version ?

Well your just gonna have to join the T3 club now. I'll look for ya.

#73 7 years ago

Any video for this yet?

#74 7 years ago

We might have some video later but it would be running on Dave's LCD. Would probably be better if someone can capture some gameplay video with the LED and post it.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well your just gonna have to join the T3 club now. I'll look for ya.

couldn't find T3 club ? anyone make an alternative translite for T3 ?

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

couldn't find T3 club ? anyone make an alternative translite for T3 ?

It's on the 3rd page about half way down in "All Clubs"

#77 7 years ago

TERMINATOR 3 RELEASED!

The color ROM for T3 pinball machines has been released and is available for immediate download from the SUPPORT page of our site. T3 uses the new ColorDMD RGB LED display which has a similar form factor to the original DMD, and provides easier installation than the company's flagship LCD display.

Thanks very much to Dave Timmer for his dedicated work this year toward expanding the library of supported multicolor titles!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

T3_Kickback_(resized).PNGT3_Kickback_(resized).PNG

#78 7 years ago

Awesome news!!! I'll be picking up a T3 this Friday and will be getting the color dmd added right away.

In a sentence or two, could someone explain the differences between the lcd and led? Explain the differences as though you are talking to a seven year old

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Awesome news!!! I'll be picking up a T3 this Friday and will be getting the color dmd added right away.

Make sure you join the T3 club.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

In a sentence or two, could someone explain the differences between the lcd and led? Explain the differences as though you are talking to a seven year old

LCD is like a laptop screen. It mimics the dots from a DotMatrix display. It also has some other modes, like tile (square dots) and up-scaling, which blends the dots together to form a rough, solid image.

The new RGB LED display is like a DMD screen, with individual lights for each dot. Except now, they are multi-color. You don't get the special effects like tile or upscaling, but they are brighter. Also, the LED display is smaller, and can fit into some games the LCD screen cannot. $30 cheaper too!

#81 7 years ago

So, which is better? Which do guys prefer? The $30 difference is nominal at that range. I have always loved the lcd versions on all my games to this point.

#82 7 years ago

For T3, we're only supporting LED.

The LCD size isn't compatible with the RPG mechanism unless you disable it or make a major modification to the speaker panel.

#83 7 years ago

For T3 I believe you'll want the LED version for fitment purposes with the backbox RPG.

#84 7 years ago

Perfect! Thanks much!

#85 7 years ago

Looking forward to a video preview

4 months later
#87 7 years ago

I would also love to see a video if anyone wouldn't mind taking a one! Nothing too fancy needed

#88 7 years ago

Mine actually needs a DMD. Thing is, it was a game I had previously owned and didn't care for that much, but recently got one in a trade and have set it up hard and it's grown on me.
If I decide for it to stay put, I'll buy a color dmd for it soon and make a video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-is-back-game-45/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.