Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Dmod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone out there know what the best settings are on a colordmd for ironman VE? I just installed one and it looks like crap compared to some videos i watched. It must be the settings. I have it on big dots and contrasr 9 because i like it bright. Colordmd version 1.3

#2 6 years ago

Dunno, mine’s on DotsXL, is the LCD version, and I like it. Contrast, brightness, etc. is all factory.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Dunno, mine’s on DotsXL, is the LCD version, and I like it. Contrast, brightness, etc. is all factory.

Yeah mine is on dotsXL too. I took it out of my LOTR. I changed all the settings for LOTR from factory. It looked great in LOTR but doesn't look that good in ironman with the same settings? Maybe I'll do a factory restore if there is one. I have the lcd too. Maybe the led colordmd looks better in iron man?

#4 6 years ago

I also like dots XL.. Try the backlight at 8-9 with a contrast of 4-5. Like the way my family guy looks at that setting(8/4) on my LCD.

#5 6 years ago

I have mine on hires, turn contrast down to 2 to improve the screens with video clips. In general, games with video clips don’t look great. They look better than stock, but they are grainy. Sm is the same way.

#6 6 years ago

Stern blows out the contrast to make the scenes look better in monochrome at low res. It generally helps with flim clip based games to turn down the contrast -- just take it in steps until you find a level that you like.

#7 6 years ago

Ok so from what you guys are saying my contrast is too high at 9 and i should turn it down from 2 to 4. What about the backlight? I think i might have that at 10.

#8 6 years ago

Ok you guys were right, the contrast was way too high. Turned it down now it looks great. Thanks again

#9 6 years ago

BACKLIGHT doesn't really affect the video quality, just black level and overall light output.

CONTRAST is a nonlinear mapping of pixel values to brightness levels. Settings of 3-5 generally look best for video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-iron-man-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.