(Topic ID: 144921)

ColorDMD Iron Man Flies Again! VERSION 1.85 SUPPORT ADDED!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMXL (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20151130_174530_1.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dacron_insulation_jpg_220x220.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image.png
Tron.jpg
IMXL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

Stupid question - how do you get to upscaling mode? I just installed mine, kinda clueless on how to change that...

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

From their site:
"How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?
ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display."
Basically get access to the back of it, and then hit the button on the right (with the screen facing you the far right button). That will get you into the menu to mess with settings.

I know how to use the menu, but I don't know what causes the upscaling...that was my question.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ah, okay, so go through the menu and one of the options will let you choose between the styles, like dots, dotsXL, scan lines, tile, etc. By default it should be on dots, so look for that.

AH! I was running Sigma 2.5, upgraded, WOW that is a HUGE difference. Love Tile view!!!

#107 8 years ago

Just wanted to say I got this installed and it is pretty jaw dropping. As I was staring at it tonight on my Vault, all I could think was "this is how this game should have shipped." Looks amazing.

Also I can confirm that it works on 1.81 software. I hadn't updated to 1.83 yet because there were no rule changes and I didn't want to lose my high score. Pretty sure that 274M is a once in a lifetime event.

Doesn't keep me from attempting to repeat it though!

#120 8 years ago

For the record, I didn't bother to put foam on my IMVE. Looks spectacular just with the kit.

#138 8 years ago

Dots (not XL) for me.

3 weeks later
#213 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So what is the summary here? Without delving into all of the posts, I am interested. But The standard Iron Man is by far the worst as far as the DMD, most of the images I don't even recognize. Can you actually see what is going on with the color DMD?

Summary is this is a GREAT Color DMD release and allows you to tell what the heck was going on in those videos. Even ones you could tell, like WL MB start and Jericho start, look jaw droppingly great. Well worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-iron-man-flies-in-november?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.