(Topic ID: 144921)

ColorDMD Iron Man Flies Again! VERSION 1.85 SUPPORT ADDED!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMXL (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20151130_174530_1.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dacron_insulation_jpg_220x220.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image.png
Tron.jpg
IMXL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

Well, I know what I am ordering when I get home!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

ColorDMD for IM have sold out !!!

Pick the Sigma display. It is the same thing - make sure you get the SAM/Whitestar and NOT the WPC/WPC95.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

These aren't compatible between SAM and WPC???
I was planning on swapping the one I have in White Water to Iron Man.

I'll let DMod chime in on that one as I am not qualified to answer with complete certainty. I made an assumption that they are not compatible.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Please tell me they will get more of these in stock

Here is a message I got from DMod tonight. DMod is the main man behind ColorDMD. Hopefully, he does not mind me showing everyone this PM. Figure it will help curb some of the PMs going directly to DMod:

"I'm traveling and just got word that we're backorded on all displays. Displays are in production now and I should be able to find out tomorrow whether we'll be able to get them by Wednesday or if it will be next week."

So basically if you're on the backorder as of now, your display will prolly go out next week sometime. With the Thanksgiving weekend coming up, I'd be a bit extra patient with ColorDMD on this one.

FWIW, my ColorDMD is on backorder as well, and I am out of town on military orders until 04 Dec, so the earliest I'll get to see/play IMVE with the ColorDMD is 05-06 Dec. First world problems .

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

For the IM vault with new speaker panel. Instead of spacers, would it not be better to just grind off the 2 middle screws from the speakerpanel, so the colordmd can be closer attached to the speakerpanel and standoffs don't have to be used? Anyone tried that? off course you still need to use the pinbits clear shield, but without the standoffs less dust can go in between.
On the other hand, with the standoffs, since the screen is deeper in the speaker panel, the advantage is there's no reflection at all in the playfield glass.
I'm curious what you guys do or prefer?

I guess it depends on if you intend to keep the game. I was going to go with the "grind off" routine as well, but I was able to find the standoffs and didn't have to resort to that. Thankfully, we have a electronics DIY store here that you can get those locally.

If you intend to sell the game with the ColorDMD installed, I am sure most people wouldn't care at all if you ground the posts off. I can't imagine ANYONE would every want to go back to single color DMD. Weirder things have happened though o_o...

1 week later
#162 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it difficult to install on the VE?

Took me maybe 20 minutes tops.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just ordered one!
Excited to put my first color DMD in my Iron Man VE! Its my favourite pinball machine, and it's never going anywhere.
Hope the DMD gets here before christmas holidays.

First one? Uh oh, that's how it starts.... D:

2 weeks later
#210 8 years ago

You know what, I'll do a video later today.

Just take this into consideration : there are 2 ColorDMD releases that have caused the website to completely sell out of stock: Metallica and IM.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You know what, I'll do a video later today.
Just take this into consideration : there are 2 ColorDMD releases that have caused the website to completely sell out of stock: Metallica and IM.

So yep, for whatever reason my laptop will not transfer the file from my GoPro, so I am rendered useless here. Video won't be happening anytime soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-iron-man-flies-in-november?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.