Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dmod
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMXL (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20151130_174530_1.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dacron_insulation_jpg_220x220.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image.png
Tron.jpg
IMXL.jpg

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you own an Iron Man get this. Pictures and video don't do it justice, it's such a huge improvement over the smeary red dots.

Hope so as I'll get to play one this weekend with COLORDMD installed. Will report once back. Looking towards it.

#202 3 years ago

Here's the video from last night if you missed it live: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball/v/30173435

1 week later
#203 3 years ago

Ordered one of these on the weekend. Can't wait to put it in Iron Man and finally do those dots justice. Hopefully the holiday season doesn't slow down the already slow shipping to Canada.

#204 3 years ago

After watching the video I do have to say given the source material the colordmd is a slight improvement over it.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

After watching the video I do have to say given the source material the colordmd is a slight improvement over it.

Slight? I've played and owned IM for years, and I could swear I've never seen those videos before

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

slight improvement

#207 3 years ago

So what is the summary here? Without delving into all of the posts, I am interested. But The standard Iron Man is by far the worst as far as the DMD, most of the images I don't even recognize. Can you actually see what is going on with the color DMD?

#208 3 years ago

Take ten minutes and dive into the posts.

Yes ColorDMD improves the videos. Did you even watch the video?

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

But The standard Iron Man is by far the worst as far as the DMD, most of the images I don't even recognize.

Nah, there are worse.

#210 3 years ago

You know what, I'll do a video later today.

Just take this into consideration : there are 2 ColorDMD releases that have caused the website to completely sell out of stock: Metallica and IM.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Just take this into consideration : there are 2 ColorDMD releases that have caused the website to completely sell out of stock: Metallica and IM.

There are a ton of videos in this thread but hell yea make another

#212 3 years ago

Probably SM videos is as bad as IM.

Some images are still a bit dark but overall well worth the money.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So what is the summary here? Without delving into all of the posts, I am interested. But The standard Iron Man is by far the worst as far as the DMD, most of the images I don't even recognize. Can you actually see what is going on with the color DMD?

Summary is this is a GREAT Color DMD release and allows you to tell what the heck was going on in those videos. Even ones you could tell, like WL MB start and Jericho start, look jaw droppingly great. Well worth it.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So yep, for whatever reason my laptop will not transfer the file from my GoPro, so I am rendered useless here. Video won't be happening anytime soon.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So yep, for whatever reason my laptop will not transfer the file from my GoPro, so I am rendered useless here. Video won't be happening anytime soon.

People still use camcorders?

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Ordered one of these on the weekend. Can't wait to put it in Iron Man and finally do those dots justice. Hopefully the holiday season doesn't slow down the already slow shipping to Canada.

Be prepared to pay a hefty duty charge.
I had to pay an extra $87. When mine arrived before Christmas.

So in total a color DMD is almost $700 CDN right now. But it was worth it. It looks amazing.

#217 3 years ago

Got to play an IM with colored in it tonight and have to stand by my opinion it's a slight improvement over the original display. True it is easier to make out details of objects in color. Guess that is the limitation being exposed in colorization of the movie clips at this time, not the valiant effort of the colorer fault. Anyone who tackles that herculean task deserves thanks given the source material.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Be prepared to pay a hefty duty charge.
I had to pay an extra $87. When mine arrived before Christmas.
So in total a color DMD is almost $700 CDN right now. But it was worth it. It looks amazing.

That's brutal. Not looking forward to that.

1 week later
#219 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Got to play an IM with colored in it tonight and have to stand by my opinion it's a slight improvement over the original display. True it is easier to make out details of objects in color. Guess that is the limitation being exposed in colorization of the movie clips at this time, not the valiant effort of the colorer fault. Anyone who tackles that herculean task deserves thanks given the source material.

Finally got mine installed and I must say that I think you need to get your eyes checked

My son commented just last night...."Are those scenes from the movies!" I've had the game for eleven months....he never noticed the movie scenes before.

2 years later
#220 1 year ago

IRON MAN ROM UPDATE

The color ROM for Iron Man has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes contrast on a Monger start video and a bleed problem for the Grand Champion score.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks to Eric Priepke for the update!

IMXL (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside