(Topic ID: 144921)

ColorDMD Iron Man Flies Again! VERSION 1.85 SUPPORT ADDED!

By Dmod

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMXL (resized).jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20151130_174530_1.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
dacron_insulation_jpg_220x220.jpg
IMXL.jpg
image.png
Tron.jpg
IMXL.jpg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 8 years ago

IRON MAN FLIES IN NOVEMBER!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce that Iron Man is the 29th game to be supported by the ColorDMD pinball display platform! Iron Man contains an exciting mix of hand-drawn and live action animation that has never looked better.

A video preview is steaming from YouTube and available by clicking the image below. If you're an owner of this title, the addition of color to this title is truly game-changing.

Eric Priepke, hot off last month's Flintstones release, returns to colorize Iron Man! Iron Man joins Eric's long list of credits and contributions to the pinball hobby, including his popular game rewrite Cactus Canyon Continued!

Eric is an accomplished contributor to the ColorDMD and P-ROC communities, and also helps with setup and support of Pinball Expo. He resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children, has collected pins since 1995, and competes in the Chicago Pinball Mafia pinball league.

The ColorDMD for Iron Man pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Iron Man pinball machines is targeted for release by Wednesday, November 25!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

IMXL.jpgIMXL.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

#3 8 years ago

Great work as usual. Looks amazing!

#4 8 years ago

lOOKS GREAT ERIC

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

lOOKS GREAT ERIC

Randy is the reason it looks great. All of the heavy lifting on this game go to the tools he built for being able to use the original film scenes to do the coloring. I did the hand drawn parts manually, but that's a small portion of this overall game. Without the amazing stuff Randy pulled off to get the color importing to work, Ironman wouldn't be possible at anywhere near this level.

#6 8 years ago

NOW my IM is complete!!!!

#7 8 years ago

Any kind of thanksgiving discount ? I want Xmen and IM but the $CA is a pain in... Thanks !

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

All of the heavy lifting on this game go to the tools he built for being able to use the original film scenes to do the coloring.

I'd love to see that in action.

#9 8 years ago

I normally don't like film clips in DMD, but rendering them in color makes all the difference. It really looks like one is watching bits of the movie.

#10 8 years ago

Damn it.

Now you had to go and do it, costing me money. Actually I was concerned with the poor source material, since the orange/red DMD makes everything look like a blob on IM (And SM).

Do you still offer buy three get free shipping? (Edit : yes)

What's the deal with the new Stern back box figment? Shouldn't you guys work on a native kit since going forward they'll all have the sloped speakers? (Edit : seems like an $8 addition, is that all that's needed for IMVE?).

Finally what's the deal with Tron?

#11 8 years ago

If possible, when making these promo videos could you include the smoothed (high res) whatever it's called images as well ?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'd love to see that in action.

It's not very exiting. A little tedious and dull, actually.

#13 8 years ago

This is obviously a huge improvement over the original dots, so it is not critical but how do these colorized movie segments look in the SCAN and HIRES modes?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not very exiting. A little tedious and dull, actually.

So am I.

I actually am curious about it, even if it's not sexy. Randy's seminar at Expo a couple years ago where he talked about coloring games was actually one of my favorites.

#15 8 years ago

Already ordered.........bastards!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yeah right!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So am I.
I actually am curious about it, even if it's not sexy. Randy's seminar at Expo a couple years ago where he talked about coloring games was actually one of my favorites.

Rumor has it that the next game is Card Whiz

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

+1!!!!!!

Yeah! What is the deal with Tron?

Tron.jpgTron.jpg

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Damn it.
Now you had to go and do it, costing me money. Actually I was concerned with the poor source material, since the orange/red DMD makes everything look like a blob on IM (And SM).
Do you still offer buy three get free shipping? (Edit : yes)
What's the deal with the new Stern back box figment? Shouldn't you guys work on a native kit since going forward they'll all have the sloped speakers? (Edit : seems like an $8 addition, is that all that's needed for IMVE?).

I read you need to buy the following:

Pinbits Clear Shield and Mounting Standoffs for New Stern Cabinets

Which is $24.

I ordered a display, I didn't want to miss out on getting one in case they sell out again. Can't wait to install it!

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I read you need to buy the following:
Pinbits Clear Shield and Mounting Standoffs for New Stern Cabinets
Which is $24.
I ordered a display, I didn't want to miss out on getting one in case they sell out again. Can't wait to install it!

What's the reason for the clear shield? They sell the mounting stand off separately so is the clear shield necessary?

I'm thinking of getting 3 (XM, TSPP, and IM as my Christmas present, but not sure if my wife will agree).

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the reason for the clear shield? They sell the mounting stand off separately so is the clear shield necessary?
I'm thinking of getting 3 (XM, TSPP, and IM as my Christmas present, but not sure if my wife will agree).

IMve comes with a red tinted plexi shield...you're not gonna see any color thru red!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IMve comes with a red tinted plexi shield...you're not gonna see any color thru red!

So the clear shield is really just a dust cover? Would it hurt anything to not have one?

#23 8 years ago

I can only hope SM gets this treatment! Great job as usual. Thanks to all at Color Dmd you finish our pins like works of art.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh, I'm sure you'll find something else you need on IM!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Oh, I'm sure you'll find something else you need on IM!

Until he is playing in full IM body armor... incomplete. But the Color DMD gets him part way there

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you sure it's not a clear plexi shield with a removable red gel, like in Met Pro LED? I bet it's a gel.

#27 8 years ago

It's red plexi. MET premium's most recent run used the same. Have to order a clear shield for a colorDMD

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are you sure it's not a clear plexi shield with a removable red gel, like in Met Pro LED? I bet it's a gel.

You lose that bet. I have a IMve. It's a red plexi. Games with the new style speaker panel are using red plexi. Older games like Met, AC/DC, X-Men etc have gels.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

So the clear shield is really just a dust cover? Would it hurt anything to not have one?

Every pinball game with a display has a plexi window over it for protection. If you don't want to have it there, that's on you. I'd put one there.

#29 8 years ago

I have had a ColorDMD in my IM for over a year now. Yea there was a red plexi that I replaced with a clear screen from pinbits I think.

#30 8 years ago

Well, I know what I am ordering when I get home!

#31 8 years ago

Congrats on getting this released. Some hard work on both Randy and Eric's part!

#32 8 years ago

Snooze...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Twilight Zone please!!!!

#33 8 years ago

I would have never thought these video clip games could be colorized??? Boy was I wrong, IM looks fantastic!

#34 8 years ago

Just mind boggling.... Awesome freaking job!!!

#35 8 years ago

Id like to see it with up scaling, but I'm guessing it won't look that great....

#36 8 years ago

ColorDMD for IM have sold out !!!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

ColorDMD for IM have sold out !!!

Pick the Sigma display. It is the same thing - make sure you get the SAM/Whitestar and NOT the WPC/WPC95.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Pick the Sigma display. It is the same thing - make sure you get the SAM/Whitestar and NOT the WPC/WPC95.

cheers

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

These aren't compatible between SAM and WPC???

I was planning on swapping the one I have in White Water to Iron Man.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'll let DMod chime in on that one as I am not qualified to answer with complete certainty. I made an assumption that they are not compatible.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I believe you will need this cable kit:

http://shop.colordmd.com/cable-kit-for-wpc-wpc95/

#42 8 years ago

Correct, the DMD itself and the mounting bracket it is on are all the same. The only difference is the cable. And all the software free and swappable.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

They make it clear if there is anything special for a game. (†) May require removal or modification of lamp board or other hardware to accommodate LCD display.

#43 8 years ago

I have had a color DMD display in my IM since January and i must say in the up-scaling mode it did wonders on seeing the film clips better. But it had to be set on the right color to look good. A light purple/blue looked best to me. I am so excited to see what will happen in up-scaling with multi color.

Rob

#44 8 years ago

Stupid question - how do you get to upscaling mode? I just installed mine, kinda clueless on how to change that...

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Stupid question - how do you get to upscaling mode? I just installed mine, kinda clueless on how to change that...

From their site:

"How can I change the settings on my ColorDMD display?

ColorDMD controller boards include a simple four-button menu system for changing and saving display settings. The right button is used to enter the menu system. Then left and right buttons move through the adjustable settings which currently include color, display style, backlight, and mounting position. The inner buttons are used to modify settings. The "SAVE AND EXIT" screen allows new settings to be stored to the display."

Basically get access to the back of it, and then hit the button on the right (with the screen facing you the far right button). That will get you into the menu to mess with settings.

#46 8 years ago

Thanks. I bought the SAM wiring kit.

#47 8 years ago

Please tell me they will get more of these in stock

#48 8 years ago

Hope SM will be next. I have another $400.00 burning a hole in my wallet right now LOL

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Here is a message I got from DMod tonight. DMod is the main man behind ColorDMD. Hopefully, he does not mind me showing everyone this PM. Figure it will help curb some of the PMs going directly to DMod:

"I'm traveling and just got word that we're backorded on all displays. Displays are in production now and I should be able to find out tomorrow whether we'll be able to get them by Wednesday or if it will be next week."

So basically if you're on the backorder as of now, your display will prolly go out next week sometime. With the Thanksgiving weekend coming up, I'd be a bit extra patient with ColorDMD on this one.

FWIW, my ColorDMD is on backorder as well, and I am out of town on military orders until 04 Dec, so the earliest I'll get to see/play IMVE with the ColorDMD is 05-06 Dec. First world problems .

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

It was mentioned in the Ironman announcement that they expect another batch of displays back from manufacturing any day now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-iron-man-flies-in-november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.