(Topic ID: 165492)

ColorDMD Introduces New RGB LED Display!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0695[1] (resized).JPG
    IMGA0694[1] (resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    LED_advertisement_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budwin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

LED is a more robust technology than LCD.

Lower power, longer life, more robust (temperature range).......

IMHO matches original DMD look better and really is enhanced by colorization.

Not to mention the better fit in the cabinet.

Some do really like the smoothing that the LCD allows that is not available on the LED.

Really you should look at both before committing....

1 week later
    #69 7 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

actually i just purchased a sigma LCD display for congo.. should i have got this one? 30 clams cheaper?

I waited for the LED for my Congo, but I did see the LCD Sigma (green selected) in a Congo in person. (Butterflygirl's Congo)

Very impressive, so much so I bought a Congo to restore.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/7#post-1913262

I just wanted to try the newest thing (LED) for my Congo since there is no colorization for either yet.

One thing about LCDs is storing in very low or high temperatures can damage them ('liquid' in LCD and all)

Bud

#77 7 years ago

Dmod,

It seems that it would be an automated process to update ColorDMD LCD ROM files to operate on the ColorDMD LED platform.

Can you provide some insight about the plans and time table involved for using ColorDMD LED displays with all supported games?

Thanks, my ColorDMD LED works great BTW.
    Bud

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider budwin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-introduces-new-rgb-led-display?tu=budwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.