9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dluth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So my kids want me to take the ColorDMD out of Indiana Jones and put it into Twilight Zone - with the IJ code still installed - and see how it plays. I like the fact they're running with the Twilight Zone theme so I agreed. Am I going to blow anything up? I don't want to fry a $500 piece of equipment (let alone my TZ). But I am kind of intrigued as to what's going to happen.

#2 9 years ago

Since they did not release TZ yet. All you will have are the Sigma features. Choose a solid color and a render setting. In this case people use White. But no, you wont blow anything up but it wont be all that amazing since it is not colored yet.

#3 9 years ago

The white DMD images that I have seen on TZ, look nice.

#4 9 years ago

But if the IJ firmware is still loaded onto the DMD then won't IJ come up? Or will it work out it's in a different machine and default to Sigma mode?

#5 9 years ago

Sigma is a different code, so you need to download and install it via USB memory stick. You can get it from the color DMD site. Although it might work without Sigma, you can't select the high res scaling option which looks very good on TZ.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

So my kids want me to take the ColorDMD out of Indiana Jones and put it into Twilight Zone - with the IJ code still installed - and see how it plays. I like the fact they're running with the Twilight Zone theme so I agreed. Am I going to blow anything up? I don't want to fry a $500 piece of equipment (let alone my TZ). But I am kind of intrigued as to what's going to happen.

Nothing exciting I'm afraid. We only add color on top of the game's video output, so you won't see IJ frames coming out of your TZ.

No explosions. It will just display the normal TZ video in the default color used for unrecognized frames.

#7 9 years ago

Kids disappointed, wanted to see Indy lost in the Zone!

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to the real TZ ColorDMD!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-indiana-zones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.