1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to Randy. I was having trouble doing a firmware update and getting frustrated. I dropped an email and as always, Randy answered within minutes. He stuck with me troubleshooting until I finally figured out that although I was typing in the title of the update as "colordmd.rom" ( uploading to an older display), my computer was automatically adding another ".ROM" at the end that I couldn't see until I clicked on "details". All I had to do was type "colordmd" and it worked fine.
    This might be common knowledge to computer peeps, but I was stumped and he was more than patient with me and got me up and running again. Great guy who stands behind his great product

#2 1 year ago

Yeah, doesn’t get much better than colordmd, great product and great service. Just put one in my RS and one in my wH20, so easy and work perfectly.

#3 1 year ago

great company and people to deal with!

#4 1 year ago

great service is right!

I had a question and posted just here on Pinside and within an hour the guys from Color DMD answered my question.

#5 1 year ago

I love to mod my games out this is the first mod that goes in every time. Worth every penny. And the work color dmd crew puts in is really impressive. They know how to run a business and costumer support is the best out there imo.

#6 1 year ago

I have games in storage for another year until I get back “home” and already bought the displays for them because they truly are the best. Quality and customer service - 5 stars!!!!

#7 1 year ago

Randy is second to none! I’ve had several issues over the years and he’s been top notch in responding and service.

#8 1 year ago

Randy has been great to work with. I had a back and forth email troubleshooting convo with him on a Saturday night. Very helpful.

3 weeks later
    #9 11 months ago

Installed colordmd in Dr Who and it looks great!
    I now have one in TOM, CFTBL and DR Who.
    Great product, between that and Pin Stadiums and Pinsound it is a whole new game.

#10 11 months ago

so what happens when a game gets new code? do we have to wait for color DMD to produce a new version and upload after we update the actual machine code? getting prepared for that eventual ghostbuster update. also, what happens if you were to play the new code without updating the color DMD?

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from TonLoc777:

so what happens when a game gets new code? do we have to wait for color DMD to produce a new version and upload after we update the actual machine code? getting prepared for that eventual ghostbuster update. also, what happens if you were to play the new code without updating the color DMD?

Colordmd is quick to update after a stern code update. Then you update the colordmd.
    In the meantime, some new animations may not be in color. It's no problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    $ 248.85
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 8.95
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 339.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside