Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPT_Aces_Border.png
WPT_Ensemble.png
WPT_Aces_Border.png
#1 8 years ago

COLORDMD GOES ALL IN ON GAME 27!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce support for it's 27th multicolor title, World Poker Tour! Pressing our luck? WPT is the 13th new supported release for 2015! It is also joins ACDC, MET, and XMEN as the fourth title from ColorDMD to combine color with the extended shading of the SAM platform.

World Poker Tour was colored by Dan Czupryna. A pinball enthusiast since childhood, Dan (danczaz@Pinside) has enjoyed becoming more active in the pinball community and actively contributes on Pinside. We're excited to share Dan's work on WPT and look forward to collaborating on future projects!

World Poker Tour.pngWorld Poker Tour.png

Dan is an engineering graduate of the University of Arizona and has spent the last ten years working in the automotive industry. He resides in Chicagoland with his family, and welcomed his first child, Bode, earlier this year. When Dan's not playing pinball or spending time with family, you'll likely find him grinding it out in a poker tournament somewhere in the Midwest!

The WPT ColorDMD shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, and Whitestar platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles. All ROMs support six different rendering styles including high-resolution upscaling.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for WPT pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, September 18!

Watch our site and Facebook page for upcoming previews from World Poker Tour, as well as upcoming announcements regarding new product updates and releases!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#2 8 years ago

Wow so soon after xmen? Looks great!

#3 8 years ago

Cool!

Can you guys please do Congo next!

#4 8 years ago

Love how your company and the community have come together to get so many of these produced this year, excellent work, and an awesome product.

#5 8 years ago

And you will announce Transformers in the next week then I suppose?

#6 8 years ago

It is great to see more Sterns getting colorized.

#7 8 years ago

Any chance on tron or star trek this year?

#9 8 years ago

Hope everyone enjoys WPT in color! It was a fun project and can't wait to do it again!

#10 8 years ago

Excellent. Perfect game too, hopefully will distract from the translite.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Hope everyone enjoys WPT in color! It was a fun project and can't wait to do it again!

Can't wait to see it in action. Why not post your collection so we all can see what project you may choose next.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can't wait to see it in action. Why not post your collection so we all can see what project you may choose next.

Dan's collection is changing so fast it would be too hard to keep the list current

Great job Dan on the WPT ColorDMD

#13 8 years ago

WPT is a great game with great dots. Wish I still had one now!

#14 8 years ago

Congrats Dan! Nice to see this one done! I looks great!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Excellent. Perfect game too, hopefully will distract from the translite.

I have the alternate translite!!!

#16 8 years ago

I made my collection private just for this reason... Hate to get someone's hopes up plus it ruins the surprise reveal!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Dan's collection is changing so fast it would be too hard to keep the list current
Great job Dan on the WPT ColorDMD

Crazy last month! Collection flipped upside down! But have two pins that I want to do Colordmd for them...next pin might even be in pinside top 100

#18 8 years ago

Can't wait to see it in action.

Just shot video today so hopefully it should not be too long of a wait for video...only a 30 minute video for Randy to chop down...

#19 8 years ago

I beta tested this game for Dan. I think everyone will be very pleased with the results. He did a great job on it! I originally planned to move the ColorDMD over to my Shadow once I was done testing it, but I've gotten so used to the colored dots on WPT that I simply can't bring myself to remove it. I guess I'll just have to buy another one for Shadow.

#20 8 years ago

Wow, thank you Dan. I don't have an extra Color DMD at the moment, but I always thought my WPT would be worthy of coloring (in terms of gameplay, software and dots).

Time to shuffle up and deal...

#21 8 years ago

And a big thanks to Brian (gweempose) and Justin (fattrain) for doing the Beta testing!!!

#22 8 years ago

are we ever going to see twilight zone ?

#23 8 years ago

I hope someone does sopranos one day...soon

#24 8 years ago

Are you guys going to do free color dmd pickup at Pinball Expo?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

And a big thanks to Brian (gweempose) and Justin (fattrain) for doing the Beta testing!!!

happy to beta Congo when it is ready!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

happy to beta Congo when it is ready!

He should do Solar Fire next!

#27 8 years ago

I heard Centigrade 37 is next up.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Sweet!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I'll take one.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Are you guys going to do free color dmd pickup at Pinball Expo?

We will have a booth at Expo 2015 and plan to bring a limited number of displays for free pickup. Best to order in advance to make sure we will have one for you. Contact us at [email protected] and we'll let you know when Expo pickup has been added to the store site.

#31 8 years ago

Here are some frame grabs from the upcoming WPT release later this week! Displays shipping now from shop.colordmd.com.

WPT_Preview.pngWPT_Preview.png

#32 8 years ago

In case you find not see video yet..

#33 8 years ago

Wow! This looks like one of the better ones. So far all of the Stern SAM games have really looked great.

#34 8 years ago

The excellent rendering for this 27th ColorDMD makes me really sad that I sold my WPT earlier this year!

#35 8 years ago

Title updated and video link added to original post. Releasing this Friday!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow! This looks like one of the better ones. So far all of the Stern SAM games have really looked great.

The extra levels of shading on the SAM games really make the colored versions come alive.

#37 8 years ago

WORLD POKER TOUR COLORDMD ROM RELEASED!!

The color ROM to support World Poker Tour pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our SUPPORT page.

Thanks to Dan Czupryna for doing a great job with this title!

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

WPT_Aces_Border.pngWPT_Aces_Border.png

1 month later
#38 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

My pleasure buddy!!! I watched people jam some games on the one at expo and heard very positive reviews! A lot of great colored screens!

#39 8 years ago

Glad to hear people liked it!!

#40 8 years ago

I really like the color DMD on my WPT. Great job! I especially like the colors on "Steal the Blinds."

6 months later
#41 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I beta tested this game for Dan. I think everyone will be very pleased with the results. He did a great job on it! I originally planned to move the ColorDMD over to my Shadow once I was done testing it, but I've gotten so used to the colored dots on WPT that I simply can't bring myself to remove it. I guess I'll just have to buy another one for Shadow.

Updated ROM released that colored the missing "Super Trick" mini-mode... Thanks again for pointing this out Brian.

#42 7 years ago

COLORDMD WPT 3.2 UPDATE

An update to the color ROM for World Poker Tour has been posted to our firmware SUPPORT page and is now available for download!

Thanks very much to Dan Czupryna for this update!

3.2: (05/05/15) Added color for Super Trick mini mode.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

https://www.facebook.com/colordmd/posts/1279815845380735

5 months later
#43 7 years ago

I've got this on my WPT and I'm digging it. Is there a place to report uncolored frames? Here are the issues I've seen:
One or more of the screens shown for making shots during the bluffing mode
Some of the animations when hitting the Ace in the Hole bars to work toward opening them up there second and subsequent times around
Operator menus
Longer high score names displayed in attract mode (usually 9 or 10 characters long) don't get fully committed red; the edges are white

1 month later
#44 7 years ago
Quoted from tjtjtjtj:

I've got this on my WPT and I'm digging it. Is there a place to report uncolored frames? Here are the issues I've seen:
One or more of the screens shown for making shots during the bluffing mode
Some of the animations when hitting the Ace in the Hole bars to work toward opening them up there second and subsequent times around
Operator menus
Longer high score names displayed in attract mode (usually 9 or 10 characters long) don't get fully committed red; the edges are white

Just saw this.. I sold my WPT but if I get another I will come back to this thread and try and make all updates as possible.

Hope you enjoy it looks rad in color!

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-goes-all-in-on-game-27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.