Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5206 (resized).jpg
    gb_mounted (resized).JPG
    gb_standoff (resized).JPG
    gasket (resized).JPG
    GB_w_Posts (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_side (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_side (resized).JPG
    4EE58A3E-45D2-4CCE-9E93-EF8D1682236D (resized).jpeg
    8A4B140C-9115-4560-B8DD-11103077436A (resized).jpeg
    6CF346FB-A3D2-435A-8A00-EBAB61FE032B (resized).jpeg
    63C72945-D460-4653-91BD-95F421F7B852 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    dmd-stretch (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

Fantastic idea.

Pm sent

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Here's some of the foam samples I checked with a handheld torch as I was working on a final candidate. I wish I had saved all the samples I tried, but these are a pretty representative 3.
    Early foam was so flammable (and didn't self-extinguish) I took the torch away to take a picture before it got out of hand in the test:

The minicel was pretty resistant (most of the flame in this picture is going around the foam and not burning it) and DID self-extinguish after a while, but I couldn't get this in dark black like this sample they sent me and its performance wasn't as awesome as I wanted:

After a search with help from a number of people across the country that do foam for a living, I settled on a hybrid foam that is acceptably flame resistant (it takes a direct blast from the torch for a few seconds before catching fire) and self-extinguishes:

I'm not making these gaskets to burn with mini-torches, but I wanted to be reasonably certain they had at least SOME decent fire resistance, so I ran these tests on the way to selecting the final material to use.

Thanks very much for taking the time to do this and post. Great work and very much appreciated! I am looking forward to getting our one when they are ready.

1 month later
    #37 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the factory's busy time of the year, so it's taken a while to get those samples back. I have tracking now and they'll finally be here Wed. When they get here, I'll check them out and also send one of the samples to ColorDMD (keeping them in the loop). Unless there's something horribly wrong, I'll shortly place the factory order for the full run and paypal requests for those on the "interested" list will go out soon.

Thanks for the update. Great work, I am looking forward to getting our one. Thanks very much for your efforts, much appreciated.

3 weeks later
    #56 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Paypal requests have gone out, so check your spam if you didn't see it. I had to adjust the material to make it 1/8" thicker (to be 100% sure there was no light bleed) which cost a bit more, but I didn't change the price for the people on the advance list here. When it shows up later on the Pinside market and elsewhere, it'll be a few bucks more.

Payment made, We look forward to getting one soon. Thanks very much for your time and effort making these, much appreciated!

1 month later
    #69 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this, we are patient and appreciate your QC. Better than most!

1 month later
    #143 5 years ago

Ours arrived yesterday in Australia and we fitted today. Thanks very much Vireland. Awesome idea!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #146 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad it made it okay! Thanks for posting pics of the install!

When you are ready could we have 2 more please?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.