Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5206 (resized).jpg
    gb_mounted (resized).JPG
    gb_standoff (resized).JPG
    gasket (resized).JPG
    GB_w_Posts (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_side (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_side (resized).JPG
    4EE58A3E-45D2-4CCE-9E93-EF8D1682236D (resized).jpeg
    8A4B140C-9115-4560-B8DD-11103077436A (resized).jpeg
    6CF346FB-A3D2-435A-8A00-EBAB61FE032B (resized).jpeg
    63C72945-D460-4653-91BD-95F421F7B852 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    dmd-stretch (resized).jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 5 years ago

I got mine. Will put it on my Luci soon. thanks!

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bangback:

I got mine. Will put it on my Luci soon. thanks!

Looking forward to seeing the install!

#103 5 years ago

Love this product. No light through the sides at all.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #104 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Love this product. No light through the sides at all.
    [quoted image]

Awesome. The people that have speaker lights like you, especially, will notice a huge difference when there's no light bleed at all coming from the sides.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

All the domestic US preorders are confirmed delivered now! If you didn't get yours PM me and I'll check the tracking.

Im vacation in Seattle till monday. However its going in my Acdc Premium. Im very greatful you did this for our community.
    Harley D.

#106 5 years ago

Had never installed a color dmd on a metal frame before. The gap is unreal. I couldn’t imagine the install without this product. Hoping you will keep these in stock going forward when I purchases color dmd for some of my other games. Thanks again
    A+++++++

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Had never installed a color dmd on a metal frame before. The gap is unreal. I couldn’t imagine the install without this product. Hoping you will keep these in stock going forward when I purchases color dmd for some of my other games. Thanks again
    A+++++++

I assume people will continue to want these as they see them for themselves somewhere or try one and want more. I made some extras (and ColorDMD and BAA bought some I assume they will sell soon as well), but I can always do another factory run once enough demand has built up again. As you now know, once you see how it works, you can't imagine the install on a Stern machine with an angled metal panel without it!

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

A+++++++

Agreed. I don't get why colordmd didn't come up with a solution for that gap. It just looks bad and allows dust/dirt to get all over the display. With vireland's gasket, it just looks right. You don't even notice that the display is set back a good bit.

#109 5 years ago

Received mine and plan to install this week. Thanks for coming up with these! Really makes the install of the ColorDMD look like it came from the factory that way!

#110 5 years ago

Installed and looks great in GoT Pro. Couldn't be happier, thank you!

#111 5 years ago

I assume we are going to need this for the new GB color dmd? Please add me to the new list if so.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

I assume we are going to need this for the new GB color dmd? Please add me to the new list if so.

If you go with LCD, then you'll want one. ColorDMD said they will have some at expo, I don't know when they'll add them to their site. You can still get them direct from me if you PM me your email address and how many you want.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Installed and looks great in GoT Pro. Couldn't be happier, thank you!

GoT was the first machine I tested these on. I did about 4 iterations of the design with just that machine before it was close to being done and I started trying the gasket on some other ColorDMD installs here. It really looks so much better with it.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT was the first machine I tested these on. I did about 4 iterations of the design with just that machine before it was close to being done and I tried it on some others. It really looks so much better with it.

Makes a world of difference. Appreciate all the iterations.
    Even with normal weatherstripping in there prior, I had to turn the backbox lights way down to keep light bleed out. The gasket fits great, backbox lights cranked back up. Excellent job!

#115 5 years ago

Yay no more light leak, thanks! Great product!

2018-10-14 18.51.37 (resized).jpg2018-10-14 18.51.37 (resized).jpg
    #116 5 years ago

I'll be using it on my Ghostbusters. All coming together nicely!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Yeah, I wish I knew how close Ghostbusters was this close to release - I would have made more extras. I think that will sell a lot of these gaskets by itself. Once you've seen how it works, it's pretty much mandatory for ColorDMD on all angled speaker panel machines.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I wish I knew how close Ghostbusters was this close to release - I would have made more extras. I think that will sell a lot of these gaskets by itself. Once you've seen how it works, it's pretty much mandatory for ColorDMD on all angled speaker panel machines.

Another little perk with the gasket install....before the gasket was installed, with or without weatherstripping I had an annoying rattle/vibration in the speaker panel area on GoT. With Flipper Fidelity upgrade speakers.
    After the gasket install, annoying rattle is completely gone. Nice vibration absorber too

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Another little perk with the gasket install....before the gasket was installed, with or without weatherstripping I had an annoying rattle/vibration in the speaker panel area on GoT. With Flipper Fidelity upgrade speakers.
    After the gasket install, annoying rattle is completely gone. Nice vibration absorber too

Haha! Another bullet point for the marketing!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Yep. I'll be putting it in and running Sigma roms until the color rom is released Friday. Been waiting for this one for a long time! Having the gaskets finished is just icing on the cake.

#121 5 years ago

Took pictures of the full Ghostbusters ColorDMD with gasket install process and put it in the Ghostbusters ColorDMD thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters/page/2#post-4645130
    GB_05 (resized).jpgGB_05 (resized).jpgGB_11 (resized).jpgGB_11 (resized).jpg

#122 5 years ago

If you're on the fence, I have less than 15 of these left. I thought I made a lot of extras, but Ghostbusters unexpected release supercharged demand...

I will make more, but it will be a delay once these 15 are gone.

#123 5 years ago

I'll take one - sent you a PM.

#124 5 years ago

These things are fantastic! I got one for Star Trek and one for Ghostbusters. They work great! If you on the fence it is the best compliment
    for Color DMD in the newer Stern's with the metal panel. Looks like it came form the factory this way.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

These things are fantastic! I got one for Star Trek and one for Ghostbusters. They work great! If you on the fence it is the best compliment
    for Color DMD in the newer Stern's with the metal panel. Looks like it came form the factory this way.

Thanks for the compliment! It really does finish the ColorDMD install with a clean, factory look.

#126 5 years ago

Got and installed mine today in my GB. Fit is excellent. Didn't realize how much polish this would ad to the installation. Thanks!

#127 5 years ago

6 of these left for sale.

#128 5 years ago

Just put in my KISSLE ( yes Kiss..SIGMA single color for now)....Fit and look are awesome!!!..On to STLE....

#129 5 years ago

In for 3. Sending PM now if any are left.

#130 5 years ago

PM sent for 1 if any left.

#131 5 years ago

I’ll take the last 2 if still available. Pm sent.

#132 5 years ago

That's all folks. Sold out until I get more made. Thanks for the support of this project!

#133 5 years ago

I installed three of these today in my GoT, TWD and MET. The fit is perfect, and installation took five minutes tops per machine. I simply can't say enough good things about this product. There is absolutely no light bleed from the backbox or the speaker lights, and it's nice knowing that they are made out of a flame resistant material. Anyone who owns a game with the angled backbox and an LCD ColorDMD should grab one of these pronto!

#134 5 years ago

I'm in for a few when you get a new batch made.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That's all folks. Sold out until I get more made. Thanks for the support of this project!

If you are keeping a notify list for the next run, please include me.

Thanks!

#136 5 years ago

I too, am in for a few when a new batch is made.

#137 5 years ago

Please put me down for one in the next batch!

#138 5 years ago

After we got the gaskets that were not wide enough, I tried them on a few machines, and I actually kind of liked the fit (the neoprene blend is stretchy even though the foam is dense), so I sent a number of samples to pinsiders to try and see if they liked it, too. Response was unanimous - they liked them. So I'm going to offer the "DMD Stretch" versions that are about 12% narrower, but stretch to the same size with a more taut frame.

Since they were a factory error and cheaper for me as a result, they will cost less than the regular gaskets until I run out. $15 + $5 shipping instead of $22+$5 shipping $7 less overall per gasket.

If any of the pinsiders that tried it want to chime in, feel free to share your experience with them. They have DMD Stretch embossed on the end to easily tell them apart from the regular ones.

dmd-stretch (resized).jpgdmd-stretch (resized).jpg

PM me if you want one or more and give me your email and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

#139 5 years ago

I was one of the people who tested out the narrower gasket for Vic. In fact, I currently have one installed in my GoT. It works just as well as the normal size one and is a great bargain at $15. Grab 'em while you can!

#140 5 years ago

Yup, I tried one as well. Zero difference from the “correct” ones I also installed. Great deal and well worth it.

#141 5 years ago

Pm’ed I will take one

#142 5 years ago

I installed one of the "narrower" ones on my AD/DC and it worked great!

#143 5 years ago

Ours arrived yesterday in Australia and we fitted today. Thanks very much Vireland. Awesome idea!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #144 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ours arrived yesterday in Australia and we fitted today. Thanks very much Vireland. Awesome idea!
    [quoted image]

Glad it made it okay! Thanks for posting pics of the install!

#145 5 years ago

Sign me up for one. Need to add it to Ghostbusters.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad it made it okay! Thanks for posting pics of the install!

When you are ready could we have 2 more please?

#147 5 years ago

Got my gaskets! Need my colordmds :-p

1 week later
    #148 5 years ago

Going to be buying a color dmd for my TWD looking for another gasket. Worked awesome on my STLE

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Going to be buying a color dmd for my TWD looking for another gasket. Worked awesome on my STLE

ColorDMD has a few left of the original ones in their store here:
    http://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket/

I have the slightly more taut DMD Stretch ones for $15+ $5 shipping. PM me if you want one of those.

#150 5 years ago

I put the stretch version in my met and gb and they are great. My son said “ya can’t even see it”, and I explained to him that in this case- that’s the idea

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels/page/3?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.