Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pickle
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5206 (resized).jpg
    gb_mounted (resized).JPG
    gb_standoff (resized).JPG
    gasket (resized).JPG
    GB_w_Posts (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_side (resized).JPG
    LOTR_w_spacers_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_front (resized).JPG
    LOTR_attached_side (resized).JPG
    4EE58A3E-45D2-4CCE-9E93-EF8D1682236D (resized).jpeg
    8A4B140C-9115-4560-B8DD-11103077436A (resized).jpeg
    6CF346FB-A3D2-435A-8A00-EBAB61FE032B (resized).jpeg
    63C72945-D460-4653-91BD-95F421F7B852 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    dmd-stretch (resized).jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Paypal requests have gone out, so check your spam if you didn't see it. I had to adjust the material to make it 1/8" thicker (to be 100% sure there was no light bleed) which cost a bit more, but I didn't change the price for the people on the advance list here. When it shows up later on the Pinside market and elsewhere, it'll be a few bucks more.

Didn't receive a PayPal request, but am still interested..Thx

#52 5 years ago

Paid. Thanks again for doing this and spending all the time to get it right.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Paid. Thanks again for doing this and spending all the time to get it right.

I think everyone will be pretty happy when they have these in hand. They really clean up the install and cut WAY down on getting dust on the backside of the plastic in front of the LCD since that area is essentially sealed off once this is in place.

#54 5 years ago

Sent my payment this morning as well. Thanks!

#55 5 years ago

Paid!

Thanks for doing this!

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Paypal requests have gone out, so check your spam if you didn't see it. I had to adjust the material to make it 1/8" thicker (to be 100% sure there was no light bleed) which cost a bit more, but I didn't change the price for the people on the advance list here. When it shows up later on the Pinside market and elsewhere, it'll be a few bucks more.

Payment made, We look forward to getting one soon. Thanks very much for your time and effort making these, much appreciated!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Payment made, We look forward to getting one soon. Thanks very much for your time and effort making these, much appreciated!

They're underway, so probably another 2 weeks at the factory, then about 4-5 days back to me and they'll ship out.

This turned into a bigger project than I intended, but it's going to work for a lot of people now instead of just me, so bonus!

1 week later
    #58 5 years ago

I'm expecting these to ship from the factory sometime later this week, but we're still waiting to hear that they have a gap in their production of much larger jobs and have run my small job. Once they ship, it's about 5 business days to me (other coast), and then out to all the people that preordered.

#59 5 years ago

I am interested in one. How do I order/get on a list?

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

I am interested in one. How do I order/get on a list?

I have a few cancellations, so you can just PM me your invoice and how many you want and I'll put you in one of those spots and send you a paypal invoice.

1 week later
    #61 5 years ago

Just got an email from the factory. They are finally cutting this job tomorrow and it will ship out to me by the 31st. So I should have them to ship out late next week.

1 week later
    #62 5 years ago

Got tracking for the gaskets shipment today. They didn't ship before the holiday weekend, but went today. That means I should have them next Monday and I can start shipping these out at last! Thanks for the patience. It'll be worth the wait.

1 week later
    #63 5 years ago

Gaskets arrived yesterday night. A pic of the inside of one of the boxes is below. Look beautiful, but they're wrong. Somehow on the run that mattered - the production run (the sample runs came back fine), they scaled the width by about 12% (but not the height), so they don't fit and the holes left to right don't line up. So they have to re-run the whole thing. Sorry guys, this was unexpected. We're about 10 days out on getting the replacements.

gaskets_09-10-18 (resized).jpggaskets_09-10-18 (resized).jpg
    #64 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry guys, this was unexpected. We're about 10 days out on getting the replacements.

No rush for me. Thanks for doing a QC check before shipping.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

No rush for me. Thanks for doing a QC check before shipping.

I was like, "I really want to get these boxed up and out, but I better do a test fit to make sure nothing changed..."

Thank god I did. 12% less width is a BIG change. Factory says it was a "calibration issue", but it seems like they'd compare the first couple that came off to the approved sample before running all of them...they didn't.

Anyway, thanks for hanging in there on this! Pinball is, apparently, actually hard sometimes...

#66 5 years ago

Appreciate the update and your QC!!

#67 5 years ago

All good, thanks again for all your hard work.

#68 5 years ago

No worries here $hit happens...thanks for the update

#69 5 years ago

Thanks for doing this, we are patient and appreciate your QC. Better than most!

#70 5 years ago

That sucks. Good thing you checked them out. No worries here either.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

That sucks. Good thing you checked them out. No worries here either.

Yes, yes it does, but it would have sucked a lot more if I had sent out 20 or 30 before checking them. Fortunately I caught the issue before any postage or boxes were wasted. Pretty sure the factory will be double and triple checking before they send out the replacements.

#72 5 years ago

Just got an update from the factory. The new material will be there Monday and they'll recut the gaskets (correctly, this time) on Tuesday.

#73 5 years ago

Factory finally sent these out today, and I have tracking. I should have them next Tues/Wed to ship out to everyone who ordered. Almost there!

#74 5 years ago

Outstanding!

#75 5 years ago

The correctly-sized gaskets have arrived! I'll be sending them out over the next few days. Should have it all out by Saturday. I believe the postage label printer will email the tracking when the label is printed so you'll each have tracking when yours goes out.

#76 5 years ago

All the domestic gaskets are shipped. Should have international out by Saturday.

#77 5 years ago

Do you have any extras to sell?

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

All the domestic gaskets are shipped. Should have international out by Saturday.

Yay I cant wait to install on my GoT. Thanks!

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Yay I cant wait to install on my GoT. Thanks!

I think everyone will be quite pleased with the difference these make sealing off side and top light (and dust) from the screen face.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Do you have any extras to sell?

I have more to sell (and ColorDMD/BAA will have them, but dunno their price), but the price will be going up a few bucks because it turns out I lowballed the shipping and shipping materials cost and the material itself was a little more. But if you PM me today your email, I'll pretend you were a preorder and send you a paypal invoice for the original preorder price.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

great news!!!

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I have more to sell (and ColorDMD/BAA will have them, but dunno their price), but the price will be going up a few bucks because it turns out I lowballed the shipping and shipping materials cost and the material itself was a little more.

Vic, I would hate to see you eat any unexpected costs for a mod that you generously made available for others’ benefit. I don’t mind paying a higher price, so please invoice me for the cost delta on the two units that I ordered, and I’ll happily reimburse you. Think of it as an approved change order.

Thanks once again for making this mod available.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Vic, I would hate to see you eat any unexpected costs for a mod that you generously made available for others’ benefit. I don’t mind paying a higher price, so please invoice me for the cost delta on the two units that I ordered, and I’ll happily reimburse you. Think of it as an approved change order.
    Thanks once again for making this mod available.

Nah. Don't worry about it. The slightly higher price for the remaining ones I sell will make up for it. I'm happy with sticking with the price I originally quoted everyone. Besides, you all waited four MONTHS when the outside estimate was initially four WEEKS.

#84 5 years ago

About 3/4 of these have been delivered as of today. All other domestic US (except one with an address issue and a couple stragglers that ordered late) should have theirs in hand by tomorrow at the latest.

#86 5 years ago

Got mine. Thanks!

#87 5 years ago

Got mine today - thanks!

#88 5 years ago

Got mine and just installed it. Perfect fit! Fills entire gap so no more light bleeding into display area from backbox. Very happy with that. Thanks, vireland!

20181009_174008 (resized).jpg20181009_174008 (resized).jpg20181009_174227 (resized).jpg20181009_174227 (resized).jpg
    #89 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Got mine and just installed it. Perfect fit! Fills entire gap so no more light bleeding into display area from backbox. Very happy with that. Thanks, vireland!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting your install. Love seeing the sides of the screen having no light at all coming in. Also, when people install theirs, clean the plastic and the LCD as they will probably both be dusty. Once the gasket is installed, it should substantially cut down on dust in that area in the future.

#90 5 years ago

Just got mine. Thank you! Cant wait to try this out on my TWD lcd. Will post pics when I do.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just got mine. Thank you! Cant wait to try this out on my TWD lcd. Will post pics when I do.

TWD was one of the machines I used for testing when developing these. It looks great with the screen area darker. Definitely post before/after pics once you get time to install it!

#92 5 years ago

Got mine. Thanks!

#93 5 years ago

Thanks again bro. Great job! Got mine in the mail today.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Thanks again bro. Great job! Got mine in the mail today.

No problem! Now get busy with the installation pics! What's it going in?

#95 5 years ago

All the domestic US preorders are confirmed delivered now! If you didn't get yours PM me and I'll check the tracking.

#96 5 years ago

I received mine yesterday and just installed it in my Metallica premium. It was a perfect fit not allowing any of the back glass light to shine through when viewed on an angle. This OCD guy could not be happier!! If your on the fence about ordering one of these, just order it. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Vic for taking the time to design and have these made for us Pinsiders...Your a standup guy. Now if you can design a hammer magnet board for Stern that works in my Met. I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks Again, Dean

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from GT-500:

I received mine yesterday and just installed it in my Metallica premium. It was a perfect fit not allowing any of the back glass light to shine through when viewed on an angle. This OCD guy could not be happier!! If your on the fence about ordering one of these, just order it. You won't be disappointed. Thanks Vic for taking the time to design and have these made for us Pinsiders...Your a standup guy. Now if you can design a hammer magnet board for Stern that works in my Met. I'd be a happy camper.
    Thanks Again, Dean

Haha! That magnet board is a PAIN. Went through 3 or 4 of them before Stern decided maybe my CPU board was killing it. They replaced the CPU board and magnet board the last time and I didn't have another magnet board problem after that.

Glad the gasket met OCD levels of performance expectation. Very glad to have these finally out in the wild.

#98 5 years ago

Received mine and installing it after the York show ends on Saturday. Thanks again for a great product.

#99 5 years ago

Received mine as well. This weekend I shall install all 4!

#100 5 years ago

Got mine installed as well. Love it!

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels/page/2?hl=evanc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.