GB_extra_ball.jpg
GB3x (resized).JPG
GB2x (resized).JPG
GB1x (resized).JPG
20181026_123646 (resized).jpg
20181026_123949 (resized).jpg
20181026_124013 (resized).jpg
20181026_124111 (resized).jpg
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

How is the contrast set on your display?

The default setting of 5 should be similar to the original display. If it’s set higher you’re boosting the dark levels at the expense of separation between the different shades.

Try turning the contrast down to 3 or 4 to make the darker intensities appear darker.

#102 5 years ago

Just want to thank the color dmd team on a job well done on the Ghostbusters color dmd. It really brings the game to life. I can’t stop playing the game!! Thanks again for making the color dmd on this one.

A745D397-6A7B-4E8A-B5D2-C6814A9BFD03 (resized).jpegA745D397-6A7B-4E8A-B5D2-C6814A9BFD03 (resized).jpeg
#103 5 years ago

ColorDMD, after a getting a free ball, and then drain... the message "Shoot Again" looks like old faded red sign, or am I the only one seeing that? anyone see that as well?

just nit picking here...
Champion & high scores vs the players initials "purples" seem to similar, can a change be made to bring more contrast? I really enjoy the contrast on Stern's Star Trek.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

ColorDMD, after a getting a free ball, and then drain... the message "Shoot Again" looks like old faded red sign, or am I the only one seeing that? anyone see that as well?
just nit picking here...
Champion & high scores vs the players initials "purples" seem to similar, can a change be made to bring more contrast? I really enjoy the contrast on Stern's Star Trek.

It would be helpful to say whether you have a Pro or a Premium/LE, since there seem to be small differences in the ROMs.

#105 5 years ago

I like to comment here as well. I really apreciate the release of this Coloration, thank you ColorDMD !
As before in other colorations, there are a lot of details that i haven´t noticed before, great. It´s only here and there, that i could have some more details, like in the buildings in some scenes or the shoot again / extra ball animations. Is this maybe not done to have a compatibility to the older display´s ? I was suprised that for GB the extended Memory isn´t necessary. I have a LE with an LCD version 1.3

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

I like to comment here as well. I really apreciate the release of this Coloration, thank you ColorDMD !
As before in other colorations, there are a lot of details that i haven´t noticed before, great. It´s only here and there, that i could have some more details, like in the buildings in some scenes or the shoot again / extra ball animations. Is this maybe not done to have a compatibility to the older display´s ? I was suprised that for GB the extended Memory isn´t necessary.

Less digitized video. Digitized video sucks up the memory. Ghostbusters has some 3D rendering, but no digitized video from the movie (except maybe Sta-puft between the buildings?). So, less memory needed.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be helpful to say whether you have a Pro or a Premium/LE, since there seem to be small differences in the ROMs.

ColorDMD please look at "Shoot Again" when you drain after a free ball, pics dont do it justice its really flat and faded.
Premium
GB shoot again low red (resized).JPGGB shoot again low red (resized).JPG

#108 5 years ago

ColorDMD please look at "Shoot Again" when you drain after a free ball, pics dont do it justice its really flat and faded.
Premium
[quoted image]

Ah, that one. Yeah it's like that on the Prem, too. It seems like just a poor choice of red and the highlights should be more toward white instead of a brighter shade of red so it adds to the "balloon" lettering look and pops more. I definitely noted that was weird, but I can live with it if they don't fix it.

#109 5 years ago

Premium
[quoted image]

Is it an LED or LCD?

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Is it an LED or LCD?

LCD, but the color should be very similar on the LED, just brighter.

#111 5 years ago

Color of the Shoot Again text matches the Shoot Again insert.

shootagain (resized).PNGshootagain (resized).PNG

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

[quoted image]

Straight orange or straight red might be better. What's there now is kind of a color no-man's land, neither orange nor red.

#113 5 years ago

Okay so I am trying to install my Colordmd (LCD) and everything is showing up gray. I changed the mounting menu to spike, but am I supposed to select something under color? Any tips greatly appreciated!

#114 5 years ago

does anyone have a pic of the lcd version? Could this be the best dots every on a display?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay so I am trying to install my Colordmd (LCD) and everything is showing up gray. I changed the mounting menu to spike, but am I supposed to select something under color? Any tips greatly appreciated!

You'll need to download and install the CHROMA.ROM file for Ghostbusters using a USB flash drive.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

You'll need to download and install the CHROMA.ROM file for Ghostbusters using a USB flash drive.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html

Thank you, I just realized that and installed and it worked (then I saw your post) Its been so long I totally forgot that step! Thank you so much!!!

#117 5 years ago

Had an LED DMD from the JDRF auction that I won a couple weeks ago. Installed it in GB LE this morning as soon as I found out.

I am very impressed with the LED image quality. I usually go the LCD route but think I will keep the LED in GB.

Taking pics and trying to play at the same time is torture.

Thanks Colordmd team!

20181026_123646 (resized).jpg20181026_123646 (resized).jpg20181026_123949 (resized).jpg20181026_123949 (resized).jpg20181026_124013 (resized).jpg20181026_124013 (resized).jpg20181026_124111 (resized).jpg20181026_124111 (resized).jpg20181026_124227 (resized).jpg20181026_124227 (resized).jpg20181026_124322 (resized).jpg20181026_124322 (resized).jpg
#118 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Had an LED DMD from the JDRF auction that I won a couple weeks ago. Installed it in GB LE this morning as soon as I found out.
I am very impressed with the LED image quality. I usually go the LCD route but think I will keep the LED in GB.
Taking pics and trying to play at the same time is torture.
Thanks Colordmd team!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for those pics. I've been thinking about swapping in the LED from my JD (should have gone LCD with JD) and the LED looks like it may be better in GB than LCD from your photos (the HD and dot options on the LCD look a bit muddy or sterile for some of the animations [at least from the photos and clips I'm seeing]).

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

[quoted image]

ColorDMD with no disrespect, It just seemed faded, orange/red whatever its supposed to be IMHO maybe make it a bit darker orange then. On the other hand now you got me looking for more stuff, the extra ball is definitely dark red on my LCD screen.
GB1x (resized).JPGGB1x (resized).JPGGB2x (resized).JPGGB2x (resized).JPGGB3x (resized).JPGGB3x (resized).JPG

#120 5 years ago

ColorDMD with no disrespect, It just seemed faded, orange/red whatever its supposed to be IMHO maybe make it a bit darker orange then. On the other hand now you got me looking for more stuff, the extra ball is definitely dark red on my LCD screen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is no way that the color choices are going to make everyone happy. I'm happy to have it in color, and I don't think we can expect changes made because of personal preference.

#121 5 years ago

Great catch!

#122 5 years ago

I would have no problem if extra ball and shoot again were both extra ball red. It would be an improvement. Although Extra Ball might look cool as Chrome and shoot again red.
GB_extra_ball.jpgGB_extra_ball.jpg

shoot-again (resized).jpgshoot-again (resized).jpg
#123 5 years ago

Excellent color dmd.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Just checked more out of interest than anything... If you google the official Ghostbusters edition of Tobin's Spirit Guide, pages are parchment with black text and artwork. No color.
I don’t think this was used as a color guide for Tobin’s but not too surprising that we ended up with a similar representation.
[quoted image]

I've paid close attention to the Tobin's animations in GB. I think the colorization for it is fine. Looks perfectly natural.

#125 5 years ago

Okay I love all my Colordmds, but when I get to the mode who brought the dog you can barely make out the dogs details...is there a setting guys are switching to make it look better or is everyone using the default setting?

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay I love all my Colordmds, but when I get to the mode who brought the dog you can barely make out the dogs details...is there a setting guys are switching to make it look better or is everyone using the default setting?

I don't think the dog was very detailed on the red dmd.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Dotsxl looks best to me. What is the default setting?

#129 5 years ago

More photo/video examples of colordmd versions please.

#130 5 years ago

Just ordered an LED one...maybe the update for the pink slime will be complete by the time I install!

#131 5 years ago

Very happy and impressed with the colordmd LCD and Vineland's foam gasket!

This has been a long anticipated and very worthwhile upgrade!

I'm using dotsxl with the default settings and am most impressed.

Note I was a bit surprised when at first powerup, the display was shifted up by an inch or so. At first I thought I had made a mistake in mounting the panel. However, I quickly found the vertical offset adjustment in the menu and corrected the issue. I assume this is to handle all the different physical configurations of games. The only suggestion I'd make is to flag this adjustment step in the instructions.

Thanks again!!!

IMG_20181103_195133 (resized).jpgIMG_20181103_195133 (resized).jpg
#132 5 years ago

Yeah hires and scan had some blurry animations but dots looks amazing to me

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from mrthreeplatrs:

Very happy and impressed with the colordmd LCD and Vineland's foam gasket!
This has been a long anticipated and very worthwhile upgrade!
I'm using dotsxl with the default settings and am most impressed.
Note I was a bit surprised when at first powerup, the display was shifted up by an inch or so. At first I thought I had made a mistake in mounting the panel. However, I quickly found the vertical offset adjustment in the menu and corrected the issue. I assume this is to handle all the different physical configurations of games. The only suggestion I'd make is to flag this adjustment step in the instructions.
Thanks again!!!
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting a pic of your install! This particular pin was MADE for DOTSXL mode.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I picked up an LED when EBAY had 20% off and ColorDMD still had some listed at the time. I put it in my ST. The one thing I couldn't get over was the visible off pixels / poor blacks. I experimented with a number of different display covers until I found one I liked. Now black looks black and contrast is much better.

I couldn't find anyone selling a solution, so I made it myself. If anyone needs one, I can make them for $20, pm me. Or if you want to use a clear cover you have, can also provide polarized film for $10. It will also be a big improvement, but it's not as good as the custom plastic one. Here's a couple pics from my ST for comparison to the GB ones posted. That's how my ST used to look too.

GB-LED (resized).jpgGB-LED (resized).jpg
ST-LED1 (resized).jpgST-LED1 (resized).jpg
ST-LED2 (resized).jpgST-LED2 (resized).jpg
ST-LED3 (resized).jpgST-LED3 (resized).jpg

#135 5 years ago

Put an LCD in my GB Prem tonight. It's my first ColorDMD (except for my MMr...it came with it). Played a couple of games on SCAN. I love the lettering in that style, but the animations look "muddy". I'll play a few on each setting and see how each looks. It sounds like most people prefer DotsXL.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Put an LCD in my GB Prem tonight. It's my first ColorDMD (except for my MMr...it came with it). Played a couple of games on SCAN. I love the lettering in that style, but the animations look "muddy". I'll play a few on each setting and see how each looks. It sounds like most people prefer DotsXL.

DOTS XL is the way to go for Ghostbusters, for sure. Looks great.

#137 5 years ago

Got the LED put in my Pro. Easy install and perfect fit. The included clear plastic shield is very nice quality and thick. I think the LED looks great. Have contrast on 4 and brightness on 7. Great job on this. I wish you would respond to me when I ask for a discount to do a review on my YouTube channel! Send out the pink slime update!

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I wish you would respond to me when I ask for a discount to do a review on my YouTube channel!

In my experience, not getting a reply equals "no" pretty reliably.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In my experience, not getting a reply equals "no" pretty reliably.

LOL. Not to mention, that discount would pretty much ensure a biased review.

#140 5 years ago

Surprised how many people are doing dots... I have some LED (Walking Dead, RBION, TFTC) and others LCD set to smoothing (NGG, TRON, X-Men) because I like how they fit the theme better (NGG & X-Men look like cartoons; TRON computerish).

Damn LCD for GB arrived last week and after all these dot crazy posts I am wondering if I should return it for LED (cause now I am second guessing smoothing and as people have pointed out dots on LED are noticeably brighter than dots on LCD).

Does anyone like the smoothed LCD images more for this game?

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Surprised how many people are doing dots... I have some LED (Walking Dead, RBION, TFTC) and others LCD set to smoothing (NGG, TRON, X-Men) because I like how they fit the theme better (NGG & X-Men look like cartoons; TRON computerish).
Damn LCD for GB arrived last week and after all these dot crazy posts I am wondering if I should return it for LED (cause now I am second guessing smoothing and as people have pointed out dots on LED are noticeably brighter than dots on LCD).

Does anyone like the smoothed LCD images more for this game?

Smoothed does not look great on GB, but DOTS XL looks better than LCD IMO.

#142 5 years ago

I picked up the LED for my pro and I love it! I have LEDs on my MET and TWD as well, so I'm in the LED camp for sure. Once I adjusted the contract and brightness correctly, it looks amazing.

The only thing I noticed is that the river of slime is green instead of pink. Is there a way to bring that up to ColorDMD for if/when they do a code update?

EDIT: haha I should have read better. I looks like the pink slime has already been talked about.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't blame you for skipping watching Ghostbusters 2. I wish I had.
Did you figure out if the gray trap frames are differences in the Pro vs Prem/LE roms?

Man, I go against the grain on this. I must be the only person who really liked GB2. I love the Scoleri Bros. scene.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Man, I go against the grain on this. I must be the only person who really liked GB2. I love the Scoleri Bros. scene.

I liked it as well, not sure why all the negativity towards it!

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I picked up the LED for my pro and I love it! I have LEDs on my MET and TWD as well, so I'm in the LED camp for sure. Once I adjusted the contract and brightness correctly, it looks amazing.
The only thing I noticed is that the river of slime is green instead of pink. Is there a way to bring that up to ColorDMD for if/when they do a code update?
EDIT: haha I should have read better. I looks like the pink slime has already been talked about.

What settings do you have on your LED? I’m still fine tuning mine.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

What settings do you have on your LED? I’m still fine tuning mine.

I have it at contrast 4, brightness 6.

#147 5 years ago

My color DMD has been slimed!!! Just thought I would share...seemed kinda fitting for this machine LOL

All back to normal now however. This screen has been a little finicky since install with that little black wire on the back. Right before this "green screen" occurred weird blue sections would show up as well from time to time.

#148 5 years ago

If you're having trouble with the screen cable, try swapping the two ends (i.e. move board connector to screen, and screen connector to board). By reversing the direction of the cable, it will use different wires in the cable assembly and could resolve a problem with a single poor wire connection.

#149 5 years ago

Experienced this at a tourney this weekend. Looks great and can't wait to add this to my GB Pro.

#150 5 years ago

Got a chance to finish up a video to show footage of the new ColorDMD on my Ghostbusters Pro. As this is my fourth display, I'd consider this colorization to be not quite as refined as my other machines. For example, at the 4:09 mark you can see the storage animation loses its color at the very end of the animation and I've noticed in a couple of other spots too. With an update to correct the green slime to pink, finish up a couple of color details, and refine some of the colors others feel are a bit washed out, I think this colorization will be even more awesome than it already is. Happy to add this display to my machine and def a big improvement over the standard "red" stock display. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters/page/3?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.