(Topic ID: 199983)

ColorDMD Game 66 is Star Trek! - RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScoreColorLast2Digits (resized).jpg
021 (resized).JPG
9AC2414C-6557-4CA6-AA78-EDD7460A1788 (resized).jpeg
31FA0820-A3ED-4DCD-A18D-4E3BE56B97D6 (resized).jpeg
IMAG0759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_215026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_214910 (resized).jpg
IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
20171014_140710 (resized).jpg
20171014_140526(0) (resized).jpg
20171014_140526 (resized).jpg
20171014_140445 (resized).jpg
20171014_140725 (resized).jpg
firefox_Not_there (resized).JPG
explorer_its_there (resized).JPG
cdmd_firmware3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

The ColorDMD to support Star Trek pinball machines will debut at Pinball Expo on Thursday, October 11! Thank you to Chris Gray for sharing his game at Expo! Click the link below for the official announcement and release information!

http://mailchi.mp/2e714a6c75fe/news-from-colordmd

ST_2x1 (resized).pngST_2x1 (resized).png

Edit: Video Preview Added!

#23 6 years ago

All three games announced this week (ST, WCS94, and Godzilla) will work with any ColorDMD display.

The larger memory added to 1.3B and Chroma boards is not required.

#48 6 years ago

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Star Trek is the 66th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor display platform. With more than 21 responsive, animated modes, Star Trek is the most complex game we have completed and required a team effort. Thank you to Chris Enright, Dave Timmer, and Eric Priepke for their outstanding work on this title!

Star Trek is shipping now from our store site (shop.colordmd.com) and through our distributors. The game is being previewed at Chicago Pinball Expo this week and the color ROM is targeted for release on October13!

#74 6 years ago

STAR TREK ROM RELEASE

The color ROM to support Star Trek pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page. http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks again to the team for their devotion to getting this one completed! It has been a long journey!

Displays are available now for immediate shipping from our store site and through distributors.

ST_2x1 (resized).pngST_2x1 (resized).png

#106 6 years ago

A fix to correct the freezing issues for older (Rev 1.2 and 1.3x) boards has been posted and is now available for download. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our QA guy (me) has been fired.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from tatanka1961:

So great that Star Trek is finally released. I installed it today using a colorDMD from another machine) and It is STUNNING !!!
It really brings my STLE to life. Definitely the best MOD for any machine!
So this is gonna cost me several hundred € again as I don't want to go back to a regular DMD in my STTNG...
I have a question for Randy though
Dmod: On your site, you say that both the LED and LCD versions now use the same 'chroma' board. Does this mean, that when I buy the LED version, I can still use the chroma board to drive an lcd panel (in case I don't like the LED display)?

The circuit board is the same but populated and programmed differently for LCD and LED.

Quoted from AndreBu:

Hi Randy thanks!
But i animations are now in Black & White. I installed the File at the Rev. 1.3 Board and i have a Premium one. I hope you can fixed it? It´s Friday the 13

Email sent.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

No, I don't recall ordering a separate cable. Just the ColorDMD and the adapter kit for the metal backbox.

Email sent.

1 week later
#165 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes I have the same issue... anyone have a fix.
Robert

Have not heard this issue before for Stern games, and normally only an issue on WPC games with a dirty flipper opto.

The extra load of the display will cause a small drop in the 12V unregulated supply output. Normally not an issue, but if a flipper opto is dirty and already operating near threshold, the small voltage drop can result in a noticeable difference. Cleaning the opto resolves the issue.

On a Stern game, this is unusual. Does unplugging the display increase the strength of the flippers? If you measure the 12V unregulated supply with a DMM, do you see a significant difference in voltage when the display is connected/disconnected?

2 months later
#183 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thanks. I found the LED demo of Star Trek but not one with the LCD. I really love the way the LCD does the scores and words. However when I see animations sometimes they look really bad to me. It seems like other animations look ok or good. I prefer not to have the pixel look of dots. However I am beginning to think the animations can't be done right on LCD. I guess I like LCD and LED for different things and I need to decide on one. I was hoping that seeing the video of the LCD could help me decide. I wonder why they used such a huge LCD screen? Does the color LED have the problem that the stock dmd's have with uneven columns and rows? This is easiest to see when all of them are on. Thanks again!

The Star Trek preview video was filmed using an LCD in DOTXL mode.

#185 6 years ago

If you’re having trouble please send a video of the issue to [email protected] and we’ll take a look at it.

#187 6 years ago

The preview video is linked In the first post of this thread.

The LCD supports six different rendering modes including dots and high resolution upscaling that fills the space between the dots.

2 weeks later
#189 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Is there demo videos for these two games showing the upscaling mode that fills the space between the dot's? One more question: Does the color LED mount flush with speaker panel in both games? I understand the LCD has to be set back on STLE. Seems like this would affect visibility of display info. when standing back and to one side?

The LED sits the same distance from the display shield as the factory display. LCD sits back behind the threaded posts but does not have a significant impact on visibility.

Don't recall seeing posted videos of upscaling for those specific games. Back when we announced upscaling, there was one still frame posted.

1 month later
#196 6 years ago

For Stern games with metal speaker panels, the entire speaker panel and threaded posts are already grounded so an additional strap is not required. The metal display bracket is grounded through the threaded posts and mounting hardware.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-66-is-star-trek?tu=dmod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.