(Topic ID: 199983)

ColorDMD Game 66 is Star Trek! - RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ScoreColorLast2Digits (resized).jpg
021 (resized).JPG
9AC2414C-6557-4CA6-AA78-EDD7460A1788 (resized).jpeg
31FA0820-A3ED-4DCD-A18D-4E3BE56B97D6 (resized).jpeg
IMAG0759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_215026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_214910 (resized).jpg
IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
20171014_140710 (resized).jpg
20171014_140526(0) (resized).jpg
20171014_140526 (resized).jpg
20171014_140445 (resized).jpg
20171014_140725 (resized).jpg
firefox_Not_there (resized).JPG
explorer_its_there (resized).JPG
cdmd_firmware3 (resized).png

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 1 year ago

Make sure your game is on and booted up before installing your USB drive. Then press the far left button to download to the display.

#102 1 year ago

Please have your DMDs in stock for the holidays, easy gift for my wife to give me!! Good job!

#103 1 year ago

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If I'm getting the ColorDMD LED display do I still need to order the extra mounting standoffs or is that only for the LCD displays?

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from minishark:

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If I'm getting the ColorDMD LED display do I still need to order the extra mounting standoffs or is that only for the LCD displays?

Nope, not for ColorDMD LED, just need clear shield for ST.

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Nope, not for ColorDMD LED, just need clear shield for ST.

Thanks! Then I ordered everything correctly. It should be here tomorrow according to the tracking page.

#106 1 year ago

A fix to correct the freezing issues for older (Rev 1.2 and 1.3x) boards has been posted and is now available for download. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our QA guy (me) has been fired.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

A fix to correct the freezing issues for older (Rev 1.2 and 1.3x) boards has been corrected and is now available for download. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our QA guy (me) has been fired.

Glad your QA guy could fix this so fast. Firing him might have been a bit harsh, but as the boss you can't tolerate such incompetence.

(Great support, as always. Thanks!)

#108 1 year ago

Gotta have it!

#109 1 year ago

Hey Randy, I have a 1.3 ColorDMD display, and I uploaded the newer Star Trek ROM you published today, and it works!!! Thank you very much! This is awesome!!

#110 1 year ago

Downloaded and installed the firmware tonight and my ST Premium has never looked better! Thanks to all involved for your hard work in making this a reality!!!

#111 1 year ago

Hi Randy thanks!

But i animations are now in Black & White. I installed the File at the Rev. 1.3 Board and i have a Premium one. I hope you can fixed it? It´s Friday the 13

20171014_093548 (resized).jpg

20171014_093400 (resized).jpg

#112 1 year ago

I was able to get it installed before the New England Pinball League tonight. Here's a stream of the display in action https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182012831. everyone playing it loved it.

#113 1 year ago

So excited for colordmd for our STLE#72
Does anyone have video of LCD upscaling HD Res

Regards Pinwaz
22522396_10214877303907938_61715273_o (resized).jpg
22523993_10214877310388100_930332452_n (resized).jpg

#114 1 year ago

So great that Star Trek is finally released. I installed it today using a colorDMD from another machine) and It is STUNNING !!!
It really brings my STLE to life. Definitely the best MOD for any machine!
So this is gonna cost me several hundred € again as I don't want to go back to a regular DMD in my STTNG...

I have a question for Randy though
Dmod: On your site, you say that both the LED and LCD versions now use the same 'chroma' board. Does this mean, that when I buy the LED version, I can still use the chroma board to drive an lcd panel (in case I don't like the LED display)?

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from tatanka1961:

So great that Star Trek is finally released. I installed it today using a colorDMD from another machine) and It is STUNNING !!!
It really brings my STLE to life. Definitely the best MOD for any machine!
So this is gonna cost me several hundred € again as I don't want to go back to a regular DMD in my STTNG...
I have a question for Randy though
Dmod: On your site, you say that both the LED and LCD versions now use the same 'chroma' board. Does this mean, that when I buy the LED version, I can still use the chroma board to drive an lcd panel (in case I don't like the LED display)?

The circuit board is the same but populated and programmed differently for LCD and LED.

Quoted from AndreBu:

Hi Randy thanks!
But i animations are now in Black & White. I installed the File at the Rev. 1.3 Board and i have a Premium one. I hope you can fixed it? It´s Friday the 13

Email sent.

#116 1 year ago

Hi Randy,
That's too bad then. I was hoping I could use it for both. Maybe I'll go for the LED one then.

Thanks for the quick reply though.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from tatanka1961:

How did you make it work without the Stern SAM style power cable?

#118 1 year ago

do you have the Problem with the Stern Logo, also?

#119 1 year ago

Mine is ordered!

#120 1 year ago

Could it be that the Super Skill Shot is not colored, or was that just on my game and settings?

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

How did you make it work without the Stern SAM style power cable?

I made a custom cable. There is a power connection for accessories in the front of the cabinet. I've had the colorDMD in there at the beginning. But as there was no real color code, I put it back in the STTNG, and used a SmartDMD in the STLE.

Now that the color code is avaialble, I'll order another colorDMD. Definitely worth it! If there are any bugs left, I'm sure they will sort it out soon. ColorDMD has a great service!

#122 1 year ago

I've got a controller board REV 1.3A. I don't see a download link for the controller board listed on the support page - http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

Can someone please share a link or would I need to purchase a chroma A1 ColorDMD ?

Thank you.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Can someone please share a link or would I need to purchase a chroma A1 ColorDMD ?

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

#124 1 year ago

Thanks for that, ive got a 1.3A controller board ( older board ) and I dont see Star Trek by Stern on http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html this link.

Are you saying that I can use the chrome.rom for my 1.3A board ?

Thanks.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks for that, ive got a 1.3A controller board ( older board ) and I dont see Star Trek by Stern on http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html this link.
Are you saying that I can use the chrome.rom for my 1.3A board ?
Thanks.

It’s in the red box for older controllers under the blue box

#126 1 year ago

I have the same board and can report that the fixed firmware works very well on the board.
cdmd_firmware1 (resized).png
cdmd_firmware2 (resized).png
cdmd_firmware3 (resized).png

#127 1 year ago

Randy and ColorDMD team,
Thank you very much for the color dots. The work looks awesome and I really appreciate the effort to get these dots on this machine!

I only played 3 or so games on the new color dmd. I noticed one "issue" and one improvement suggestion if you are taking them.

When playing my first game; I was in Space Jump and I hit my first warp ramp. The ramp animation was white. I thought that was a weird color choice ( )... but then when I hit the ramp again in one of the other modes; I saw the blue animation which I assume was intended. I'm not sure if I can duplicate it - but I haven't tried.

The improvement I'd like to see is during KMB; IMHO the star field is too bright so the twinkling effect is almost unnoticeable.

I'll post here if I notice anything else at HAAG.
John

#128 1 year ago

Thanks Zitt

Was doing my head in and now I know why, firefox didnt show me the link however explorer did....thanks sooo much for the pics !!

have a nice day pal.

explorer_its_there (resized).JPG

firefox_Not_there (resized).JPG

#129 1 year ago

Well poop! It’s past 9 and my ColorDMD still hasn’t shown up despite the will be delivered by 8 pm verbiage on my tracking screen. So much for my plans to play all night.

#130 1 year ago

I've got mine all set up and it looks great, Have been waiting forever but it's worth it .

20171014_140725 (resized).jpg

20171014_140445 (resized).jpg

20171014_140526 (resized).jpg

20171014_140526(0) (resized).jpg

20171014_140710 (resized).jpg

#131 1 year ago

Mine came today! I plan to install it tomorrow.

#132 1 year ago

Sweet! Looking forward to having this in my game room!

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from minishark:

Well poop! It’s past 9 and my ColorDMD still hasn’t shown up despite the will be delivered by 8 pm verbiage on my tracking screen. So much for my plans to play all night.

That’s what mine said too! Guess we’re out of luck til Monday.

#134 1 year ago

My flippers seem weak after the led upgrade. Anyone else?

Specifically, I can’t backhand the beta ramp.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

I've got mine all set up and it looks great, Have been waiting forever but it's worth it .

I am sad that you don't appear to have any of my mods on your machine.
:sad trombone:

#136 1 year ago

I have a stupid question, but since there's really no such thing as a stupid question (just stupid people), I'm going to ask it anyway.

The new ColorDMD for my STLE isn't powering on. The 4-pin power connector wire on the game has the red wire where the 4-pin connector on the ColorDMD controller board is missing a pin. See the upper part of the photo below. That seems like the root of my problem.

Am I doing something wrong?

This is my third ColorDMD, and I've never experienced this problem before. The first two powered up the very first time. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_3143 (resized).JPG

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The new ColorDMD for my STLE isn't powering on. The 4-pin power connector wire on the game has the red wire where the 4-pin connector on the ColorDMD controller board is missing a pin. See the upper part of the photo below.
What am I doing wrong?
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did you order the cable kit for SAM?
You need to either make a cable or buy a cable to convert from the old DMD to ColorDMD's pinout.
I made mine.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Did you order the cable kit for SAM?
You need to either make a cable or buy a cable to convert from the old DMD to ColorDMD's pinout.
I made mine.

No, I don't recall ordering a separate cable. Just the ColorDMD and the adapter kit for the metal backbox.

Edit: Correction, the adapter cable was in the box.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

No, I don't recall ordering a separate cable. Just the ColorDMD and the adapter kit for the metal backbox.

Email sent.

#140 1 year ago

Thanks Randy. I found the adapter cable in the box. (I forgot about that part of the installation when I converted to ColorDMD on my Iron Man.)

Edit: Everything is working now. Kudos to Randy for some of the fastest customer support on the planet. I posted my question and emailed Randy at 10 minutes after midnight on a Sunday morning during EXPO, and he posted and emailed me back 11 minutes later. Thanks for being awesome, Randy.

#141 1 year ago

Looks great! Thank you Randy. This was my first colorDMD installation. Unit was already purchased waiting to be installed in a WPC pin, but the ST release made this the preferred choice.

IMG_20171014_214910 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171014_215026 (resized).jpg

#142 1 year ago

is LCD or LED the better choice for Star Trek?

#144 1 year ago

What is the free shipping code, that was offered at Expo, please?

I lost the flyer/card from my visit to their boot. Offer ends today.

PM, if you can.

#145 1 year ago

EXPO2017

#146 1 year ago

Apparently my ColorDMD is touring the metro area courtesy of the post office. Tracking shows it arrived early on Friday and was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Instead of being routed to my local office for delivery they sent it to the north distribution center and from there to the opposite side of the city and then this morning back to the northern distribution center. If this keeps up it should be back in Anaheim by tomorrow morning.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from minishark:

Apparently my ColorDMD is touring the metro area courtesy of the post office. Tracking shows it arrived early on Friday and was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Instead of being routed to my local office for delivery they sent it to the north distribution center and from there to the opposite side of the city and then this morning back to the northern distribution center. If this keeps up it should be back in Anaheim by tomorrow morning.

Yikes! Hopefully it's not on a 5 year mission!

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Yikes! Hopefully it's not on a 5 year mission!

<sigh>It definitely feels like it is.

#149 1 year ago

Thanks! Was going to wait a bit as I had some decent bills this month, but free shipping sealed the deal... Ordered!

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Lcd... With dotsxl.

Can someone take a picture of that? I have an LED in my Tron but have a ST coming this week and would love to see the difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Miami Shores, FL
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside