(Topic ID: 199983)

ColorDMD Game 66 is Star Trek! - RELEASED!!!

By Dmod

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScoreColorLast2Digits (resized).jpg
021 (resized).JPG
9AC2414C-6557-4CA6-AA78-EDD7460A1788 (resized).jpeg
31FA0820-A3ED-4DCD-A18D-4E3BE56B97D6 (resized).jpeg
IMAG0759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_215026 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_214910 (resized).jpg
IMG_3143 (resized).JPG
20171014_140710 (resized).jpg
20171014_140526(0) (resized).jpg
20171014_140526 (resized).jpg
20171014_140445 (resized).jpg
20171014_140725 (resized).jpg
firefox_Not_there (resized).JPG
explorer_its_there (resized).JPG
cdmd_firmware3 (resized).png
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 6 years ago

Man Friday can't come soon enough.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Star Trek is the 66th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor display platform. With more than 21 responsive, animated modes, Star Trek is the most complex game we have completed and required a team effort. Thank you to Chris Enright, Dave Timmer, and Eric Priepke for their outstanding work on this title!
Star Trek is shipping now from our store site (shop.colordmd.com) and through our distributors. The game is being previewed at Chicago Pinball Expo this week and the color ROM is targeted for release on October13!
» YouTube video

Sold!

#53 6 years ago

WOW, WOW and WOW again

Amazing Job!!!!!

#54 6 years ago

Amazing job..... your mods truely make me to want all the games you guys do.... time to put Star Trek on the list! BRAVO!!!

#55 6 years ago

Hopefully we will see some video from Expo to see game play as well. Can't wait till downloads are available on Friday!!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

» YouTube video
Not impressive

Is that a LCD or LED screen?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Is that a LCD or LED screen?

PIN2DMD is LED only. That is why it looks so bright in videos and gives the impression that it is all white.

If you have further questions please ask in a pin2dmd thread. I don´t want to answer here.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

PIN2DMD is LED only. That is why it looks so bright in videos and gives the impression that it is all white.

bwahahaha! You’re hilarious.

#59 6 years ago

Video preview looks great.

I'm curious about the colorization of some of the scenes, some seem to have a higher framerate and much smoother animations than most of the other animations. Do these just require more frames and thus a lot more time to colorize?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

bwahahaha! You’re hilarious.

You also got potential, thanks !

#61 6 years ago

Looks amazing and I am sure this will make a lot of people very happy hopefully me too when I can get a Star Trek. The one thing I have to say is Kirk's uniform should be more yellow and the chicks have to be green. It's just not Star Trek without a green chick. Great work and awesome colour.

#62 6 years ago

The sexy twins (aliens) that slept with Kirk were not green.

The colorists try to stay faithful to the colors of the source. Sometimes you may adjust to make it look better with the low res image (128x32) but usually the colors chosen are to retain authenticity.

Quoted from Darscot:

Looks amazing and I am sure this will make a lot of people very happy hopefully me too when I can get a Star Trek. The one thing I have to say is Kirk's uniform should be more yellow and the chicks have to be green. It's just not Star Trek without a green chick. Great work and awesome colour.

#63 6 years ago

Ah that makes sense, I wasn't thinking of that specific scene. Just the general lore of Kirk always banging the green chick. I blame Stern they should have picked the scene with the green chick.

#64 6 years ago

Yippee ki-yay! Awesome work guys. Just take my money already. The best mod out there!

#65 6 years ago

Phenomenal work!!! It makes me like this game more.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

You also got potential, thanks !

He's blazing his own trail , not riding someones coattail..

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Stern Star Trek for PIN2DMD was released long before your release and without having any of the problems you are talking about. So we are ripping off technology and used it months before you made it possible ? Very logical. You are definitely not Vulcan.

Thought I would point out that in your thread you mention that with some new compression algorithms you might be able to finish ST so I'd say it isn't technically finished either. Either way, I agree with earlier posts that these products are for two different end users and any fighting is neither productive as a conversation nor offers benefits to the pinball community. And big time kudos to the team that got this done. I remember a couple years ago looking at the files and some of the complex mode animations and it was literally a nightmare to even conceive the process by which that could be colored. From a behind the scenes perspective, this was a nightmare scenario for a colorist. Randy outdid himself with new tools that are frankly helping to push other projects along much faster. If we'd had the toolset we have now when I did DW, I'd be on my tenth game now not my 5th

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Ah that makes sense, I wasn't thinking of that specific scene. Just the general lore of Kirk always banging the green chick. I blame Stern they should have picked the scene with the green chick.

I assumed it was supposed to be green girls too until I noticed the tails.

#69 6 years ago

It's friday!!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

It's friday!!

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#71 6 years ago

ColorDMD - Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You. Awesome job on ST and every other title you have produced. You are a true asset to the pinball community. Keep up the great work!

#72 6 years ago

Ordered mine already, will look great next to my ColorDMD in my Met Prem

#73 6 years ago

just finished installing an LCD ColorDMD in my ST- went to put in the software and DOH! not uploaded yet. Oh well. Maybe i'll change the display color to something weird for league night here.

#74 6 years ago

STAR TREK ROM RELEASE

The color ROM to support Star Trek pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page. http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks again to the team for their devotion to getting this one completed! It has been a long journey!

Displays are available now for immediate shipping from our store site and through distributors.

ST_2x1 (resized).pngST_2x1 (resized).png

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

STAR TREK ROM RELEASE
The color ROM to support Star Trek pinball machines has been released and is now available for download from our firmware SUPPORT page. http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html
Thanks again to the team for their devotion to getting this one completed! It has been a long journey!
Displays are available now for immediate shipping from our store site and through distributors.

Tomorrow!!

66CE9F75-C7B1-41F5-AB08-4239E9F035BE (resized).jpeg66CE9F75-C7B1-41F5-AB08-4239E9F035BE (resized).jpeg

#76 6 years ago

booom, installed - and it LOOOKS stunning.

Unfortunately sometimes it seems to hang for several seconds and not display any animation anymore.
Maybe just my game, or possibly a side effect for using a custom STpro ROM? (one of the sound replacement ones)

#77 6 years ago

here it is

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
» YouTube video

I guess this is the LCD screen and Not an LED, correct? Has anybody an LED Screen for comparison?

#79 6 years ago

this is the LED version

at all videos the LED looks not so colorful and bright

but its extreme colorful and very bright, match perfect to a modern game with rgb leds

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

booom, installed - and it LOOOKS stunning.
Unfortunately sometimes it seems to hang for several seconds and not display any animation anymore.
Maybe just my game, or possibly a side effect for using a custom STpro ROM? (one of the sound replacement ones)

I just installed the ColorDMD ROM on our Star Trek Premium, and I'm getting blackouts during certain scenes as well. I have a sound replaced 1.6 ROM. There shouldn't be any animation differences with 1.61, but I am looking at upgrading to 1.61. Just need to re-encode the sounds into a 1.61 ROM. Anyone else having problems?

#81 6 years ago

My custom sounds 1.61 is fine. Great job.

#82 6 years ago

I'm already on v1.61

Another thing, the current score switches to single (white) color whenever it shows "Extra Ball at xxx millions" below (I have set my game to award extra balls instead of replays) and goes back to blue with yellow, when it shows "Ball x Free Play"

Also just realized that the games menu is single color only. Not that I mind, I just thought that it's normally colored as well. (as in my LotR)

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

I'm already on v1.61
Another thing, the current score switches to single (white) color whenever it shows "Extra Ball at xxx millions" below (I have set my game to award extra balls instead of replays) and goes back to blue with yellow, when it shows "Ball x Free Play"
Also just realized that the games menu is single color only. Not that I mind, I just thought that it's normally colored as well. (as in my LotR)

That score thing can easily be fixed, they probably just forgot to run captures with it set to extra ball as the award. They’ll probably take problem reports for a bit and release an update after a bit.

#84 6 years ago

I have a chroma A1 display but the chroma.rom is only available for download for the older displays. I tired it and it does not work, please advise. John

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I have a chroma A1 display but the chroma.rom is only available for download for the older displays. I tired it and it does not work, please advise. John

From ColorDMD's website click on support, click firmware updates, click on the top link "roms for new Displays "

#86 6 years ago

I did and Stern Star Trek is not there

Quoted from dug:

From ColorDMD's website click on support, click firmware updates, click on the top link "roms for new Displays "

#87 6 years ago

That was weird, it suddenly appeared. I am off to download!

Quoted from jkashani:

I did and Stern Star Trek is not there

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I just installed the ColorDMD ROM on our Star Trek Premium, and I'm getting blackouts during certain scenes as well. I have a sound replaced 1.6 ROM. There shouldn't be any animation differences with 1.61, but I am looking at upgrading to 1.61. Just need to re-encode the sounds into a 1.61 ROM. Anyone else having problems?

I have the same Problems with the new rom. I missing a lot of animations. I wrote Randy i hope he find a solutions In Germany have some other User the same Prob.

#89 6 years ago

Sounds like there's a glitch with the rom for some of the displays. For now you guys might have to go back to sigma and single color. Sorry!!

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Sounds like there's a glitch with the rom for some of the displays. For now you guys might have to go back to sigma and single color. Sorry!!

Please tell me that was only for couple of days..... i waiting for two Years of this File... i cant wait one second or more

#91 6 years ago

Same here. No modification to the sound file or game rom. I installed the Star Trek rom into the game. Laggy, black outs, and overall slow performance. Game is unplayable. Guess I will go back to the standard blue for now.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
» YouTube video

Holy crap that is awesome. I cannot imagine the effort behind this. Oh wait, I can, but I could not imagine taking on a game with this many complexities. Knowing what goes on behind the scenes makes this even more impressive.

#93 6 years ago

Installed it in our Pro and it looks loverly!!! Thanks to all involved in the coloring of this game... it is very much appreciated!

#94 6 years ago

looks fantastic. but i'm getting the lag, glitchy, freeze screen

#95 6 years ago

Anyone know if there are any tricks to installing it on the LE stainless panel? Mine comes tomorrow so hopefully I can get it installed.

#96 6 years ago

What the hey, I can't seem to find it on their support page either. Stng is only download I see under star trek

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from AndreBu:

Please tell me that was only for couple of days..... i waiting for two Years of this File... i cant wait one second or more

It's being looked into, so don't despair! We have top men on it!

#98 6 years ago

Same here.
V1.3A hardware does not take the color dots correctly for Stern Star trek.
The green "done" led comes back on after a power cycle. I suspect either the source file is corrupt... or there is something else going on. It looks to me that some of the animations are missing.

I also noted it took 2-3x longer to download this file to the device. Ofcourse, I'm comparing against the STNG which may be a smaller delivery.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone know if there are any tricks to installing it on the LE stainless panel? Mine comes tomorrow so hopefully I can get it installed.

This thread has some info.
ColorDMD also offers a set of washer or standoffs.
I will eventually offer my Adapter ... but probably not a week or two until after HAAG.

#100 6 years ago

20171013_205844 (resized).jpg20171013_205844 (resized).jpg

20171013_205841 (resized).jpg20171013_205841 (resized).jpg

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-66-is-star-trek/page/2?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.