(Topic ID: 181811)

ColorDMD Game 54: Ripley's Believe It Or Not! - VIDEO PREVIEW!!!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4501 (resized).JPG
IMG_4507 (resized).JPG
IMG_4497 (resized).JPG
sold out (resized).png
IMG_0700 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).JPG
IMG_0707 (resized).JPG
IMG_0702 (resized).JPG
IMG_0701 (resized).JPG
IMG_0699 (resized).JPG
RBION_Title (resized).PNG
RBION_Score (resized).PNG
RBION_Australia (resized).PNG
RBION_FrogFrenzy (resized).PNG
RBION_Africa (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

COLORDMD ANNOUNCES GAME 54!

While waiting for the release of TWD, Eric colored another game... believe it or not!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Ripley's Believe It or Not! (RBION) is the 54th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!

RBION_Title (resized).PNGRBION_Title (resized).PNG

This is the seventh ColorDMD title release for Eric Priepke, following his work on Walking Dead earlier this month! Eric has also contributed colorizations of Batman, Spider-Man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones. Keeping in theme with RBION's colorful playfield art, this may be Eric's boldest colorization yet!

Thanks for RBION are also due to John Jundt for his useful suggestions and help in getting this title to release!

RBION_Australia (resized).PNGRBION_Australia (resized).PNG

Eric resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children. When not spending time with family, or rolling with Wisconcin's infamous "Ballers for Dollars" crew, Eric can usually be found contributing something to the pinball hobby. He is the author of "Cactus Canyon Continued", and an active contributor to the Pinside and P-ROC pinball discussion forums.

RBION_Africa (resized).PNGRBION_Africa (resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for RBION pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

RBION_FrogFrenzy (resized).PNGRBION_FrogFrenzy (resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Ripley's Believe It Or Not! pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, February 24!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

RBION_Score (resized).PNGRBION_Score (resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

Noice!

#3 7 years ago

Looking forward to promo video!

#4 7 years ago

54 titles?
I don't believe it

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD ANNOUNCES GAME 54!
While waiting for the release of TWD, Eric colored another game... believe it or not!
ColorDMD is excited to announce that Ripley's Believe It or Not! (RBION) is the 54th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!

This is the seventh ColorDMD title release for Eric Priepke, following his work on Walking Dead earlier this month! Eric has also contributed colorizations of Batman, Spider-Man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones. Keeping in theme with RBION's colorful playfield art, this may be Eric's boldest colorization yet!
Thanks for RBION are also due to John Jundt for his useful suggestions and help in getting this title to release!

Eric resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children. When not spending time with family, or rolling with Wisconcin's infamous "Ballers for Dollars" crew, Eric can usually be found contributing something to the pinball hobby. He is the author of "Cactus Canyon Continued", and an active contributor to the Pinside and P-ROC pinball discussion forums.

The ColorDMD for RBION pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Ripley's Believe It Or Not! pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, February 24!
For more information, please visit us at http://www.colordmd.com.

That makes me feel big again

#6 7 years ago

Pumped for this! Would be curious to see comparison between LCD and LED, too (even though I doubt video would be good enough to show off the LED).

#8 7 years ago

RIPLEY'S COLORDMD PREVIEW!

RBION has been colored by Eric Priepke and is the 54th game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform!

Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors. The color ROM for Ripley's Believe It Or Not! pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, February 24!

#10 7 years ago

YES!

Being technologically challenged, what exactly do I need to do/get to install this?(if somebody can help or may know) It states COLOR ROM not available till Fri. and I reckon I need that to.

Thank you in advance.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

what exactly do I need to do/get to install this?

First you need to decide if you want the LCD or LED version and then order it.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

It states COLOR ROM not available till Fri

True, but you need to install a ColorDMD display in the game first. If you didn't order it yet, the color ROM will be available for download before the display arrives.

#12 7 years ago

Cool. Might want to do this to mine.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

First you need to decide if you want the LCD or LED version and then order it.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_hardware.html

True, but you need to install a ColorDMD display in the game first. If you didn't order it yet, the color ROM will be available for download before the display arrives.

Thank you PinbalManiac40 for the reply, much appreciated. I looked around at their website today and they suggest if first time getting a color display to go with LCD. I sent them an email today but have not yet heard back.

Thanks again.

#14 7 years ago

Thank you PinbalManiac40 for the reply, much appreciated. I looked around at their website today and they suggest if first time getting a color display to go with LCD. I sent them an email today but have not yet heard back.
Thanks again.

That is something for you to decide. It is all about personal preference.
http://www.colordmd.com/led.html

What question are you waiting for an answer on?

#15 7 years ago

All taken care of, thank you.

Have to give a public forum thank you to Randy at Color DMD for great communication during my ordering/question process.

#16 7 years ago

Holy crap Eric. dude, you are the man. This is one of my favorite titles!

#17 7 years ago

Just ordered.

#18 7 years ago

BASTARDS!
got no $$ but had to order as it is one of my favourites of all time.
Stop making these, if you do one for Gilligan's Island or BBH I will be officially broke!

#19 7 years ago

Cool!
Now if someone would release an alternate sound package for Ripley's. Love the pin, but the callouts are annoying.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Cool!
Now if someone would release an alternate sound package for Ripley's. Love the pin, but the callouts are annoying.

The shrunken head voice is ok. But I'm not a fan of the "Ripley" voice at all.

Quoted from oldskool1969:

BASTARDS!
got no $$ but had to order as it is one of my favourites of all time.
Stop making these, if you do one for Gilligan's Island or BBH I will be officially broke!

Gilligan's video signal is weird compared to other WMS games for some reason, so that one will probably get back-burnered for a long time.

#21 7 years ago

To each their own... I think the audio (voice / music) for RBION is a perfect fit.

#22 7 years ago

LCD displays from this run are nearly sold out. The last few have been consolidated under the SIGMA product page.

For Ripley's please order the SIGMA display with SAM/WS installation kit.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

LCD displays from this run are nearly sold out. The last few have been consolidated under the SIGMA product page.

Ordered this yesterday and it shipped fast!

Q: Will the one I ordered (LCD) still be able to show the sharply-defined color dots? I'm not a huge fan of the non-dot look.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Ordered this yesterday and it shipped fast!
Q: Will the one I ordered (LCD) still be able to show the sharply-defined color dots? I'm not a huge fan of the non-dot look.

Yes, the LCD supports six different rendering modes including DOTS and DOTXL (large dots).

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Is the Sam/WS kit included when buying a LCD?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Is the Sam/WS kit included when buying a LCD?

A cable install kit is included with all displays. The included install kit is different for WPC, SAM/WS, and DE.

#27 7 years ago

ROM is up on the support page, FYI.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

ROM is up on the support page, FYI.

ETA: NM... just read the rest of the instrux. Looks like this is just for the display. It's not game rom.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

ETA: NM... just read the rest of the instrux. Looks like this is just for the display. It's not game rom.

Yeah, I mean the ColorDMD rom for people who have a Ripley's with a display in it.

#30 7 years ago

Received and installed today. Life is good. : ) Thanks again Randy for your excellent communication, help, and product.

Russ

#31 7 years ago

Shipped super quick. Installed. This might be the fastest pinball shipment I've ever received

Quick note: if downloading the Color ROM in Chrome, make sure to left click the link for the rom and then save. If you right click the link and save, it won't be the rom file... it will be a server-response. One of the install instructions shipped with the unit was wrong. "Hold down the button closest to the USB port for five seconds" Actually it's the left button--the one furthest away from the USB port.

Also: Make sure to realize when you first install that it will be monochrome; the color isn't installed from the factory.

I also installed one of Art's (Comet Pinball) glare reduction filters.

IMG_0699 (resized).JPGIMG_0699 (resized).JPG
IMG_0701 (resized).JPGIMG_0701 (resized).JPG
IMG_0702 (resized).JPGIMG_0702 (resized).JPG
IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG
IMG_0708 (resized).JPGIMG_0708 (resized).JPG
IMG_0700 (resized).JPGIMG_0700 (resized).JPG

#32 7 years ago

Howdy Dmod , any eta for LCD colordmds being back in stock?

#33 7 years ago

Ripley's caused a surge in sales. I can see why they are out of stock now.

#34 7 years ago

From their FB page.

sold out (resized).pngsold out (resized).png

#35 7 years ago

Just got mine today

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just got mine today

Man Crash & Burn...can't get it to change to color from B&W, Which means it wont upload the ROM. 3rd ex-fat32 thumb.
Haha I can't wait to see what I'm doing wrong when I look at this Tomorrow, gotta be something silly although it eludes me now.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man Crash & Burn...can't get it to change to color from B&W, Which means it wont upload the ROM. 3rd ex-fat32 thumb.
Haha I can't wait to see what I'm doing wrong when I look at this Tomorrow, gotta be something silly although it eludes me now.

Make sure when you download the rom that 1) left click the link and then 2) save as "chroma.rom"

I had issues with it until I did those two things.

#38 7 years ago

Not tonight....strange.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Drive needs to be formatted as FAT32 (not ex-fat32). For more help/info, please see this link:

http://www.colordmd.com/support_troubleshoot.html#firmware

#40 7 years ago

Haha wow, there's dumb and there's there's me! I was trying to install the older rom instead of the new chroma ...because RBION is old so it's an "older display." Classic.

Damn this thing looks perfect, great job again everyone...finally the respect Ripley deserves!

1 month later
#41 7 years ago

Ordered mine yesterday. I went with LED. Hopefully I don't regret it since it seems everyone else went with LCD...hoping the install is an easy one!

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Ordered mine yesterday. I went with LED. Hopefully I don't regret it since it seems everyone else went with LCD...hoping the install is an easy one!

I wanted LED but sold out!
You will be happy either way " best game ever"

#43 6 years ago

LED is really bright

#44 6 years ago

Installed my LED DMD in my Ripley's yesterday. Great choice, it looks fantastic! Here's a few notes for first time installers like me...

-The LED board is smaller than the LCD board and requires you to use the original U shaped metal mounting brackets on either side of the speaker panel.

-The directions are somewhat confusing as to which way to plug in the cables with the red end on one side...refer to my photos as a reference if need be. They aren't pinned a certain way so its possible to install the one end into the controller board backwards.

-When you first fire up the machine, the display is black and white and somewhat garbled. Change the setting to WS (Whitestar) and then the screen will display properly in black and white. Install the color chroma file and you are good to go. Make sure your thumb drive is formatted to Fat32 and no other files are on the drive.

-There is about a half inch or so gap below my DMD which isn't really visible but still bothers me a bit...what have you guys filled that gap with? Thick piece of black foam? Like to keep things looking as factory as possible

Overall very happy with my choice to go LED. I haven't messed with the color, contrast yet and have just let it factory for now. Huge improvement! I also have my original DMD for sale if anyone wants to send me a PM

IMG_4497 (resized).JPGIMG_4497 (resized).JPG

IMG_4507 (resized).JPGIMG_4507 (resized).JPG

IMG_4501 (resized).JPGIMG_4501 (resized).JPG

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

-There is about a half inch or so gap below my DMD which isn't really visible but still bothers me a bit...what have you guys filled that gap with? Thick piece of black foam? Like to keep things looking as factory as possible

Just get some black weather stripping with adhesive on it from a local home improvement or hardware store. Stick it to the metal frame around the LED panels, or to the wood of the panel around the hole - whichever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.95
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-54-believe-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.