(Topic ID: 180640)

ColorDMD Game 53: Don't Open! Dead Inside!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG
IMG_2654 (resized).JPG
IMG_2653 (resized).JPG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
TWD (resized).png
IMG_7825.JPG
most impressive (resized).png
1j9d2y (resized).jpg
chewy.gif
mowing.gif
maggie-600x395 (resized).jpg
full_prison.gif
IMG_9670 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

COLORDMD GAME 53: DON'T OPEN! DEAD INSIDE!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that The Walking Dead is the 53rd game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! The original hand-drawn animation in Walking Dead ranks among pinball's best! Enhanced by the ColorDMD's multicolor processing, you can nearly taste the flesh falling fresh from the bone!

TWD_Title (resized).PNGTWD_Title (resized).PNG

Veteran developer Eric Priepke brings the gore, returning for his sixth title following work on Batman, Spider-Man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones! His effort on this title and commitment to its completion has been commendable and greatly appreciated!

TWD_DeadInside (resized).PNGTWD_DeadInside (resized).PNG

Walking dead contains several complex animation sequences that change "on-the-fly" in response to playfield activity. These embody some of the most challenging sequences of any SAM game completed to date, and required Eric to develop innovative and custom solutions that could work within the bounds of the ColorDMD coloring engine.

This also required improvements to the ColorDMD engine itself, extending capabilities and adding new features that will also benefit future titles.

TWD_Rifle (resized).PNGTWD_Rifle (resized).PNG

Eric resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children. When not spending time with family, or rolling with Wisconsin's infamous "Ballers for Dollars" crew, Eric can usually be found contributing something to the pinball hobby. He is the author of "Cactus Canyon Continued", and an active contributor to the Pinside and P-ROC pinball discussion forums.

TWD_SingleKill (resized).PNGTWD_SingleKill (resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Walking Dead pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

TWD_Rioting (resized).PNGTWD_Rioting (resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Walking Dead pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, February 10!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Which display and setting is used in the promo video? LCD and dotsxl?

That's correct.

#112 7 years ago

TWD ROM RELEASE!

It's OK... you can open it now. Eric has outdone himself with his work on Walking Dead... and lived to tell about it!

Thanks to Dino for his continued generosity and support during the development of this game, and to Keith, Justin, and Scott for all the hours spent beta testing.

The color ROM to support Walking Dead pinball machines is now available for download from our SUPPORT site.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

TWD (resized).pngTWD (resized).png

#136 7 years ago

ColorDMD ROMs are updated with Eric's bug fix. Still shows the same version number (3.0).

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

randy -any news on LED boards?

We're still waiting on a large order or LED modules. The supplier's factory closed for three weeks for Chinese New Year. Hoping to receive an update early next week.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm installing mine right now, and I'm at the step where it tells me to attach the ground wire to the DMD. I don't see a ground wire in the machine. Is there one for this particular game? I just don't want to zap myself...

The metal speaker panel shouldn't need one as the display bracket should be grounded through the panel itself. You can verify this by doing a continuity test with a DMM.

1 week later
#209 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What's happening at around 2 min 38.5 sec mark? Looks like a hand moving maybe, before the doors open?

Yes, it's an arm reaching out through the door.

3 months later
#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone tell me if I need to buy the "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels" when installing the LCD ColorDMD in a TWD Pro?

Yes, the shield/standoffs are needed for all newer Stern games with metal speaker panels.

8 months later
#228 6 years ago

THE WALKING DEAD ROM UPDATE

The color ROM for The Walking Dead has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes changes in the V1.60 game code release for Horde, bug fixes for skill shot, and some other minor changes.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks to Eric Priepke for the update!

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNGTWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG

1 month later
#230 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
How to install the hardware?
I noticed I had a red plexiglass in front of my dmd. So I remove it.
Must I install a clear plexiglass or can I install my LCD without clear plexiglass?
Thanks

You should replace the red shield with a clear one for a finished look but it's not necessary.

#234 6 years ago

The display shields for wood speaker panels and metal speaker panels are different sizes. Anything that supports whitestar or sega games (which had wood speaker panels) won't be correct for TWD.

You can check with ColorDMD resellers (Pinball Palace UK, Ministry of Pinball, Pinball Universe) to see if they have any shields for new Stern games with metal speaker panels in stock.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-53-dont-open-dead-inside?tu=dmod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.