(Topic ID: 180640)

ColorDMD Game 53: Don't Open! Dead Inside!

By Dmod

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG
IMG_2654 (resized).JPG
IMG_2653 (resized).JPG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
TWD (resized).png
IMG_7825.JPG
most impressive (resized).png
1j9d2y (resized).jpg
chewy.gif
mowing.gif
maggie-600x395 (resized).jpg
full_prison.gif
IMG_9670 (resized).JPG

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago

Make sure which Rom you need. Chroma or ColorDMD

Talk to Randy too. He's the best at helping the customer figure out what's wrong.

#202 2 years ago

Ok I've got my ColorDMD working but it is in the grey scale.
I have been into the colour menu and it is at colour 60. I can change it to red blue green ect....... but not all the correct colours at once.
What am I doing wrong.

#203 2 years ago

Sounds like the ROM file isn't loaded from their website, or possibly the wrong one is loaded.

#204 2 years ago

Sounds to me like you have the sigma file loaded.

1. Determine which display you have. Chroma is the newer LCD and LED displays. If you bought it new recently it's a good chance it's one of these. ColorDMD is the older style. I believe the website may be able to help you determine which one of these it is by physical features.
http://www.colordmd.com/chromainfo.html

2. Download the ROM associated with your display for your game.
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

3. Copy onto a FAT32 formatted memory stick. The file must read chroma.rom or colordmd.rom exactly. I usually only have this on my stick to avoid anything that could cause confusion.

4. Install flash drive. Turn on game. Hold down left most button until screen turns off. Wait about 30 seconds and the screen should come back on.

Enjoy!

#205 2 years ago

E-mail Randy at ColorDmd if You need help. He is very good!!!

He and the guys here helped Me a ton.

It IS the best Color DMD of all my games!!!

But my scores really suck from looking up!!!

#206 2 years ago

Customer service is top notch.

#207 2 years ago

More Video : I'm no Elwin, but who wants to watch 40 minutes worth.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

More Video : I'm no Elwin, but who wants to watch 40 minutes worth.
» YouTube video

What's happening at around 2 min 38.5 sec mark? Looks like a hand moving maybe, before the doors open?

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What's happening at around 2 min 38.5 sec mark? Looks like a hand moving maybe, before the doors open?

Yes, it's an arm reaching out through the door.

#210 2 years ago

Loving the new software, really nice.

#211 2 years ago

I am installing a color DMD in Walking Dead. I removed old DMD, it had no ground strap. Only the speaker has a ground strap. Warnings on the color DMD say to ensure it is grounded. Has everyone been moving the ground strap from the speaker to display? Or is the color DMD fine not being grounded?

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I am installing a color DMD in Walking Dead. I removed old DMD, it had no ground strap. Only the speaker has a ground strap. Warnings on the color DMD say to ensure it is grounded. Has everyone been moving the ground strap from the speaker to display? Or is the color DMD fine not being grounded?

Your speaker panel should be made of metal which is grounded so no ground strap needed.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Your speaker panel should be made of metal which is grounded so no ground strap needed.

Thanks! I'll kill zombie you last during the apocalypse.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Just got done installing mine and yeah I didn't have a ground strap either other than what's on the speakers which are bolted to the metal panel.
Everything fired up fine & after dl'ing the Chroma file it looks awesome.

#215 2 years ago

Anyone using the LED colorDMD with TWD? Would love to see a video!

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Anyone using the LED colorDMD with TWD? Would love to see a video!

Me too.

1 week later
#217 2 years ago

Any videos of the LED version?

2 months later
#218 2 years ago

Can someone tell me if I need to buy the "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels" when installing the LCD ColorDMD in a TWD Pro?

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone tell me if I need to buy the "Shield/Standoffs for Metal Speaker Panels" when installing the LCD ColorDMD in a TWD Pro?

Yes, the shield/standoffs are needed for all newer Stern games with metal speaker panels.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes, the shield/standoffs are needed for all newer Stern games with metal speaker panels.

Thanks for your help and for emailing me on a holiday! I'll be placing my order shortly.

1 week later
#221 2 years ago

Spotted a glitch today. The colour wasn't right on one of the numbers during the Woodbury selection screen. Latest firmware installed.

IMG_8437.JPG

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Spotted a glitch today. The colour wasn't right on one of the numbers during the Woodbury selection screen. Latest firmware installed.

How did you get the Woodbury scoring so high? I've owned the game since it came out, and I don't think I've ever seen a 5 million reward.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Thanks, I'll make sure that gets fixed for the next update.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How did you get the Woodbury scoring so high? I've owned the game since it came out, and I don't think I've ever seen a 5 million reward.

He's one of those people who's annoyingly good at pinball.

...And he's got Nelophobia.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As you keep collecting the Woodbury award the next one is a million more. I had heard you can get an extra ball but I didn't see it. I got it up to six or seven million.

#226 2 years ago

Whoops should've read the destructions...

IMG_2652 (resized).JPG

IMG_2653 (resized).JPG

IMG_2654 (resized).JPG

#227 2 years ago

Just wondering to install a colordmd to my pin also.
When I read here some comments, I understand there is a new LCD color dmd? How i recognize if I buy a new or old one in a shop?
..unless it is the new firmware?
Thanks

8 months later
#228 1 year ago

THE WALKING DEAD ROM UPDATE

The color ROM for The Walking Dead has been updated and is available for download on the firmware support page of our site. The update fixes changes in the V1.60 game code release for Horde, bug fixes for skill shot, and some other minor changes.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Thanks to Eric Priepke for the update!

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG

1 month later
#229 1 year ago

Hi,
How to install the hardware?
I noticed I had a red plexiglass in front of my dmd. So I remove it.
Must I install a clear plexiglass or can I install my LCD without clear plexiglass?
Thanks

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
How to install the hardware?
I noticed I had a red plexiglass in front of my dmd. So I remove it.
Must I install a clear plexiglass or can I install my LCD without clear plexiglass?
Thanks

You should replace the red shield with a clear one for a finished look but it's not necessary.

#231 1 year ago

How is it called? I would like to find it in Europe if possible.
Thanks

Édit: is it this?
https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/dmd/dmd-display-cover-sega-stern-545-5884-00/

#232 1 year ago

How is it called? I would like to find it in Europe if possible.
Thanks
Édit: is it this?
https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/dmd/dmd-display-cover-sega-stern-545-5884-00/

Yep. That's it.

#233 1 year ago

I found this one too
https://pu-parts.com/color-dmd-display-kit-stern-sam-whitestar

Thanks...so it would wait this week-end!

#234 1 year ago

The display shields for wood speaker panels and metal speaker panels are different sizes. Anything that supports whitestar or sega games (which had wood speaker panels) won't be correct for TWD.

You can check with ColorDMD resellers (Pinball Palace UK, Ministry of Pinball, Pinball Universe) to see if they have any shields for new Stern games with metal speaker panels in stock.

#235 1 year ago

Thanks
PU is selling exactly what I need, I have metal panel on both, TWD and MET.
Thanks

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The display shields for wood speaker panels and metal speaker panels are different sizes. Anything that supports whitestar or sega games (which had wood speaker panels) won't be correct for TWD.

It's confusing because they say it fits games with metal speaker panels, but that is also works with Whitestar?

https://pu-parts.com/color-dmd-display-kit-stern-sam-whitestar

#237 1 year ago

Clear plexiglass received and dmdcolor installed.
Really great to have anything else then red!
I noticed that the v3.3 is different from the video example on dmdcolor website, less bright colors like the blue of the well. Maybe not the same rom update I guess otherwise I get a problem ?
I need now to experiment the different display modes and the best for me.
What did you choose?

#238 1 year ago

Clear plexiglass received and dmdcolor installed.
Really great to have anything else then red!
I noticed that the v3.3 is different from the video example on dmdcolor website, less bright colors like the blue of the well. Maybe not the same rom update I guess otherwise I get a problem ?
I need now to experiment the different display modes and the best for me.
What did you choose?

Colors on the videos never look quite right. Light is hard to film properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Ana, CA
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside