(Topic ID: 180640)

ColorDMD Game 53: Don't Open! Dead Inside!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG
IMG_2654 (resized).JPG
IMG_2653 (resized).JPG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
TWD (resized).png
IMG_7825.JPG
most impressive (resized).png
1j9d2y (resized).jpg
chewy.gif
mowing.gif
maggie-600x395 (resized).jpg
full_prison.gif
IMG_9670 (resized).JPG
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 7 years ago

Which display and setting is used in the promo video? LCD and dotsxl?

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Which display and setting is used in the promo video? LCD and dotsxl?

That's correct.

#104 7 years ago

I have waited so long for this release! I have had my ColorDMD installed running in sigma Red for a year or so... thank you for taking the time to program this for one of the best pins ever!!

#105 7 years ago

1j9d2y (resized).jpg1j9d2y (resized).jpg

#106 7 years ago

All I can say about this video preview is.......most impressive (resized).pngmost impressive (resized).png

#107 7 years ago

Oh boy, like I didn't want to buy this game enough. This might just push me over the top. Looks fantastic, congrats guys.

#108 7 years ago

Is there any way to work around the mounting kit? Living in Canada sucks for shipping. It costs 2x as much as the kit just in shipping. I think I have the spacers when I bought an LCD for Met. I just don't have the plastic screen protector.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Is there any way to work around the mounting kit? Living in Canada sucks for shipping. It costs 2x as much as the kit just in shipping. I think I have the spacers when I bought an LCD for Met. I just don't have the plastic screen protector.

I improvised the kit by using some spacers I had, and not using a plastic screen. I also used some black tape around the gap to block the backglass light.

The spacers seem to be the 1 critical part.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I just don't have the plastic screen protector.

If you are a little handy, go to Home depot or Lowes and buy a piece of Plexi 1:16" and with a fine scroll saw blade cut it to shape and drill it. Use the original red one to trace a template. Don't peel the paper off until the cuts and the 4 drilled holes are done.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

This is what I intend to do with mine. Utilising some hex posts left over from a previous ColorDMD install.

IMG_7825.JPGIMG_7825.JPG

#112 7 years ago

TWD ROM RELEASE!

It's OK... you can open it now. Eric has outdone himself with his work on Walking Dead... and lived to tell about it!

Thanks to Dino for his continued generosity and support during the development of this game, and to Keith, Justin, and Scott for all the hours spent beta testing.

The color ROM to support Walking Dead pinball machines is now available for download from our SUPPORT site.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

TWD (resized).pngTWD (resized).png

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

You can also buy the clear plexi directly from Pinbits. Maybe they can ship it cheaper to Canada? Worth checking at least.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=573&zenid=8e00aad8ed5597eb06ba17357883f4bc

#115 7 years ago

The ColorDMD should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

#116 7 years ago

OMG OMG. I hope you don't hate it

#117 7 years ago

WoW, what an amazing job. There was a frame or too that was missed in coloring one of them for sure is when you drain the ball and the zombie count piles up and I think the other was well walker multi ball. However holy shit it's one of the best I ever seen in color.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

WoW, what an amazing job. There was a frame or too that was missed in coloring one of them for sure is when you drain the ball and the zombie count piles up and I think the other was well walker multi ball. However holy shit it's one of the best I ever seen in color.

The end of the body pile count up goes to grey because the last few frames aren't easily mask-able. And trying to color it while it did the flip transition would be a nightmare anyway. The text/border stay colored though. And it does stay in color during the count up, until the last few. So if you get a big number, it stays in color most of that time.

Edit: To be more specific, the score count up stops while the last few bodies keep falling, but I can't mask out the score part because bodies fall behind it. It's a mess. I did what I could.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The end of the body pile count up goes to grey

I pretty sure one popped in red real fast, I'll play now and check again

#120 7 years ago

I pretty sure one popped in red real fast, I'll play now and check again

The default color isn't red, so that would be interesting

#121 7 years ago

No my default on the color dmd prior to the rom install was red. Ok when the bodies are falling they are grey like you said, the very last frame where the tally is the frame I'm talking about. I'll take a quick video now maybe it's just me and supposed to be that way Excellent Job.

#122 7 years ago

No my default on the color dmd prior to the rom install was red. Ok when the bodies are falling they are grey like you said, the very last frame where the tally is the frame I'm talking about. I'll take a quick video now maybe it's just me and supposed to be that way Excellent Job.

Each ColorDMD rom has it's own default "I don't detect anything color" and TWD's isn't Red. As for the pile turning grey just before the flip - explanation is above.

If I captured all 115 variations of the count (1,2,3,etc) I could make it color RIGHT up to the flip, I guess. But the flip would still be grey. Maybe if stern updates the code I'll go through that hassle

#123 7 years ago

LOL I hear ya, awesome work.

pm sent

#124 7 years ago

But hell I wouldn't do anything until final code, way too much to do if there would be changes anyway.

#125 7 years ago

But hell I wouldn't do anything until final code, way too much to do if there would be changes anyway.

Interesting. Thanks for the video. I'll check it out.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The default color isn't red

so what would you set the color setting to for full color/all colors on the dmd vs a singular color? or is it defaulted to all colors for the dmd?

thanks!

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Buying the LED seems like a good option as it fits perfect. Haven't seen one yet in person though.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

or is it defaulted to all colors for the dmd?

I believe when you load a rom file it takes priority over any previous settings.

#129 7 years ago

This is by far my favorite colordmd of them all, freaking awesome.

#130 7 years ago

This is by far my favorite colordmd of them all, freaking awesome.

Thanks. Also, that red flash is definitely a bug. I fixed it, but I don't know if Randy will rebuild the ROM right away - or wait to see if anything else turns up. Even with the beta testing we did, there was work right up to the end, so things (like that red flash) may have crept in.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

so what would you set the color setting to for full color/all colors on the dmd vs a singular color? or is it defaulted to all colors for the dmd?
thanks!

When you load a game specific ROM, it takes full control of the color. When you're using the sigma rom, you pick the color -- but with a ROM loaded, that setting does not apply.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Thanks. Also, that red flash is definitely a bug. I fixed it, but I don't know if Randy will rebuild the ROM right away - or wait to see if anything else turns up. Even with the beta testing we did, there was work right up to the end, so things (like that red flash) may have crept in.

That's what the community is here for to help anyway we can even if it's just putting eyeballs on something, because after many many hours or doing this I'm sure your eyes go colorblind a bit, I know mine would lol.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The ColorDMD should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

Same here!

#134 7 years ago

USPS shows mine coming Saturday

#135 7 years ago

Prison multiball that's Lyman with the sniper rifle, is it also Lyman that's getting his ass chewed up when the ball is in the pop bumpers?

Wow I never even realized half of the animations that are in here until now tons of blood, guts and gore. You guys are in for a treat it was well worth the wait.

#136 7 years ago

ColorDMD ROMs are updated with Eric's bug fix. Still shows the same version number (3.0).

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD ROMs are updated with Eric's bug fix. Still shows the same version number (3.0).

Great! Now that's prompt service.

#138 7 years ago

Great work Eric. I hope people fully realize the coloring talent you have...

Just thinking about the zombies themselves - how do you make dull greys and old flesh tones on dirty zombies look good in color? Get Eric to do color dots, that's how.

#139 7 years ago

randy -any news on LED boards?

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

randy -any news on LED boards?

We're still waiting on a large order or LED modules. The supplier's factory closed for three weeks for Chinese New Year. Hoping to receive an update early next week.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

We're still waiting on a large order or LED modules. The supplier's factory closed for three weeks for Chinese New Year. Hoping to receive an update early next week.

When do we get "American New Year?" I could use three weeks off to play my TWD with the new color dots - - maybe I'll actually make it to Last Man Standing for once...

#142 7 years ago

Holy hell this is pretty darn awesome! Thanks again Eric and ColorDMD!!!

Hires is definitely my favorite mode so far. Can't wait to see all the modes!

Here's a video taken while I was holding the camera and playing single handed.

#143 7 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the update? I've tried 3 USB sticks and can't get it to update and I'm usually pretty good at this stuff.

File properly named, insert USB stick and program and status blink once to acknowledge the thumb drive.
Hold down the install button for 5 blinks and display goes blank.
"Init" light goes solid and "Prog" blinks 1 flash repeatedly over and over.

Help?

#144 7 years ago

Is your display new enough to need a chroma rom? The newest LCDs use the chroma board as well.

#145 7 years ago

Two things make sure you have the right file for the right type of display and second format USB stick in fat32 format

#146 7 years ago

Brand new today. Says Sigma 3.2 and has a product key showing up in the menu.

Two things make sure you have the right file for the right type of display and second format USB stick in fat32 format

I am on a mac and formatted Fat32 but there are two scheme options: GUID partition or Master Boot. Make a difference?

Thanks

#147 7 years ago

Go with master boot

#148 7 years ago

Has this been posted yet?

Keith Elwin plays. ColorDMD. Adam Lefkoff and Keith commentate.

#149 7 years ago

Ohh yeah one other thing, it will take longer then usual I noticed. So let it run for a minute before you think it's not responding.

I was like wtf but it did take at least 3x longer then usual

#150 7 years ago

Go with master boot

Thanks, same results though....crazy. I've done this in the past without issues....

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-53-dont-open-dead-inside/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.