(Topic ID: 180640)

ColorDMD Game 53: Don't Open! Dead Inside!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG
IMG_2654 (resized).JPG
IMG_2653 (resized).JPG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
TWD (resized).png
IMG_7825.JPG
most impressive (resized).png
1j9d2y (resized).jpg
chewy.gif
mowing.gif
maggie-600x395 (resized).jpg
full_prison.gif
IMG_9670 (resized).JPG
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago

Video please!

I think the SMVE Color DMD, which Eric also did, could be the best color dmd yet! Looks fantastic. This one looks like it is headed in that direction also. Enjoy TWD owners!

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think the newer games that use 12 levels of brightness (16 in SPIKE) suffer a bit on the LEDs because the dimmer brightnesses aren't as distinct and the points of light get small. Pretty different from the 3 levels of brightness in older games.
But everybody likes different things for different reasons, so good luck trying to decide

Early TWD's are not Spike so will they be better with LED?

Would prefer LED just because the LCD feels like a bit clunky the way it fits.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Early TWD's are not Spike so will they be better with LED?
Would prefer LED just because the LCD feels like a bit clunky the way it fits.

TWDs are all SAM and use 12 levels of brightness. But there's no reason you can't use an LED display for it. Use whatever you prefer!

#54 7 years ago

Curse you ColorDMD. My wallet is now emptier than a eunuch's underpants.

#55 7 years ago

Too cool. TWD has some of the best dots ever, this will take it over the top.

#56 7 years ago

If i have a very early LE version of this game (TWD) ,does it mean i don't have a metal backbox.

I am not sure , although i should be .

Want to order today and don't have the machine to double check.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

If i have a very early LE version of this game (TWD) ,does it mean i don't have a metal backbox.
I am not sure , although i should be .
Want to order today and don't have the machine to double check.

I'm pretty sure all versions of TWD had the metal backbox. Metallica was the only transition game I know of that came with some old style and some new. Oh, and Ironman Vault has metal, where the original did not.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm pretty sure all versions of TWD had the metal backbox. Metallica was the only transition game I know of that came with some old style and some new. Oh, and Ironman Vault has metal, where the original did not.

and AC/DC LED Pro

#59 7 years ago

Eric >>> when do you want to borrow one of my games that stil needs color? By the looks of it, you are running out of games to color

#60 7 years ago

Very nice... I really had no idea TWD had such nice dots, color really made things pop.

#61 7 years ago

Damn...good work as always. Impressive.

#62 7 years ago

Wow, that looks so good...I would consider getting this game now!

#63 7 years ago

Please do ghostbusters next!

#64 7 years ago

Speaking of Ghostbusters...

Are there any Color DMD's for Spike Systems?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

You can install a Sigma display currently -- but no SPIKE games have been colored. Yet.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

You need to connect 12v to the display. At least the Sigma is supported with a beta version at this time. More about it on this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-spike-is-coming

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Very nice... I really had no idea TWD had such nice dots, color really made things pop.

Arguably it has the best dots ever (there's a case to be made for MET, and maybe AC/DC). No low res video like earlier Sterns. No low res 3D animations like GOT and GB. Just wonderful dots. As God intended.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just wonderful dots. As God intended.

...and that's why Dots XL. FOR JEEBUS!!!!

#69 7 years ago

Great job, @epthegeek! I think I debated a little while before buying my first two Color DMDs, but not this one! Ordered this morning.

#70 7 years ago

I don't even own TWD & this has me super excited Best dots of all time without question, this takes it to another level. Looks like it time to start selling a few pins & make purchasing TWD a priority.

#71 7 years ago

Meh. Looks okay. I may have ordered yesterday. Seriously, just ordered. This is fantastic. Great job.

#72 7 years ago

TWD ColourDMD preview is up on Facebook! Go check it out in all its gory detail, easily the best dots+ColourDMD, amazing work!

https://m.facebook.com/colordmd/?refid=18&__tn__=C

#73 7 years ago

Here's the youtube link for non face-bookers:

#74 7 years ago

Is there a video available that shows the display in HiRes or Scan mode?

#75 7 years ago

Is every person wearing blue? Baby blue?

#76 7 years ago

I said it in another thread, this is probably one of if not the best ColorDMD to date, yes even beats the mighty MET IMHO.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is every person wearing blue? Baby blue?

Colors aren't exactly accurate in video recording off the display. Especially blues.

Edit: Well, the guy in the skillshot is wearing really light blue - because I figured it was patient scrubs, because he's in a hospital.

#78 7 years ago

This title really shows off the artistic quality of the colorist and the technical prowess of the inventor. Great job guys, one of the nicest colordmd treatments to date. Very impressive. I want to buy this game just to install the colordmd. Wow!

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This title really shows off the artistic quality of the colorist and the technical prowess of the inventor. Great job guys, one of the nicest colordmd treatments to date. Very impressive. I want to buy this game just to install the colordmd. Wow!

IMG_9670 (resized).JPGIMG_9670 (resized).JPG

#80 7 years ago

This looks fantastic. It will be going in my machine as soon as I receive the kit (already ordered) required for metal panel Sterns.

Thanks to the team involved in this. Nice cosmetic upgrade to what was already the best pin ever made.

Spoiler Alert on the vid! I'd never seen LMS. Seriously... I've had Billion + scores, but my highest walker kills sit around 80. Who is getting to LMS with the glass on???!!

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Who is getting to LMS with the glass on???!!

KME

#82 7 years ago

Looks just awesome.

The TWD club thread has a few members who mention making it to LMS, and I think a few beat it.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Looks just awesome.
The TWD club thread has a few members who mention making it to LMS, and I think a few beat it.

I think most who made it have either lowered the factory requirement (can be set as low as 60) or have cheater posts installed.-looking at you Ice

#84 7 years ago

If I owned a TWD, this would be a must buy.

#85 7 years ago

This is awesome news! I've been eagerly anticipating support for this title for a long time, and with Eric at the helm, I know I won't be disappointed. Just ordered.

#86 7 years ago

Wow, TWD.......maybe the best dots evar now in colordmd. Congrats to owners. I have colordmd on all my pins and never going back.....a must.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think most who made it have either lowered the factory requirement (can be set as low as 60) or have cheater posts installed.-looking at you Ice

Ya, lots of tweaked TWD machines out there so its hard to compare play and scores.

#88 7 years ago

There are some great colordmd pins out there. POTC is a real stand out to me as well, and owning it doesn't hurt

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'd never seen LMS. Seriously... I've had Billion + scores, but my highest walker kills sit around 80. Who is getting to LMS with the glass on???!!

I've done it once (and remarkably was able to beat it the one time I got there!), and I grabbed my cell phone to grab a partial video of the LMS start sequence with the babes in the bikinis. Pretty funny stuff.

#90 7 years ago

Absolutely awesome! I think TWD and SMVE are the pinnacle of Colored DMD animation. Would love to see GOT, but not sure the clarity would be there like this...regardless, Kudos!

#91 7 years ago

Here's another one of the good bits that didn't make the video -- it's from early on, so the grass is greener than it ended up in the final color. Click for full size to avoid any compression artifacts.

full_prison.giffull_prison.gif

Edit: Re why the shirt on the front guy is so bright vs the rest - the dots for that character are full brightness, everything else in the prison scene is not so bright, and there's only so many palette slots.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's another one of the good bits that didn't make the video -- it's from early on, so the grass is greener than it ended up in the final color. Click for full size to avoid any compression artifacts.

Edit: Re why the shirt on the front guy is so bright vs the rest - the dots for that character are full brightness, everything else in the prison scene is not so bright, and there's only so many palette slots.

Haha, that's the Borg zombie! I don't know the show so I'm probably wrong....but since it's a prison yard, shouldn't they be wearing orange?

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha, that's the Borg zombie! I don't know the show so I'm probably wrong....but since it's a prison yard, shouldn't they be wearing orange?

maggie-600x395 (resized).jpgmaggie-600x395 (resized).jpg

Granted, in other shots they're a lot more faded, almost grey, but they're dark dots and wouldn't look good like that. So blue it was.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It would be impossible to fully answer that question without spoiling the show .... That's definitely supposed to be a Borg zombie, though.

#95 7 years ago

More hot hot hits. Click for full size/clear.

mowing.gifmowing.gif

chewy.gifchewy.gif

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Granted, in other shots there a lot more faded, almost grey, but they're dark dots and wouldn't look good like that. So blue it was.

Awesome! I'll shut up now lol

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

More hot hot hits. Click for full size/clear.

Excellent! What do you prefer, the LED or the LCD for this title?

What are other buyers here going with, LCD or LED? And why?

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Excellent! What do you prefer, the LED or the LCD for this title?
What are other buyers here going with, LCD or LED? And why?

Love the LCD scan option but it feels clunky to fit as opposed to LED, perfect fit but possible too bright?

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love the LCD scan option but it feels clunky to fit as opposed to LED, perfect fit but possible too bright?

I thought I read that the LED brightness is no longer an issue.

As I've read it, LCD for scan and res options, LED for fit and LED playfields (better congruence and overall look).

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been there twice without any of this nonsense installed or settings changed. It's not as hard to get to as siege.

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-53-dont-open-dead-inside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.