(Topic ID: 180640)

ColorDMD Game 53: Don't Open! Dead Inside!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TWD_BicycleGirl (resized).PNG
IMG_2654 (resized).JPG
IMG_2653 (resized).JPG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
TWD (resized).png
IMG_7825.JPG
most impressive (resized).png
1j9d2y (resized).jpg
chewy.gif
mowing.gif
maggie-600x395 (resized).jpg
full_prison.gif
IMG_9670 (resized).JPG
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

COLORDMD GAME 53: DON'T OPEN! DEAD INSIDE!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that The Walking Dead is the 53rd game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! The original hand-drawn animation in Walking Dead ranks among pinball's best! Enhanced by the ColorDMD's multicolor processing, you can nearly taste the flesh falling fresh from the bone!

TWD_Title (resized).PNGTWD_Title (resized).PNG

Veteran developer Eric Priepke brings the gore, returning for his sixth title following work on Batman, Spider-Man VE, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and the Flintstones! His effort on this title and commitment to its completion has been commendable and greatly appreciated!

TWD_DeadInside (resized).PNGTWD_DeadInside (resized).PNG

Walking dead contains several complex animation sequences that change "on-the-fly" in response to playfield activity. These embody some of the most challenging sequences of any SAM game completed to date, and required Eric to develop innovative and custom solutions that could work within the bounds of the ColorDMD coloring engine.

This also required improvements to the ColorDMD engine itself, extending capabilities and adding new features that will also benefit future titles.

TWD_Rifle (resized).PNGTWD_Rifle (resized).PNG

Eric resides in Wisconsin with his wife and two children. When not spending time with family, or rolling with Wisconsin's infamous "Ballers for Dollars" crew, Eric can usually be found contributing something to the pinball hobby. He is the author of "Cactus Canyon Continued", and an active contributor to the Pinside and P-ROC pinball discussion forums.

TWD_SingleKill (resized).PNGTWD_SingleKill (resized).PNG

The ColorDMD for Walking Dead pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

TWD_Rioting (resized).PNGTWD_Rioting (resized).PNG

Displays are shipping now from our store site or through our distributors. The color ROM for Walking Dead pinball machines is targeted for release by Friday, February 10!

For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

#3 7 years ago

Wow that looks amazing.... and now i need to order one bc its only pin in my collection missing one.... ugh....

#4 7 years ago

Wow nice job!

#5 7 years ago

TWD has possibly the best dots in any game ever. Cannot wait to see them in color!

Hope that ST is soon now that the 'on-the-fly' animations hurdle has been overcome.

#6 7 years ago

This one sld look really good upscaled also .... like met but even better.

#7 7 years ago

Awesome job, looks so good!

#8 7 years ago

Touch my nipples thats awesome!

#9 7 years ago

Congrats Eric, Randy, Chris and everyone who helped on the game. No one will know all the headaches you went through for this one but, to me, it was worth it.

#10 7 years ago

Boom! Ordered... I don't even have to wait for the teaser video, I know that if Eric did the dots than it's going to be killer! Can't wait to see all that beautiful blood and gore in color! Thanks Eric and ColorDMD!

#11 7 years ago

Congrats. Looks great. Were you able to make it work with the older 1.3 boards? Crossing my fingers.

#12 7 years ago

Amazing! What would we do without you Eric? You sir are a LEGEND!

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Congrats. Looks great. Were you able to make it work with the older 1.3 boards? Crossing my fingers.

Works on all versions.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Works on all versions.

Most excellent! Thanks!

#15 7 years ago

This is an EPIC release. Congrats to all involved.

#16 7 years ago

By far the most anticipated "newer game" ColorDMD release.

This is going to look incredible. I honestly wondered who did CCC, so man, what a veteran taking TWD on. This is simply awesome. Almost makes me want to buy TWD again.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The wait is finally over!

For some, others will complain that it was not a Star Trek release.

#18 7 years ago

So I already have one but didn't buy the install kit cuz it was for ironman original. Can I still install in newer type stern head without this kit?

#19 7 years ago

Why are you making me wait till Friday?

I was already to skip work today when I saw the notice.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

So I already have one but didn't buy the install kit cuz it was for ironman original. Can I still install in newer type stern head without this kit?

The spacers and the new window are required for the metal backbox.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Why are you making me wait till Friday?
I was already to skip work today when I saw the notice.

Same week release is already accelerated!

#22 7 years ago

Awesome

Can you ship my order first

#23 7 years ago

Sweet! Ordered!!!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Congrats Eric, Randy, Chris and everyone who helped on the game. No one will know all the headaches you went through for this one but, to me, it was worth it.

This game absolutely wouldn't have been possible without Randy constantly improving the engine that drives the system. Again. and Again. and ...

#25 7 years ago

Wow!!! My game already has color DMD installed waiting for Friday!!!

#26 7 years ago

Lets see if this works - this is one of my favorite bits:

stomp_the_yard.gifstomp_the_yard.gif

enh, the gif gets a little weird for me, oh well. edit: Oh, it's because of the scaling - looks fine full size.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

enh, the gif gets a little weird for me, oh well. edit: Oh, it's because of the scaling - looks fine full size.

Badass! Well done

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The spacers and the new window are required for the metal backbox.

Any home remedies to get around this?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Any home remedies to get around this?

You might have stuff you could use for the spacers, but unless you've got a laser cutter, I doubt you've got a clear window to replace the default red one with.

#30 7 years ago

Ordered. Thanks Eric!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You might have stuff you could use for the spacers, but unless you've got a laser cutter, I doubt you've got a clear window to replace the default red one with.

Damn...just got my order couple days ago. Went to site to order kit, wouldn't let me place in cart without display.

#32 7 years ago

Sweet.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Damn...just got my order couple days ago. Went to site to order kit, wouldn't let me place in cart without display.

From the store front page, go to the accessories section and get it there. Adds to cart for me just fine.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

From the store front page, go to the accessories section and get it there. Adds to cart for me just fine.

Thanks.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Shit. I don't own one of these but may need to get one just to put in the color display...

Jaz

#36 7 years ago

Bad to the bone. Great work ColorDMD guys. Excited for that teaser video!

#37 7 years ago

Dont Dead, Open Inside!

#38 7 years ago

Excellent! Have had a ColorDMD in my TWD ever since I bought the pin. Thanks to Eric and everyone involved, looking forward to Friday.

#39 7 years ago

Great job Eric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Local route players need to drop in more coin so we can upgrade to this

#40 7 years ago

Sweeeeeeeeet! Now to decide whether to go with LCD or wait for LED. I put LED displays in my TAF and SS machines (my MB has an LCD), and I've got to say that I prefer the look of LED in those 90's B/W games. With the smooth animations of modern Sterns, however, I think I'm leaning LCD.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Sweeeeeeeeet! Now to decide whether to go with LCD or wait for LED. I put LED displays in my TAF and SS machines (my MB has an LCD), and I've got to say that I prefer the look of LED in those 90's B/W games. With the smooth animations of modern Sterns, however, I think I'm leaning LCD.

I think the newer games that use 12 levels of brightness (16 in SPIKE) suffer a bit on the LEDs because the dimmer brightnesses aren't as distinct and the points of light get small. Pretty different from the 3 levels of brightness in older games.

But everybody likes different things for different reasons, so good luck trying to decide

#42 7 years ago

So damn cool. Great job Eric.

People who said it looked fine in one color like all red and didn't think it needed full color just saw the frames and saw how dumb they were.

Every game looks better in color. Gonna make some money!!!!

#43 7 years ago

How does it look in HIRES and SCAN?

#44 7 years ago

Awesome! One of the best games with THE BEST dots just got a lot better. Thanks Eric! I just ordered one.

#45 7 years ago

Here are a few of the sample frames Randy used for the announcement with the smoothing on.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.09.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.09.49 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.10.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.10.34 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.11.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.11.27 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.14.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 9.14.05 AM (resized).png

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think the newer games that use 12 levels of brightness (16 in SPIKE) suffer a bit on the LEDs because the dimmer brightnesses aren't as distinct and the points of light get small. Pretty different from the 3 levels of brightness in older games.
But everybody likes different things for different reasons, so good luck trying to decide

Good to know! Thanks!!

#47 7 years ago

Way to go Eric!

#48 7 years ago

Annnnnnnnnd... ordered!

#49 7 years ago

Man, I promised my wife no new pinball purchases for a while. I guess better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Like a lot of members out there TWD and ST are my dream colored games.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here are a few of the sample frames Randy used for the announcement with the smoothing on.

I'm usually a DOTSXL guy but the smoothing on those frames looks outstanding! May have to try that out first. And I feel kind of dumb for not realizing until now that the guy with the rifle was Lyman. What a difference color makes!

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-53-dont-open-dead-inside/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.