(Topic ID: 174212)

ColorDMD Game 50: Love Never Dies! The Video Preview is Here!

By Dmod

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BSD_Dracula (resized).PNG
BSD (resized).jpg
Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpg
surly (resized).jpg
john-carpenter-they-live-obey-2 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
hires2 (resized).JPG
hires (resized).JPG
credits (resized).JPG
Credits (resized).PNG
replay movie (resized).JPG
replay (resized).JPG
multiplier (resized).PNG
57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg
Rats build up (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago

Love never dies, but my bank account just might.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is their any way to replace the red window with a clear window on the stock speaker panel?

57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Fair warning if you're picky like me, that repro panel blows IMO. Or the original on my game is not accurate? And yes I peeled off both sides of the film.
Blue is too light.
"Love Never Dies". Is extemely opaque instead of clearish windows for the letters.
Purple blood running down the panel mixed with red blood. Is this accurate? My original is all red blood.
Print quality itself is a little "fuzzy". Not sharp at all when up close.

Does it look just like the picture on e-bay? If not, then there's your sign. Even if it does, there's your sign.

#76 7 years ago

I just went thru this whole ordeal with a PPS licensed classic arcades reproduction backglass. That in itself will prevent me from adding color DMD to this game because I am certainly not going to buy that speaker panel and there is no way I am going to cut my pristine original.

Enjoy your color, but I aint buying that garbage. Maybe if somebody else wants to make one of quality, but until then it's not worth it to me.

#79 7 years ago

Looks even worse when you put them side by side. Maybe that dude's colorblind.

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Don't diss the colorblind. I'm colorblind and I can tell it looks like crap, too! I think he's just too lazy to fix it because people keep buying it.

I wasn't dissing. Just sayin'. It's almost like he's selling the last of the Twinkies when they stopped making them and nobody cares they are stale.

Edit- scratch that, Twinkies don't go stale.

#85 7 years ago

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Isn't anybody worried that this guy is involved?

I read this comment and decided to wait and see. Worried isn't exactly what I was thinking, but wasn't going to buy one until a few revues were in. Now it looks like I have $500+ to spend elsewhere.

#90 7 years ago

I guess it would be easier and cheaper just to leave the speaker panel out of the game then. In a dark environment you would hardly notice it.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Flashers might be a little bright.

We could remove them too and still not have to send money for a POS speaker panel. But again there is no way I'm cutting my original.

How the heck does this stuff get past quality control? I was all set to fork over the dough for the color upgrade, but not until a similar quality panel that wont need butchering exists. That's just me though. I don't support half ass parts.

#95 7 years ago

Enough people waiting or sending them back, which is exactly what I would do, and who knows, they may try to redo it and get it right. Doubtful though. I've seen this movie before. Enjoy your color, I'm out. Not sending that dude a dime. It's the principal of the matter.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The color did not bother me and after a while you wont even notice it.

john-carpenter-they-live-obey-2 (resized).jpgjohn-carpenter-they-live-obey-2 (resized).jpg

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You know what O-din? Tomorrow I'll get some paint thinner and try it on my old speaker panel. If it turns out alright, I'll ship my old speaker panel to you so you can try the colorDMD.

You'd do that for me? What a guy! How bout making it easy on yourself and just send me the panel and I'll do the dirty work.

Like I said, my original is just too nice to butcher.

#105 7 years ago

Wouldn't you rather just use it in yours? I mean I like a handout as much as the next guy....

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Stuff like this is why I haven't given up on pinside.

It sounded like a great offer and he more than willing to send it, but I'm not sure I feel right about taking somebody elses panel that goes with their machine.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe if he gets the red off clean, you could trade him for yours? :shrug:

My machine is in such nice original condition that the panel stays with it and I won't be butchering it. Which is one of the reasons I feel bad about taking somebody elses. At the same time I can't justify buying a poor reproduction.

He's offered it so it's up to him, but a quality repro close to the original really would have been better for every body involved.

I've decided I can live without it and just leave my machine the way it is.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

At least someone was paying attention.

Oh, I was paying attention alright. And the responses to your post cracked me up!

#116 7 years ago

Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpgAlfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-50-love-never-dies?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.