ColorDMD Game 50: Love Never Dies! The Video Preview is Here!

(Topic ID: 174212)

ColorDMD Game 50: Love Never Dies! The Video Preview is Here!

By Dmod

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSD_Dracula (resized).PNG
BSD (resized).jpg
Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpg
surly (resized).jpg
john-carpenter-they-live-obey-2 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
hires2 (resized).JPG
hires (resized).JPG
credits (resized).JPG
Credits (resized).PNG
replay movie (resized).JPG
replay (resized).JPG
multiplier (resized).PNG
57445-1101-2-3ww-l (resized).jpg
Rats build up (resized).PNG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago

Dude, go relax and drink a beer.
surly (resized).jpg

#102 2 years ago

You know what O-din? Tomorrow I'll get some paint thinner and try it on my old speaker panel. If it turns out alright, I'll ship my old speaker panel to you so you can try the colorDMD.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You know what O-din? Tomorrow I'll get some paint thinner and try it on my old speaker panel. If it turns out alright, I'll ship my old speaker panel to you so you can try the colorDMD.

You'd do that for me? What a guy! How bout making it easy on yourself and just send me the panel and I'll do the dirty work.

Like I said, my original is just too nice to butcher.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You'd do that for me? What a guy! How bout making it easy on yourself and just send me the panel and I'll do the dirty work.
Like I said, my original is just too nice to butcher.

PM sent.

#105 2 years ago

Wouldn't you rather just use it in yours? I mean I like a handout as much as the next guy....

#106 2 years ago

Is that what it is on the original panel? a paint coating making it red?

Has anyone actually tried to make one clear lol

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stuff like this is why I haven't given up on pinside.

#108 2 years ago

Went back and forth with trying an LED version, but opted to stick with the LCD model for BSD...

Jaz

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is that what it is on the original panel? a paint coating making it red?
Has anyone actually tried to make one clear lol

Yea, the stock panel has a red layer screened onto it. I did a little playing around with some small tests in a hidden area on the backside to see how "removable" it was. Personally, I wouldn't recommend trying it.

If you want a ColorDMD in BSD, either remove the panel altogether or get a repro. Now I have to remember where I put my repro, I ordered it like 2 years ago...

Jaz

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Stuff like this is why I haven't given up on pinside.

It sounded like a great offer and he more than willing to send it, but I'm not sure I feel right about taking somebody elses panel that goes with their machine.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It sounded like a great offer and he more than willing to send it, but I'm not sure I feel right about taking somebody elses panel that goes with their machine.

Maybe if he gets the red off clean, you could trade him for yours? :shrug:

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe if he gets the red off clean, you could trade him for yours? :shrug:

My machine is in such nice original condition that the panel stays with it and I won't be butchering it. Which is one of the reasons I feel bad about taking somebody elses. At the same time I can't justify buying a poor reproduction.

He's offered it so it's up to him, but a quality repro close to the original really would have been better for every body involved.

I've decided I can live without it and just leave my machine the way it is.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read this comment and decided to wait and see. Worried isn't exactly what I was thinking, but wasn't going to buy one until a few revues were in. Now it looks like I have $500+ to spend elsewhere.

At least someone was paying attention.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

At least someone was paying attention.

Oh, I was paying attention alright. And the responses to your post cracked me up!

#115 2 years ago

#116 2 years ago

Alfred-E-Newman-what-me-worry (resized).jpg

#117 2 years ago

Thats some funny stuff....

#118 2 years ago

#119 2 years ago

I don't mind the contrasting LOVE NEVER DIES ......... but the turquoise snow and orange blood look like absolute crap.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I don't mind the contrasting LOVE NEVER DIES ......... but the turquoise snow and orange blood look like absolute crap.

I think (besides the obvious purple areas) the blood color looks quite similar. I'm thinking from the distance a player stands it'll look decent enough to me. If someone were to document a process for safely removing the red I'd use the original, but I'm not going to worry about using the repro for now.

BSD (resized).jpg

#121 2 years ago

I have zero issues with the repro panel. Is it an exact match? Nope! Is it close enough for me so I can use the color DMD? Yep!

I helped beta test this and I'm really glad Randy decided to tackle it. Bram Stoker's Dracula just got that much better IMHO!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#122 2 years ago

Is color DMD ever going to sell their kits on Ebay? I personally cannot justify the prices for these though I really do want them. I would be a lot more interested in buying this and even a couple others when Ebay bucks comes every quarter and I have $300-$400 racked up and need to buy something? Is this something they would ever consider even id they up the price to cover the overhead ebay fees creates?

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Is color DMD ever going to sell their kits on Ebay? I personally cannot justify the prices for these though I really do want them. I would be a lot more interested in buying this and even a couple others when Ebay bucks comes every quarter and I have $300-$400 racked up and need to buy something? Is this something they would ever consider even id they up the price to cover the overhead ebay fees creates?

They have been on Ebay in the past, but it's been awhile.

#125 2 years ago

Played BSD for a few hours tonight, man I still love this pin it rocks so hard! Killed Dracula off twice, love stabbing him and hearing his screams and moans. The "I'd like to cut off her head and take out her heart" quote is a bit much, but that's why this game is so great. No other pin is as dark, evil and intense as BSD...she's a keeper! Will install an LCD ColorDMD when the speaker panel issues get worked out. I'm picking up an AC/DC Luci tomorrow, but BSD isn't going anywhere

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Will install an LCD ColorDMD when the speaker panel issues get worked out.

Don't takes bets on it and don't hold your breath.

#127 2 years ago

DRACULA RELEASED!

The color ROMs to support Dracula Pinball machines have been released and are now available for download from the firmware SUPPORT page of our site.

Thanks very much to Jake Deckard for his awesome work in bringing color to BSD!

Thanks to Greg Colton, Rob Bell, and Mark Craven for their help with beta testing!

Thanks also to Jeff McAfee of Classic Aracades and Rick Bartlett of Planetary Pinball for their help in making reproduction speaker panels available for use with the ColorDMD.

BSD_Dracula (resized).PNG

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

DRACULA RELEASED!

Nice!

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Is it close enough for me so I can use the color DMD? Yep!
I helped beta test this and I'm really glad Randy decided to tackle it. Bram Stoker's Dracula just got that much better IMHO!

Quoted from MrBellMan:

I have zero issues with the repro panel. Is it an exact match? Nope! Is it close enough for me so I can use the color DMD? Yep!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Exactly!

#130 2 years ago

Man this color dmd may be one the best to date. Seriously u don't even notice the panel is slightly different.

#131 2 years ago

I plan on putting in an LCD (on the way) and I wanted to know if there are any additional hardware that is needed? I have a LED strip that I plan to use to light the love never dies so I think the concern with the LCD vs. LED and using the love never dies lights will be answered shortly. I really like the high resolution.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I plan on putting in an LCD (on the way) and I wanted to know if there are any additional hardware that is needed? I have a LED strip that I plan to use to light the love never dies so I think the concern with the LCD vs. LED and using the love never dies lights will be answered shortly. I really like the high resolution.

I used the lcd and didn't have to do anything different except mount the screen up as high as possible.....

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man this color dmd may be one the best to date. Seriously u don't even notice the panel is slightly different.

That's high praise. I know my two faves are MET and JD. I'm not sure I could ever pick one I worked on. May have to let some time pass for me to be objective.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's high praise. I know my two faves are MET and JD. I'm not sure I could ever pick one I worked on. May have to let some time pass for me to be objective.

Met is really great but as far as b/w titles its up there . I really like the colors in bsd

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yep. I like dots more but the option is there as long as you buy the LCD.

can somebody post a video in scan mode?

#136 2 years ago

How long does it take to download the formware to the DMD? Mine seems to be taking an awfully long time, the program button is blinking as if it is working but the screen is blank.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

How long does it take to download the formware to the DMD? Mine seems to be taking an awfully long time, the program button is blinking as if it is working but the screen is blank.

The program button should go solid. If it's blinking, it's flashing an error code. A single repeated blink means a file with the expected name: (colordmd.rom or chroma.rom) could not be found on the drive.

Check the filename to make sure you have the correct ROM version (chroma.rom for new displays with Chroma A1 controller board) and make sure there are no added characters (ex. chroma(1).rom) and no hidden double extension (ex. chroma.rom.rom).

To clear the error, you'll need to reset power to the display and then try again.

#138 2 years ago

Got it, thanks....

Quoted from Dmod:

The program button should go solid. If it's blinking, it's flashing an error code. A single repeated blink means a file with the expected name: (colordmd.rom or chroma.rom) could not be found on the drive.
Check the filename to make sure you have the correct ROM version (chroma.rom for new displays with Chroma A1 controller board) and make sure there are no added characters (ex. chroma(1).rom) and no hidden double extension (ex. chroma.rom.rom).
To clear the error, you'll need to reset power to the display and then try again.

1 year later
#139 1 year ago

There seems to be varying opinions here. Do you need the speaker replacement? If so, has one come out that is better than the original post? Looks like LCD is the way to go but correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the help

#140 1 year ago

I just got a bsd and went through the same decision. I didn't know you needed to buy a replacement and after looking into it I think the original one posted here is still the same one available for better or worse.

I just couldn't stomach spending 500+ for color considering I don't mind blood red. If it was old school orange I might have ponied up.

I've been thinking about getting an oculus rift for 400 so I decided to skip the color, buy the VR and still have over 100 in cash. Sometimes I can't believe how much pinball mods cost that I can buy a brand new vr system and have money left over vs a color dmd. GL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 50.00
$ 14.95
$ 109.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside